follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #57
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
@Adeets

Are you looking for a Visconti stage 1+ dyno? The only one I've seen is skatery's used with E85.

There are a few Visconti stage 1 dynos floating around. including the one on his sale thread.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #58
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
I don't want to start another vendor war in here, so lets keep it to a minimal. But this is making me even more nervous having him tune my car. I tried to get a refund and was denied, I know another local who did a charge back ugh. I want to use another tuner that I can actually trust! I started searching and i found this guy's dyno. And I swear i saw more but maybe not?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=71
There's no reason to fear @Visconti, he reminds me of a fanuc robot, as long as you follow his rules, and give him plenty of time to do any change you request, I'm sure you would be pretty surprised, there is a new FAQ in his vortech blowout sale, if you follow it step by step, I'm sure you will be satisfied. Side note when dealing with a fanuc, it's not about what you want it to do, it's about finding out what it wants to do.

I'm sure visconti does great work, it's just we didn't see eye to eye and that's why I didn't go with him. It's more of an availibity issue over a doubt in his tunes.

So he's flat lining ish as well... Hmmmm strange and jagged.

Fucking dip.

Also dyno dynamics I thought were known for giving higher numbers then all others, due to the lack of wheels... Am I incorrect in thinking mustang < dyno jets (American standard) < dyno dynamics?

Last edited by Adeets; 06-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #59
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
BTW this is all done with WAWA 92 pump gas.

From what me and mike saw, it needs it, if you want to use all the air suppled by the stock blower you need to make the DI and port system 100% duty cycle and then some. What were seeing with the flat liners is them trying to stay at 90-95% duty cycle, with mikes tune there is 0 knock and 0 knock correction.

I'm hoping that with the fuel pump/injectors I can make my HP/tq plot line straight and that should hopefully get me to around 270 whp on stock blower.

In the end this is all speculation until I can provide a dyno with the new pump/injectors, but I'm wondering why no other tuners are running into this.

(Upgrade is set to the 10th, and Dynos will follow shortly, have to remember that there's butt dyno tuning to get the AFR correct then after that there's dyno tuning to make the power.)

Due note that my kit is a visconti stg1+ kit so the fuel pump injector combo came with my kit, I just went with another tuner due to issues between me and @Visconti, since I don't believe anyone has dyno'd one of his kits he may, since there's no proof to see otherwise, ran into this issue and that's why he supplied the pump/injectors. If anyone finds a visconti vortech dyno I would LOVE to see it. (Please post with an @Adeets)

Keeping @2forme in the loop.
If you have the stage 1+ kit, are you using the stock sized pulley or the smaller sized pulley?

@Visconti can you comment if we need to consider upgrading the fuel system on just the stage 1 (stock pulley) vortech setup? Thanks!
pheoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #60
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
If you have the stage 1+ kit, are you using the stock sized pulley or the smaller sized pulley?

@Visconti can you comment if we need to consider upgrading the fuel system on just the stage 1 (stock pulley) vortech setup? Thanks!
Stg1+ is stock pully, 8.5 psi at redline (7400)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
Adeets
OEDC

Are there any turbos running 8.5 psi, after pump/injectors/tune I'd like to compare it to an 8.5 psi turbo on pump gas to see how much the supercharger actually loses from being on the crank.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #62
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Stg1+ is stock pully, 8.5 psi at redline (7400)
Stage 1+ came with the smaller pulley, fuel pump, injectors, and 3 bar map sensor according to Visconti's market place thread that is why I'm confused.
pheoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #63
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Stage 1+ came with the smaller pulley, fuel pump, injectors, and 3 bar map sensor according to Visconti's market place thread that is why I'm confused.
As someone who bought it, negative, no smaller pully came with the system. During tuning I was reading between 8.2 and 8.4 at the redline except for 1 run at 8.7 but that was at 7700
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #64
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
As someone who bought it, negative, no smaller pully came with the system. During tuning I was reading between 8.2 and 8.4 at the redline except for 1 run at 8.7 but that was at 7700
It was supposed to come with one. I have pm's from visconti about pricing for the pulley outside of the kit. He had a custom pulley (i think it was the one from the old kit) that pushed something like 12psi or so? It was ideally for high octane / e85. It was supposed to ship with your ecutek kit.

This is from a PM conversation between me and Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti

EcuTek w/ License is $xxx
Map Sensor $xxx
Forced Induction Tune $xxx

-----------------------------

Visconti-spec High Boost Pulley - $xxx
500cc Plug 'n Play Injectors - $xxx
290LPH Fuel Pump - $xxx

Hope that helps
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #65
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
It was supposed to come with one. I have pm's from visconti about pricing for the pulley outside of the kit. He had a custom pulley (i think it was the one from the old kit) that pushed something like 12psi or so? It was ideally for high octane / e85. It was supposed to ship with your ecutek kit.

This is from a PM conversation between me and Visconti
Yeah if there's truth to that I'll question visconti, it would be another flaw I've found with him being overburdened, with him denying refunds for kits not shipped or shipped with wrong parts, or dongles not registered or tunes that are corrupted... He's like a walking poster board for a BBB case.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #66
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah if there's truth to that I'll question visconti, it would be another flaw I've found with him being overburdened, with him denying refunds for kits not shipped or shipped with wrong parts, or dongles not registered or tunes that are corrupted... He's like a walking poster board for a BBB case.
One of the reasons I did not chose him for my build was not for lack of experience it was just because I think they guy is buried. As the most visible tuner on here for the most part he also has the most work scheduled. That can mean two things, either you have to wait or he will be taking less time of tunes and customer service.

But I also don't like these bleeding edge tuners and tunes either. What sells for most people is higher HP dyno plots. There is a hell of a lot more to it than that.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #67
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Are there any turbos running 8.5 psi, after pump/injectors/tune I'd like to compare it to an 8.5 psi turbo on pump gas to see how much the supercharger actually loses from being on the crank.
IIRC, turbos run out of safe fueling on the stock setup after like 7psi.

I believe most kits around 8psi, were making north of 275.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
Adeets (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #68
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
IIRC, turbos run out of safe fueling on the stock setup after like 7psi.

I believe most kits around 8psi, were making north of 275.
So pretty much they are running into what I'm having issues with, to stay safe I stopped the tuning at 263, there's more in this kit, but I'm not ok with blowing my motor for another 15hp when I could fix the fueling then come back and try again.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #69
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So pretty much they are running into what I'm having issues with, to stay safe I stopped the tuning at 263, there's more in this kit, but I'm not ok with blowing my motor for another 15hp when I could fix the fueling then come back and try again.
I don't think you'd be able to match a turbo's output with a centri kit, psi for psi. They just aren't as efficient.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
SmsAlSuwaidi (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #70
Raven604

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
They're a lot better then they used to be that's for sure
Raven604 is offline   Reply With Quote