follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #15
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,806 Times in 3,300 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
i havent looked but seeing how there is oil everywhere but the pan and the engine is seized i think i spun a bearing and threw a rod
That is odd that you would have oil starvation or something causing a spun bearing while just cruising, unless damage was done prior. I feel like there should be a warranty claim. Maybe you suffered excessive gasket material. Are you outside the powertrain warranty?

Build or overbuild the motor, but have a plan for the transmission if you plan to exceed 300tq. I only mention that because you asked about a closed deck block. The RS pulley on a JRSC shouldn’t be too hard on the transmission.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:57 PM   #16
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
That is odd that you would have oil starvation or something causing a spun bearing while just cruising, unless damage was done prior. I feel like there should be a warranty claim. Maybe you suffered excessive gasket material. Are you outside the powertrain warranty?

Build or overbuild the motor, but have a plan for the transmission if you plan to exceed 300tq. I only mention that because you asked about a closed deck block. The RS pulley on a JRSC shouldn’t be too hard on the transmission.

i actually left a message with CSG and waiting to hear back from them about that. i saw the price of a cd009 swap and

as for the damage i think i had maybe spun a bearing already and it just gave up now. either that or after fighting with the dealership about weiother or not my oil leak was actually real, then if they would actually cover it because i have a tune for 3 months, they did a dogshit job on it and that might have caused it. but all the oil is blown out of the passengers side and they worked on the drivers side. honestly its going to be faster to just bite the bullet and pay myself. im not going to fight them for 6 months over their shit work
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breadman For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (03-29-2021)