Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Map scaling isntructions with Ecutek unclear (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127894)

Evangelion 05-26-2018 02:40 PM

Map scaling isntructions with Ecutek unclear
 
I just got an omni 3 bar map sensor since I recently got boost, I'm trying to rescale the values but I can't even get to that part. I'm trying to follow this guide but it doesn't even tell you specifically what to do. I've been messing around with the program for a whole day and can't figure it out. Can anyone help me?

https://ecutek.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/...sor-Re-scaling

Kodename47 05-26-2018 03:28 PM

Have you done the tune yourself or do you have a tune provided by someone? The fact you're asking this is a little worrying....

Evangelion 05-26-2018 03:56 PM

The tune was provided.

steve99 05-26-2018 06:03 PM

If you have a 3 bar map then substitute in the offset and voltage multiplier values for a 3bar map into the tune tavles shown in the ecutek help file you referenced. Save tune to new name your done.

Check the boost pressure with ignition on , but engine not running is 1 bar ie atmostspheric pressure. If its way different then scaling and map sensor not matched .

Tuning turbo cars your running a fine line even small changes can result in engine destruction be sure you understand what your doing and check carefully

Evangelion 05-26-2018 10:54 PM

I do have a 3 bar and understand what to do, it's just I don't see an option where I can click on and change the values... where are the settings located? Are you opening an existing rom or?

Evangelion 05-26-2018 10:58 PM

This is what shows for me, I can only check and un-check things in the boxes, it does not let me directly change values there: https://i.imgur.com/CqN4rgF.png

steve99 05-27-2018 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelion (Post 3091917)
This is what shows for me, I can only check and un-check things in the boxes, it does not let me directly change values there: https://i.imgur.com/CqN4rgF.png


Haha, that cause your ecutek tune is locked mate :-)

99.9% of ecutek tunes are locked, ie all you can do is flash it amd lg parameters, you cannot edit ot look at thte tune tables. This protects the tuners work.

Its not like opensource like oft or tactrix where every thing is open

You will need to get your tuner ro change tune for 3bar map

Evangelion 05-27-2018 01:02 PM

Ah... I guess there's nothing I can do then. This map was for my old 2.5 map sensor, do you think I can drive my car just fine with a 3 bar? The car starts but I am just hesitant on taking it out.

tomm.brz 05-27-2018 01:51 PM

i think you REALLY need to change those 2 values on the map if you put the 3bar map sensor. Not really safe to drive like that specially with FI

Evangelion 05-27-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm.brz (Post 3092039)
i think you REALLY need to change those 2 values on the map if you put the 3bar map sensor. Not really safe to drive like that specially with FI

This tune is not for a stock map sensor, it was for a 2.5 bar which I had on for FI but it was throwing weird codes so my tuner recommended me getting a 3 bar.

Evangelion 05-27-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 3091943)
Haha, that cause your ecutek tune is locked mate :-)

99.9% of ecutek tunes are locked, ie all you can do is flash it amd lg parameters, you cannot edit ot look at thte tune tables. This protects the tuners work.

Its not like opensource like oft or tactrix where every thing is open

You will need to get your tuner ro change tune for 3bar map


Is there anything I can do to edit my own tune? My car is just sitting there because my tuner responds only through email maybe twice a week and since its a long weekend I don't want to be stuck at home..


EDIT: I ended up just swapping out my 3 bar map back to my 2.5 bar map since my tuner gave me a tune for that one instead and I'll just wait out the 3 bar map.

Kodename47 05-27-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelion (Post 3092042)
This tune is not for a stock map sensor, it was for a 2.5 bar which I had on for FI but it was throwing weird codes so my tuner recommended me getting a 3 bar.

What codes is it throwing? I don't see how a 3 bar MAP sensor is going to stop codes being caused.

No, there is nothing you can do to edit your own tunes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.