follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
kiichiro
corolla specs/GTR looks
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: ooh oooh pretty tail lights
Location: slower than a accord V6
Posts: 490
Thanks: 229
Thanked 113 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Clutch professional results Alan aka azfa20. Thread to say thanks!

This a quick thread to thank Alan for doing a first class install job on my car that has a pretty good list of mods. The Act clutch feels great, as does the lighter flywheel, needed some adjustment but feels perfect now, all you guys within driving distance should not think twice about availing his service and expertise. Nice guy fair rates and top not service most importantly.

On one hand I have done most my build myself and enjoy owning two brz one for track one for commute on the other I'm not a master tech trained in each and every area of automotive proficiency. This is the guy who teaches techs how to be techs and it's obvious once you watch him work. This is just not a job I recommend doing on your back or in your driveway if you have anywhere near a bad back, or are less than agile. I'm really glad I didn't do this on a floor jack.

Not only does he give you level headed in depth explanations but the ability to wrench along side him and be meticulous about a car I toss around can buy comfort and peace of mind that's pricelessotherwise,

A boon to us in the southwest

Thank you Alan
Always a privilege


Anyone who needs work done on your 86 don't hesitate to avail his help and advise

I'm am going back for some help with my tuning and for corner balancing.
__________________
SOLD THEM BOTH
Hers: 2007 987S
Mine: 2012 991S
That was fun, thanks Hachi
kiichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
AZFA20
Automotive Connoisseur
 
AZFA20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: too many cars
Location: The Desert, AZ
Posts: 629
Thanks: 156
Thanked 517 Times in 257 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiichiro View Post
This a quick thread to thank Alan for doing a first class install job on my car that has a pretty good list of mods. The Act clutch feels great, as does the lighter flywheel, needed some adjustment but feels perfect now, all you guys within driving distance should not think twice about availing his service and expertise. Nice guy fair rates and top not service most importantly.

On one hand I have done most my build myself and enjoy owning two brz one for track one for commute on the other I'm not a master tech trained in each and every area of automotive proficiency. This is the guy who teaches techs how to be techs and it's obvious once you watch him work. This is just not a job I recommend doing on your back or in your driveway if you have anywhere near a bad back, or are less than agile. I'm really glad I didn't do this on a floor jack.

Not only does he give you level headed in depth explanations but the ability to wrench along side him and be meticulous about a car I toss around can buy comfort and peace of mind that's pricelessotherwise,

A boon to us in the southwest

Thank you Alan
Always a privilege


Anyone who needs work done on your 86 don't hesitate to avail his help and advise

I'm am going back for some help with my tuning and for corner balancing.
I can't believe I somehow didn't see this thread. I suppose because I just go straight into the AZ thread when I come here. You are absolutely welcome and I greatly appreciate the kind words. It was a pleasure working on your car and I have already set some scheduling aside for you for the additional services you have requested. As you mentioned, anyone in the local area is more than welcome to contact me for professional installs etc. Referrals and word of mouth are important to me so don't hesitate to send anyone my way.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new ACT combo
__________________
LSx Powered 86/ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician
AZFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
kiichiro
corolla specs/GTR looks
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: ooh oooh pretty tail lights
Location: slower than a accord V6
Posts: 490
Thanks: 229
Thanked 113 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Over a few hundred miles it feels not much firmer than stock and oh so much better!
__________________
SOLD THEM BOTH
Hers: 2007 987S
Mine: 2012 991S
That was fun, thanks Hachi
kiichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STX Set-Up Sharing & Results Thread race2win Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 76 02-16-2017 11:30 AM
FI Clutch Feedback Thread RAN94A Forced Induction 20 01-10-2014 06:07 AM
Is there a thread with just the results of mods ... no discussions? rskdsk Forced Induction 1 11-01-2013 06:27 AM
Alan and Amanda's 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Ltd. Alan Member's Car Journals 4 02-10-2013 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.