|
||||||
| Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2013 ARGENTO A/T
Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia, US
Posts: 346
Thanks: 150
Thanked 136 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Best option to sell a set of 3?
I have 3 Hankook v12s, punctured the other. I've moved on to Michelins but I don't really know how I can get anything out of the hankooks. Would it make sense to just buy a new Hankook and sell as a set? Would be spending ~ $90 just to get maybe 150 for the set if that. Tread is fine only used for about 7k miles.
Would anyone be looking for just 2? |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Location: Cottage Grove MN
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 162
Thanked 511 Times in 326 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
Deff not worth it to buy a new one to make it a set. What you can do is hope for someone else in your situation then you can have a set of 6 to sell. But in all likeliness just easier to throw a ridiculously cheap price on them and hope someone has the same tires and wants some spares for autox or what have you.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Country Boy 4 Life
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 5,228
Thanks: 6,719
Thanked 5,293 Times in 2,720 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
|
I feel that it can beneficial to sell something complete. Sometimes this means spending a little.
I put a used set of tires that cost me $175 on my stock FR-S wheels and then sold them for $600. Previous to this; I had just the wheels listed for $400 and received no offers.
__________________
I LIKE TIRES! |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2013 ARGENTO A/T
Location: Hampton Roads, Virginia, US
Posts: 346
Thanks: 150
Thanked 136 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Thanks for the inputs. I have heard that it's much easier to sell wheels and tires than just the tires alone.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Location: Rockland county, NY
Posts: 1,431
Thanks: 186
Thanked 776 Times in 446 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
Someone might buy 2 and you make a tire swing out of the third.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Help! Best option to fix this? | timmydatooth | Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) | 11 | 04-04-2017 02:33 PM |
| brz lip kit option | Davesta619 | Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) | 4 | 06-12-2016 11:46 PM |
| Which is the best FI option? | gt8613 | Forced Induction | 20 | 01-03-2014 01:21 PM |
| New F/I option | SnapOv3st3r | Forced Induction | 41 | 03-24-2013 09:44 PM |
| Considering this as another option 2011 WRX | Draco233 | Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions | 5 | 04-01-2012 10:01 PM |