follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2019, 07:13 PM   #15
Silverz

Drives: Black frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update on this....

I went and bought the sway link and tie rod end for less than $100 for both on eBay and went to install it. When I took the old ones off, I test them and they seemed fine. The tie road end had some lubricant that came out of it but seem to still be good. I went ahead and change them out anyways. Took it for a test drive and still the same noise.

I was determined yesterday to find it. Jacked the car up and got underneath and pull and pryed on everything. Rock wheel back and forth at 12-6 and 3-9. Solid. I was like fudge wtf is going on. When I was just about to give up, I noticed the grill on the front was pushed in at the bottom right corner. I had parked over one of those concrete wheel stop and back it back up and it got caught on a rebar sticking up that was holding it down. I was thinking. No way. This couldn’t be it...could it. Popped that sucker back into place and took it out for a spin. Bounced that sob off of curbs left and right and no sound. What in the hell.

Drove it around today and smooth and no sounds. Woohoo. Sometimes it the simple things we overlook. Maybe this will help someone else.

Last edited by Silverz; 01-31-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Silverz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverz For This Useful Post:
ermax (01-31-2019), humfrz (02-01-2019)