follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #1
TRAKRAVN

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS - Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trailing Arm Bushing Question?

I recently picked up most of the Whiteline bushings available for the FRS. I didn't seem to find one for the rear trailing arm bushing on the spindle/knuckle side of the arm. They do have a bushing for the lower arm on the spindle/knuckle side. Is it the same bushing and I need another set? They seam to have all of the other bushings or am I just not reading the product list properly?
TRAKRAVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
TRAKRAVN

I was able to find this today.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hardrace-...QAAOSwzrxUt1AA

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
Gear_One_Performance

Drives: 2014 BRZ SCCA STU endurance car
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'll have to double check today when I put a car up but I'm fairly certain the stock bushing is a pillowball.
Gear_One_Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gear_One_Performance For This Useful Post:
TRAKRAVN (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I just changed all my front and rear suspension bushings. I finished the job on December 30. The outer rear lower control arm bushings on my 2013 were the only cross axis/pillow ball bushings in the car in stock form. Energy makes a complete kit that replaces every single rear bushing not including sway bar bushings. The rear trailing arm bushings are included. The stock ones in mine were rubber. I did not replace the cross axis bushing, as they are even less compromising than polyurethane. The energy kit is a great improvement, and costs considerably less than the individual whiteline pieces. I've used energy bushings in previous cars, and have always had great results from them. For the record I did use the whiteline camber correction bushings in front control arm forward position and whiteline bushings in the aft position on front control arms.
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twag4 For This Useful Post:
TRAKRAVN (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
TRAKRAVN

So just to clarify and make sure I understand this correctly.

The knuckle side of the rear trailing arm is rubber.

The knuckle side of the lower arm (typically used for camber correction with a replacement arm) is a pillow ball bearing.

I wish I could just go and check my car but it's locked away in storage until April.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #6
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAKRAVN View Post
So just to clarify and make sure I understand this correctly.

The knuckle side of the rear trailing arm is rubber.

The knuckle side of the lower arm (typically used for camber correction with a replacement arm) is a pillow ball bearing.

I wish I could just go and check my car but it's locked away in storage until April.
Mine was! Both ends of trailing arm were rubber. I literally swapped them out last week. Outer lower control arm is cross axis bushing from the factory, and inner was rubber. The SPC control arms have cross axis bushings installed on the inner location as well. Both ends of mine have the cross axis bushings on the rear lower control arms now. They have the eccentric adjusters for use at the factory installed cross axis bush on the knuckle. Cross axis is the pillow ball style bushing that is greased and sealed. It is arguably better for all weather street use than a traditional pillow ball or heim joint as it is greased and not directly exposed to the elements. SPC calls their cross axis bushings "x-axis" as their proprietary name. Not bad for $210 for the SPC control arms. Honestly, the ride of my car is improved, while still being much tighter feeling. The suspension articulation is much smoother with all the new bushings. I disconnected the shocks and springs, and the sway bars from the control arms before disassembly. I put the rear back together with all the new bushings before attaching the shocks and sway bars. The comparison was very telling. Much smoother articulation after the swap. Much less springy, which means the springs and shocks handle more of the damping and loading.
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twag4 For This Useful Post:
TRAKRAVN (01-04-2016)