follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Swagelz

Drives: Hot lava frs (betzy)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple electrical issues

Hi everyone im having a couple of issues with my 13 frs maybe someone here can help me out.

First one: i had the trunk removed when i got the car painted and now the remote or switch don’t open it, i have to manually open it with the key. Yes I checked the lock switch inside the trunk still won’t work

Second: after the accident and repair/paint the tire pressure sensor stays on in my dash and idk how to reset it.

And final: last week my sound cut off, radio still works perfect but not sound, it happen while i was driving out of nowhere and i have no idea how to even start troubleshooting that.

I was told to do a factory system reset but I google and no luck on how to do that either

Please anything helps just comment what you think
Swagelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
Swagelz

Also none of my cig charging plugs dont work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #3
CraigVM

Drives: Car Collector
With the trunk issue do you ever hear the "clunk" sound when the actuator activates ? I imagine you checked to confirm you have proper pressure in all tires. Mine will come on if a tire drops to roughly 25 psi or lower. Did the repair involve having a wheel or tire replaced. A TPMS could have been damaged during the accident or damaged during improper tire installation. By "radio works but no sound" do you mean it powers up and display responds as expected but no sound? I would pull radio and check / reseat harness connections. I would also be checking for any blown fuses which could effect the trunk actuator and 12 volt outlet. I could see a fuse issue effecting the amp located in the back but I think you would still hear the dash speakers. What part of the vehicle took the damage from the accident ?
CraigVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:06 AM   #4
Swagelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVM View Post
With the trunk issue do you ever hear the "clunk" sound when the actuator activates ? I imagine you checked to confirm you have proper pressure in all tires. Mine will come on if a tire drops to roughly 25 psi or lower. Did the repair involve having a wheel or tire replaced. A TPMS could have been damaged during the accident or damaged during improper tire installation. By "radio works but no sound" do you mean it powers up and display responds as expected but no sound? I would pull radio and check / reseat harness connections. I would also be checking for any blown fuses which could effect the trunk actuator and 12 volt outlet. I could see a fuse issue effecting the amp located in the back but I think you would still hear the dash speakers. What part of the vehicle took the damage from the accident ?

-Trunk is completely dead no sound or reaction
-Yes tire and wheel were fix/replaced after the accident
-yes my guess is that the tpms is damaged
-radio works everything is functional but i get no sound from any speakers, i did some research earlier and found that the amp is a piece of on this cars so i would take a guess and say thats probably the issue here
-for the radio i did check for fuses all seem to but good for the trunk i really haven’t look
-the car was hit on the driver quarter panel (end of the door to the beginning of the wheel well)

- do you know anything about the cigarettes lighters issue this cars have. Is there anyway to fix the. Or do i just replace them

Old 07-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #5
Swagelz

Couple electrical issues

[Picture removed]

Last edited by Swagelz; 07-16-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #6
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,619 Times in 18,982 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Sounds like some devices were left disconnected back there. That damage is right where the remote trunk lockout switch lives. I'll guess the left side tpms receiver is also unplugged or missing. Tire Pressure Warning Receiver Removal

Look in my sig line for the service manuals. Just have to dig in if you intend to DIY. I suggest taking it back to the people that did your work if you can.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
Swagelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Sounds like some devices were left disconnected back there. That damage is right where the remote trunk lockout switch lives. I'll guess the left side tpms receiver is also unplugged or missing. Tire Pressure Warning Receiver Removal

Look in my sig line for the service manuals. Just have to dig in if you intend to DIY. I suggest taking it back to the people that did your work if you can.

You make a good point ill will look into those plugs

Old 07-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #8
Swagelz

Update:

i chk everything today the only thing i got working is the trunk (after hrs of burning my head) apparently when they were working on the quarter panel it looks like they cut (you can tell by the factory tape having a slash cut) the grn wire on the trunk switch and it was really hard to tell cuz it was hidden by the plastic that protects the harness, i happen to find it by mistakenly pulling on it and the broken piece popping out.

Well i solder it and the trunk works, i am still working on the no sound problem everywhere i look it seen to be the amp so im probably just going to put an aftermarket one that i own after i get the harness adapter and see if that works

Old 07-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #9
CraigVM

Drives: Car Collector
Only way I can see it being the amp is if it is creating a direct short between the L&R speaker level line input wires. The L&R speaker level signal comes from the head unit then runs to the dash speakers first then back to the OEM amp which essentially grabs the bass portion of that signal - amplifies it - then feeds back to the door speakers. Should not be hard to simply unplug the connections on the amp then see if you get your dash speakers back. If not then perhaps the short is in the wiring near the amp which as you probably know is right where the worst of the body damage took place.
CraigVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #10
Swagelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVM View Post
Only way I can see it being the amp is if it is creating a direct short between the L&R speaker level line input wires. The L&R speaker level signal comes from the head unit then runs to the dash speakers first then back to the OEM amp which essentially grabs the bass portion of that signal - amplifies it - then feeds back to the door speakers. Should not be hard to simply unplug the connections on the amp then see if you get your dash speakers back. If not then perhaps the short is in the wiring near the amp which as you probably know is right where the worst of the body damage took place.

Yeah i dig a little more into it today to find out that the amp is for the door speakers so i should still get some type of sound but i dont. The funny thing is that the radio is working fine even the Bluetooth still connects and everything.

I friend of mine says that it might be the radio not sending out signal so it could be that the radio took a

Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #11
Swagelz

Update:

Radio is working again
So I friend suggested that it might be the rear speaker was sorting out where the accident was so i took the panels out and the speaker was full of metal on the magnet part so I unplugged it and guess what the radio works again

Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,619 Times in 18,982 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Your body guys were pretty weak on the details. :|

Well done!
Old 07-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #13