follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
SamtheKorean
September

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know anything about Speed Sensor?

Hey guys, i tried to search any info about speed sensors on 2015 brz. to fill you in the story while having lil fun on the back road on the last corner I corrected too much and went over a small curb (10-15 MPH). the wheel is lil bit dented where it doesnt mess up the balance, dont know for sure if i bent any rod or LCA for my driver side front but the toe is out little bit while the steering wheel is centered I will be taking it in for an alignment to check. worst thing is right after the crash i got traction control and abs lights are on on the dash.. after researching it, it might be my speed sensor. anyone know how to diagnose that problem or it might be something else. thanks everyone
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Scan for codes, the ECU will tell you what's wrong.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
SamtheKorean
September

the thing is i don’t have the equipment which means don’t exactly know what sensor is faulty if it’s even the sensor
Old 03-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
To add to this, I think wha he means is that a scanner tool and app (like torque) will only tell you "P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor VSS Malfunction" and thats it. Not where, which wheel, what the problem is (no signal, wrong singal, intermittent signal).

OP, I think this is what you want:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdMPh9UvC0[/ame]
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #5
SamtheKorean
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
To add to this, I think wha he means is that a scanner tool and app (like torque) will only tell you "P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor VSS Malfunction" and thats it. Not where, which wheel, what the problem is (no signal, wrong singal, intermittent signal).

OP, I think this is what you want:
awesome i’ll try this method to check off some possibilities hopefully i’ll try to wash it and test if it just contamination. anyone else know anything about speed sensor keep on making comments i wanna hear out everyone!! thank you y’all
Old 03-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I recommend you invest in an OBD II Sensor or the Mini VCI to connect to your PC.

They're really cheap, and will let you scan the codes for any faults. With the OBD II you can run torque as well to let you monitor stuff with gauges/time your spirited driving runs.

With the Mini VCI you can scan for codes/reset codes and also unlock and customize some stuff on your car. Like disabling seat belt chimes, increase alarm volume, setting up TPMS etc.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
SamtheKorean
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
I recommend you invest in an OBD II Sensor or the Mini VCI to connect to your PC.

They're really cheap, and will let you scan the codes for any faults. With the OBD II you can run torque as well to let you monitor stuff with gauges/time your spirited driving runs.

With the Mini VCI you can scan for codes/reset codes and also unlock and customize some stuff on your car. Like disabling seat belt chimes, increase alarm volume, setting up TPMS etc.
i could invest in them but anyone know about the possibility of which part might be faulty after going over the curb? i’m trying to see if the sensor is faulty or the knuckle is faulty and not connecting the sensor right. what is the common problem after the curb damage?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
SamtheKorean
September

Hey guys an update on my brz, abs and traction lights were on for 2 days and as of tonight when i started my car after work both of those lights were gone..? it doesn’t make sense rn but only thing i can think of is there was a contamination (dirt/mud) on the wheel sensor ring and as i drive the car it got cleaned and started working again.