follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #29
b.e
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava, 2007 Tundra
Location: Utah
Posts: 174
Thanks: 283
Thanked 117 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahGooner View Post
Has anyone seen an issue with controlling the volume when playing bluetooth audio? In calls I can change volume as needed, but cannot control the volume once BTA starts playing. (Phone is a RAZR 4G, stock FR-S tuner)
I see the same thing, in regards to the volume knob in the car. I can change the BTA music volume using the controls on my phone, but I can't get the volume very loud.
b.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #30
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm
 
Snoopyalien24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,729
Thanks: 1,275
Thanked 753 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Aux cable if it doesn't work. Just 2 seconds of your life to connect it lol

If phone call comes in, pick it up and talk normaly as if it were BT.

my .02
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #31
mfromwhere
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: White FR-S
Location: Culver City
Posts: 36
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The only time I can't change volume with bluetooth audio is if no music is playing.
For instance, sometimes I have music paused and am listening to driving directions on Waze I have to temporarily play music to change the volume.

It's annoying but I have never had any problem with audio volume and I like to listen pretty loud.
mfromwhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Rossman
Senior Member
 
Rossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: '22 BRZ, '17 BRZ (prev '13 FR-S)
Location: Backwoods Ontario
Posts: 366
Thanks: 44
Thanked 123 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have a WebOS phone and the bluetooth audio works well!
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #33
b_massey02
Senior Member
 
b_massey02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6MT
Location: Tallahasse, FL
Posts: 126
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have an iphone 4 as well no Bluetooth audio troubles here.
b_massey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #34
b.e
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava, 2007 Tundra
Location: Utah
Posts: 174
Thanks: 283
Thanked 117 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
After many hours of experimenting, I got the volume knob to control BTA music levels.

1. I disconnected and deleted the profiles from both the car and my phone.
2. I tried to reconnect. No go. For about two hours, I tried, no connection made.
3. In desperation I looked for new firmware for the phone, but only updated the PRL.
4. Tried again to connect, success after a half hour. This time one connection established both the phone and the audio connection. (the first time it was two separate connection events.
5. Felt surprise when I turned the volume control while listening to audio on the phone, and it changed the volume!
6. Felt bewilderment when I checked it an hour later and it didn't.

Android 2.3, base audio in the car.
b.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #35
Karrezza
Junior Member
 
Karrezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S Red Automatic
Location: Richland, WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I cannot get it to even see my iShuffle 3. It keeps flashing "iPod Update" like it cannot read it??? What do I need the latest? The Toyota Camry 2012 model can read it!
Also it does not detect my blue tooth phone, AND when it detected my boyfriend's it won't show any of his contacts.
Karrezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
forzajuve
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: Ultramarine 86 - 6MT
Location: California
Posts: 533
Thanks: 184
Thanked 139 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Did you ever find a fix to your BTA problem?

I have a similar issue:

During blue tooth phone calls I can change the volume.
While listening to music using my phone it will only change volume if I am using the google music player
If I use youtube to listen to a song, the volume will not change. I have to switch to FM then back to BT, then quickly change the volume before it locks.
forzajuve is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluetooth audio from android phone cgrey Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 10 07-11-2013 07:56 AM
Bluetooth/Nav inimitable Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 40 09-26-2012 08:35 PM
Bluetooth built into head unit? finch1750 Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 8 06-16-2012 02:59 PM
BRZ Bluetooth issues? Shizuma Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 3 06-13-2012 12:06 AM
Bluetooth Mic Placement in 86? Aventador87 AUSTRALIA 13 06-11-2012 01:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.