follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Frsexxxy

Drives: White Virgin frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I sagely remove the ecutek chord from my car? Yank it out

Its stuck I want to just yank it out but don't know if I should.Vand I meant safely not sagely
Frsexxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Well it's not suppose to get stuck! When you look at it do you have the small light on it facing you? if not you have put it the wrong way(and I seriously don't know you could). If yes well just pull harder nothing should happen.
Vortech SC(314hp/226tq), Perrin pully, Tanabe strut tower bar, Perrin exhaust, LP Tune, hsd coilovers, DTC-60 fr, hp+rear),track rubber RS3 and Continental :-), Forester oem oil cooler,Custom brake cooling kit. Driveway lab rear diffuser, Wasp front spliter, TRD canard/fenders.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Just pull it out (straight down towards the floor). It may help to try and rock it back and forth (side to side as you pull down).

Our car's OBD2 connector is a piece of crap in my opinion. It's a very tight fit and it appears to only be supported on one side, so as you push it in or pull it out, you're putting a lot of stress on one side and the other is free to move around. I suspect that this thing is going to bend out of position with repeated use.

Not to mention the location sucks if you want to retain a connection while driving. I think I'll remount somewhere else more securely and out of the way of my leg one of these days.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
NoFear99

Drives: FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The first time you plug it, it is harder to remove.

But after that it will be easier to come off.
- 2002 Bombardier Legend 800SE
NoFear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
QFry

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Just pull it out (straight down towards the floor). It may help to try and rock it back and forth (side to side as you pull down).

Our car's OBD2 connector is a piece of crap in my opinion. It's a very tight fit and it appears to only be supported on one side, so as you push it in or pull it out, you're putting a lot of stress on one side and the other is free to move around. I suspect that this thing is going to bend out of position with repeated use.

Not to mention the location sucks if you want to retain a connection while driving. I think I'll remount somewhere else more securely and out of the way of my leg one of these days.
Or you could just bend the thin metal bracket up and back towards the center console so everything is nice and tucked under the dash...still easy to get to and out of the way.
2013 Argento FR-S -> Lots of random PlastiDip, UNIChip Custom Tune, aFe Takeda Intake, Nameless Performance front pipe and axle back exhaust, Motegi MR125 7.5x17, Rally Armour mud flaps, Gloss black vinyl roof, ACT street clutch and flywheel,Whiteline bushings; Kartboy Shortshifter and shift bushing
QFry is offline   Reply With Quote