follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #281
01s0uljah

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picked up my car yesterday and the CEL and Traction light came on after 40KM.

Brought it to the dealership today to have it service and they wanted to reset the ECU to clear the light. I pulled off the lot and approached the first light and BAM the lights came back on. Pulled a U-Turn and went straight back. Its been in the shop since this morning...

They are waiting for Subaru techs to get back to the dealership with the next action... This is really not looking too good.
01s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #282
alrashwa

Drives: '12 370Z Monterey Blue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Welcome to the club.
alrashwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #283
Shizzaw

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto View Post
We called Scion on Monday and got a case number! Scion called us back today but they had no idea either. Toyota of Escondido told us they are waiting for the part from Scion and when the part comes they will call us! Just made my first payment n insurance on the car but we barely took four trips with it
Even though we seemed to have bad luck with our cars, its nice to know another whiteout owner in the area.
Shizzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #284
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
What is that, at least 6 members in CA with these CEL's...?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #285
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
What is that, at least 6 members in CA with these CEL's...?
2 things to help with that...

1) California has a large population.

2) California has a lot of auto enthusiast.

I'm guessing cali has more twins than any other state.
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #286
tintumz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota 86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrashwa View Post
Third week for me. I've done my own digging and I've found that basically the techs lack the knowledge to fix the cars, coupled with the fact that Toyota and Subaru want to keep the repair attempts to a minimum to prevent bad press.

The local Dealership diagnosed my car without contacting Scion Corp. the first time, they ended up with a stern lecture and orders not to make any changes to the car without prior approval.

It really is a "Beta" experience in these territories where the car was not extensively tested it would seem. Not to mention the longer they keep the car, the more useful it is as a test bed for them. I already assume that the service techs are out there beating the shit out of mine, but I guess it's to be expected.
Man I would be pissed about that!!! As one member said that they can't diagnose this car on their own with no signal/order from Toyota. Toyota strictly wanted these problems be handled with their guidance. You as an owner have the right to request that. I'm just talking based on my experience. I really told them to let me know what's going on and to strictly wait for Toyota's higher engineer/corporate tech or whatever to tell the local tech what to do. At my dealer they know those stuff.
tintumz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #287
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintumz22 View Post
Yeah. there are variety of VIN #s it ranges not just in a single batch. hopefully everything will be alright tomorrow for the testing. and looking forward getting mine tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrashwa View Post
I'm just waiting to see the VIN range for this issue. Definitely not an uncommon defect from the threads I've seen.
FYI: VINS are not sequential when they are built. Build details were given to me as a part of my package from the dealer. Those details are more relevant.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #288
Mr.Roboto

Drives: White-Out FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzaw View Post
Even though we seemed to have bad luck with our cars, its nice to know another whiteout owner in the area.
Yes it is! Did Toyota of Temecula called you yet? Scion supposes to call us tomorrow with updates!
Mr.Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #289
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,113 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
More BRZ's are beginning to go down. Check other threads in the 'Warranty' thread and look for the "Idle Problem" and "CEL Just Came On". Not good..........
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #290
Shizzaw

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto View Post
Yes it is! Did Toyota of Temecula called you yet? Scion supposes to call us tomorrow with updates!
The didn't call me yesterday. I think I'm gonna stop by there after work today and raise a little hell. I'm getting extremely pissed off about this. By car has been there for almost 2 weeks now and they don't even have an estimate on when the new ECU will be shipped. I leave town for 2 weeks on Sunday and would like my car back before then. I don't want to leave this headache for my wife to deal with.
Shizzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #291
Mr.Roboto

Drives: White-Out FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzaw View Post
The didn't call me yesterday. I think I'm gonna stop by there after work today and raise a little hell. I'm getting extremely pissed off about this. By car has been there for almost 2 weeks now and they don't even have an estimate on when the new ECU will be shipped. I leave town for 2 weeks on Sunday and would like my car back before then. I don't want to leave this headache for my wife to deal with.
Please let us update to what Toyota/Scion will do for you? At least a few month payments would be paid by them since our cars are sitting in the dealership!
Mr.Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #292
soconfoozed

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT WR Blue Pearl
Well, there goes my confidence that I'm actually getting my car back tomorrow. They ordered the wrong part. And then, they didn't next day the right part. So instead of working on solving the hard problem (let's make the car work, guys), which I accept, we're working on solving a completely silly problem (get the right parts), which is about the fastest shortcut to the end of my patience that I can think of.

Dumb. Just dumb.

Allegedly, the right parts will be in tomorrow AM. So, there remains some remote chance that I'll have my car back. However, getting the parts on time would have allowed for something else to go wrong, and still have time to recover. So, things have to go swimmingly tomorrow. What are the odds of that? They seem low.

Not how you run a project, guys.

You'd think Subaru would be more on top of this, to get data to engineering as quickly as possible and get a hotfix into production. How do you send the wrong-side component when you have a sensor code? Is anybody even checking this?
Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #293
STEVEOSTI
Speed Freak

Drives: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Make that another confirmed case...I picked up the car last friday and had the P0019 code pop Sunday morning minutes after getting home. Put exactly one tank of fuel through it. Had towed back to dealer Monday morning, the kept it until yesterday and simply cleared the code and road tested and informed me it was good to go and I could come pick it up.

Well, showed up to pick it up today and was showing my dad the car as it warmed up and before even putting it in gear the light was back on. The dealer informed me they simply disconnected the battery as per subaru's suggestion. The code was cleared again and was back on before we made it 10KM from the dealership. Nothing fixed, but also no adverse affects felt. This isn't good........
STEVEOSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #294
alrashwa

Drives: '12 370Z Monterey Blue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
That's odd that they had that many false diagnoses considering Subaru has a well documented TSB for the P0019 and many other related Camshaft codes.

Tell them to look up TSB 02-132-12
alrashwa is offline   Reply With Quote