follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #127
JonAvalon
SCBYD0
 
JonAvalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 18 BRZ (WRB)
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 544
Thanks: 1,375
Thanked 240 Times in 167 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdesign2000 View Post
Not your fault. I was too slow.
If anyone has the new one, please post it.
Thank you!!
If you still need one, use SUM15 for 5% off, it expires on the 15th.
JonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #128
DCdesign2000
Member
 
DCdesign2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Civic Hyb, RS6, BRZ SeriesBlue
Location: Saratoga
Posts: 97
Thanks: 19
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
If you still need one, use SUM15 for 5% off, it expires on the 15th.
Thanks!
Ordered it and they are on the way.

DC
DCdesign2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #129
DCdesign2000
Member
 
DCdesign2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: Civic Hyb, RS6, BRZ SeriesBlue
Location: Saratoga
Posts: 97
Thanks: 19
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am experiencing an oil leak. Please help~
It could be the Fumoto paper type gasket failing. I will investigate it this weekend.
Should I replace it with an OEM metal washer?
DCdesign2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #130
Sploozel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 48
Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdesign2000 View Post
I am experiencing an oil leak. Please help~
It could be the Fumoto paper type gasket failing. I will investigate it this weekend.
Should I replace it with an OEM metal washer?
You should just replace the valve with a magnetic drain plug and a crush washer. Wont leak and don't have to worry about it.

__________________
YOU WONT.
Sploozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:32 AM   #131
JohnJuan
Senior Member
 
JohnJuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, Hot Lava; 2012 Z1000 CBO
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 539
Thanks: 1,650
Thanked 253 Times in 165 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdesign2000 View Post
I am experiencing an oil leak. Please help~
It could be the Fumoto paper type gasket failing. I will investigate it this weekend.
Should I replace it with an OEM metal washer?
It's certainly possible, but I've had one on my motorcycle for two years now with no issue. Are you sure it was tightened properly?
__________________
JohnJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installed Perrin shifter bushing & Fumoto oil drain valve zooki Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 23 03-31-2013 05:18 PM
FS: Fumoto quick valve Laika Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 1 01-08-2013 01:51 PM
Quick Question??? soontobrz BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 12 12-16-2012 11:02 AM
Quick question.... be6sti Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 8 11-04-2012 09:53 PM
quick question about the height.. VenomRush Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 13 12-22-2009 10:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.