follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
soontobrz

Drives: DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Possible Idle Issue???? Help please

I dont know if its just me or not but it seems my brz idles really poorly and jumps around a a lot. i know about the compressor kicking in but it seems really frequent. let me know your thoughts
soontobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
chuchutrain
Banned

Drives: Firestorm
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
usually when i'm coming to a stop and the engines dropping back to idle it'll dip extra low then go back to normal. is that what you're getting?
chuchutrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Everyone I know with these cars has similar issues, even after the recent update/fix from the dealership (there are many threads in this forum covering it). Coming to a stop the idle drops low, car shudders, etc. Fluctuation in RPM/vibration at idle, etc.

Resetting the ECU by pulling the negative battery terminal for ten minutes did make some improvements on my car the last time it happened to me when it was stock, but in my experience it eventually comes back.

I recently purchased Visconti's stage1 tune and this has solved the issue completely for me. It's my understanding most aftermarket tunes will resolve this. The Visconti tune was the best money I've spent on the car without question as far as smoothness/drivability/power. If you can afford it, I'd recommend it.
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote