|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: Brz
Location: San diego
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
P0420 code options
Looking to fix the CEL p0420 code on my 2013 brz. I have diagnosed the issue and found that the cat is well on its way out.
I am looking at potential options. Would I be able to resolve this issue by switching to an after market UEL catted header and tune? the OEM cat would cost me roughly same amount but offer no performance gain over what I am currently running (stock everything). |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,421
Thanks: 1,907
Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
|
Buy a used OEM header, or go with an aftermarket with a tune if you want a little bump in power.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: Brz
Location: San diego
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
I'm seeing the only available catted header are from JDL, I might buy that. Anyone know what tune is best with this header?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2018
Drives: 2013 frs base
Location: central Virginia
Posts: 1,469
Thanks: 2,801
Thanked 1,486 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
I remember somewhere reading there marginal gains with a 2nd gen header.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Member
Join Date: Feb 2023
Drives: 2017 GT86
Location: California
Posts: 81
Thanks: 15
Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| P0420 CODE | SHOGUN66 | Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) | 10 | 10-24-2018 09:42 AM |
| P0420 Code | Miguelgomez | Southeast | 0 | 01-25-2018 09:41 PM |
| CEL P0420 Code. | VoltsFRS2013 | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 22 | 10-10-2017 12:26 PM |
| P0420 Code... Need help | R3b00T | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 4 | 07-11-2016 04:18 PM |
| Code p0420 | Patsully3 | Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB | 17 | 02-26-2016 10:45 PM |