follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Map scaling isntructions with Ecutek unclear

I just got an omni 3 bar map sensor since I recently got boost, I'm trying to rescale the values but I can't even get to that part. I'm trying to follow this guide but it doesn't even tell you specifically what to do. I've been messing around with the program for a whole day and can't figure it out. Can anyone help me?

https://ecutek.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/...sor-Re-scaling
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,634 Times in 1,113 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Have you done the tune yourself or do you have a tune provided by someone? The fact you're asking this is a little worrying....
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The tune was provided.
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
If you have a 3 bar map then substitute in the offset and voltage multiplier values for a 3bar map into the tune tavles shown in the ecutek help file you referenced. Save tune to new name your done.

Check the boost pressure with ignition on , but engine not running is 1 bar ie atmostspheric pressure. If its way different then scaling and map sensor not matched .

Tuning turbo cars your running a fine line even small changes can result in engine destruction be sure you understand what your doing and check carefully
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I do have a 3 bar and understand what to do, it's just I don't see an option where I can click on and change the values... where are the settings located? Are you opening an existing rom or?
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is what shows for me, I can only check and un-check things in the boxes, it does not let me directly change values there:
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:55 AM   #7
steve99
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,996
Thanks: 1,035
Thanked 4,998 Times in 2,985 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
This is what shows for me, I can only check and un-check things in the boxes, it does not let me directly change values there:

Haha, that cause your ecutek tune is locked mate :-)

99.9% of ecutek tunes are locked, ie all you can do is flash it amd lg parameters, you cannot edit ot look at thte tune tables. This protects the tuners work.

Its not like opensource like oft or tactrix where every thing is open

You will need to get your tuner ro change tune for 3bar map
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:02 PM   #8
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ah... I guess there's nothing I can do then. This map was for my old 2.5 map sensor, do you think I can drive my car just fine with a 3 bar? The car starts but I am just hesitant on taking it out.
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Location: italy
Posts: 2,292
Thanks: 517
Thanked 1,125 Times in 815 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
i think you REALLY need to change those 2 values on the map if you put the 3bar map sensor. Not really safe to drive like that specially with FI
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #10
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
i think you REALLY need to change those 2 values on the map if you put the 3bar map sensor. Not really safe to drive like that specially with FI
This tune is not for a stock map sensor, it was for a 2.5 bar which I had on for FI but it was throwing weird codes so my tuner recommended me getting a 3 bar.
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #11
Evangelion
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Haha, that cause your ecutek tune is locked mate :-)

99.9% of ecutek tunes are locked, ie all you can do is flash it amd lg parameters, you cannot edit ot look at thte tune tables. This protects the tuners work.

Its not like opensource like oft or tactrix where every thing is open

You will need to get your tuner ro change tune for 3bar map

Is there anything I can do to edit my own tune? My car is just sitting there because my tuner responds only through email maybe twice a week and since its a long weekend I don't want to be stuck at home..


EDIT: I ended up just swapping out my 3 bar map back to my 2.5 bar map since my tuner gave me a tune for that one instead and I'll just wait out the 3 bar map.

Last edited by Evangelion; 05-27-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:35 PM   #12
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,634 Times in 1,113 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
This tune is not for a stock map sensor, it was for a 2.5 bar which I had on for FI but it was throwing weird codes so my tuner recommended me getting a 3 bar.
What codes is it throwing? I don't see how a 3 bar MAP sensor is going to stop codes being caused.

No, there is nothing you can do to edit your own tunes.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maf Scaling VGI Tool Phantobe Software Tuning 14 04-30-2019 03:55 PM
MAF scaling, showing you what i cam up with trdric Software Tuning 24 06-29-2017 12:10 PM
What MAF scaling says about your intake BuBlake Software Tuning 27 12-09-2014 05:01 AM
BRZEdit MAP scaling jamesm Software Tuning 13 10-02-2013 12:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.