follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #99
DMDominator

Drives: Genesis 3.8 Track, Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarik83 View Post
I compare FRS against its competitors... and yes for the record I am really hoping to persuade myself to buy an frs in hot lava. One thing I am not seeing is quantity for the kind of cash that car costs. What I am relieved to see is that I think toyota has heard the many voices of its fans (probably by paroosing this very website) and that is why on 2014 model they are "introducing/revamping" standard features on the car.
They added the following to the '14 FR-S:

Knee padding

DMDominator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMDominator For This Useful Post:
campy (09-22-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #100
yarik83

Drives: 2008 4x4 Toyota Tacoma
I will agree with the fact that update list is very short but you know what... it is a start.
yarik83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #101
NepeanFR-S

Drives: 10 Series FR-S
The best complement I've received on my FR-S came from the wife. The first time I pulled into the driveway after picking it up the first thing out of her mouth was a suggestion that I might have fibbed to her about the price. She figured I must have paid more for such a sharp looking car.
NepeanFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #102
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I got mine from my sugah ma. FREE? Profit?
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #103
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Today was a new high estimate. I had the garage doors open while using brake cleaning chemicals with the car up on stands. My mailman, who closely resembles Santa Claus and had never seen out of his truck before, walked down the driveway to check it out. He qualified his car guy creds by saying he has a Factory Five Cobra, possibly my favorite replica car.

During his walkaround he said "these are twin turbo V-6 and cost about $100K, right?". I started answering but when he got to the rear blurted out "FR-S? What's that?", then noticed the emblem and in a descending tone said "Oh, Scion. I thought it was a GT-R".

I launched into the usual talking points (light weight, CoG, DI, Torsen, quick steering, etc.) but forgot to mention price.

So although he seemed impressed until the Scion flinch, I was secretly pleased to have FR-S mistaken for a $100K+ GT-R, ha.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #104
batmobilefrs

Drives: Raven FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Today was a new high estimate. I had the garage doors open while using brake cleaning chemicals with the car up on stands. My mailman, who closely resembles Santa Claus and had never seen out of his truck before, walked down the driveway to check it out. He qualified his car guy creds by saying he has a Factory Five Cobra, possibly my favorite replica car.

During his walkaround he said "these are twin turbo V-6 and cost about $100K, right?". I started answering but when he got to the rear blurted out "FR-S? What's that?", then noticed the emblem and in a descending tone said "Oh, Scion. I thought it was a GT-R".

I launched into the usual talking points (light weight, CoG, DI, Torsen, quick steering, etc.) but forgot to mention price.

So although he seemed impressed until the Scion flinch, I was secretly pleased to have FR-S mistaken for a $100K+ GT-R, ha.
Funny thing, I was stopped for a random vehicle inspection at 4am going to work on the Charleston Naval Weapons Station and the guard asked me if it was "one of those $100k cars" I said no your thinking of the GTR and there is a guy that owns one that works on the same base, so yea it is kinda nice to be confused for a 100k GTR
batmobilefrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"idiot", look son an idiot, soslow somad