follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #127
bolecailey

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
While interested, I would wait and see on both the jackson kit and kraftwerks kit. The kraftwerk kits for the mx5 and s2000 sold while jackson was still with them seemed to shred a lot of belts and have idler pulley issues. I know kratwerks was working on improvements but last I saw people were still having belt and idler pulley problems.
bolecailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #128
gmsii

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Not to mention it says your Dynos were completed with a header and full exhaust. So shouldn't you post the header+full exhaust + tune vs your kit? Not doing so would be misleading.
1) even dynojets read different so really no point...easiest to just subtract base horsepower from end horsepower to find net hp gain
2) dont know why only the e85 graph was put up....don't know if it is misleading, but definitely an oversight by the marketing dept....we will make sure the 91+stock header+stock exhaust graph goes up on the site ASAP...thanks for pointing that out

again....anyone with a vortech should feel free to make an appointment to come by for a free dynotest
gmsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #129
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellout View Post
Correct. that's definitely the wrong map.

The correct map is here: http://www.rotrex.com/media/7df7470f...30%20Range_pdf
So it's still around 75,000 rpm to make 9psi but efficiency is at 70% soooo that means really there's no difference, wonder if someone can get there boost graph.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #130
gmsii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolecailey View Post
While interested, I would wait and see on both the jackson kit and kraftwerks kit. The kraftwerk kits for the mx5 and s2000 sold while jackson was still with them seemed to shred a lot of belts and have idler pulley issues. I know kratwerks was working on improvements but last I saw people were still having belt and idler pulley problems.
since the Jackson's left to start their own company, the group-a engineering team has worked tirelessly to improve designs and correct any previous issues. today kraftwerks kits are setting the standard in supercharging kit design both in terms of reliability and performance.

the BRZ kit is a milestone in the sense that it represents the first product overlap since the split. we invite everyone to compare the features and designs of the two kits. the end products reflect the differences in design & engineering capabilities and philosophies of the respective companies
The Following User Says Thank You to gmsii For This Useful Post:
bolecailey (10-08-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #131
Drift-Office

Drives: AE86 / FRS / FC3S / GC8 / S14 / R32
Thanked 1,431 Times in 372 Posts
Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
@Drift-Office - You down to do a tune on this Bob? I currently have EcuTek. Ready to start talking with you about best options for this track build.
I'm always down! Besides, I've already done a HKS setup with a header so this shouldn't be too much different calibration wise, sans the higher boost! Looking forward to taking care of your needs!

Cheers!

Bob @ Drift-Office, LLC
Drift-Office is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drift-Office For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #132
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsii View Post
checked out your link....that does not look like the compressor map for the c30-94
you can find it at rotrex.com under the technical section
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellout View Post
Correct. that's definitely the wrong map.

The correct map is here: http://www.rotrex.com/media/7df7470f...30%20Range_pdf

http://www.aaperf.com/docs/Rotrex_Te...Range_V4.0.pdf

This is what I used. It's the C30-94 on page 6. It looks like the same map to me, the other one is just colorized and scaled differently. Are they completely different?
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #133
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
http://www.aaperf.com/docs/Rotrex_Te...Range_V4.0.pdf

This is what I used. It's the C30-94 on page 6. It looks like the same map to me, the other one is just colorized and scaled differently. Are they completely different?
Yeah it's a 10% change in efficiency, and the plot sticks you in a different spot, make a line up from .221 k/g per sec, then make a line to the right for 1.88 pressure ratio. Map them both out on the 2 spread sheets and you can see how different it is.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #134
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Yeah it's a 10% change in efficiency, and the plot sticks you in a different spot, make a line up from .221 k/g per sec, then make a line to the right for 1.88 pressure ratio. Map them both out on the 2 spread sheets and you can see how different it is.
Okay, well they both look like official Rotrex documentation.

The colored one must be newer and more accurate since it's hosted on the Rotrex site.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #135
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
I've never had any type of FI on a car so sorry if this is an ignorant question. Is the part in this picture a blow off valve?

digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #136
Noob4Life
86 Noob

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I've never had any type of FI on a car so sorry if this is an ignorant question. Is the part in this picture a blow off valve?

Looks like the bov to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #137
Sellout
Mr. Cranky Pants

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Okay, well they both look like official Rotrex documentation.

The colored one must be newer and more accurate since it's hosted on the Rotrex site.
It's definitely scaled a little differently (higher PR on the Y axis. the X axis is the same, just worded differently), and definitely the same compressor (C30-94). The one I found doesn't include the part of the map that's outside of the charger's RPM limit, and the surge line is shaped differently. I wonder if they've changed the compressor housing design, or if they have a couple different housings that they use with that same compressor wheel. That could be the difference.
Sellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #138
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
1) even dynojets read different so really no point...easiest to just subtract base horsepower from end horsepower to find net hp gain
2) dont know why only the e85 graph was put up....don't know if it is misleading, but definitely an oversight by the marketing dept....we will make sure the 91+stock header+stock exhaust graph goes up on the site ASAP...thanks for pointing that out

again....anyone with a vortech should feel free to make an appointment to come by for a free dynotest
I have a flex fuel capable vortech but running a slightly smaller pulley.... The benefit being I am dyno tuned for both fuel types (Cali 91) and e85. Full stock exhaust and everything. Although I am in AZ. So if no one sets anything up we could work something out. Brandon knows who I am . I think I'm roughly 10psi at redline. Maybe 10.5? I'm not sure at your elevation. I would have to check my old logs and see if I have an atmospheric reading.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread

Last edited by nelsmar; 10-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #139
gmsii

Quote:

that is indeed a blow off valve. although the picture shows it as going to free-air, there is actually a hose that connect between the bov and the intake pipe. We did not connect them because the intake pipe we used is an FDM rapid prototype which is fragile compared to the actual production rotomolded material.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gmsii For This Useful Post:
B L U E S L A T E (10-06-2013), digital_assassin (10-05-2013), Turbowned (10-07-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #140
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Quote:
that is indeed a blow off valve. although the picture shows it as going to free-air, there is actually a hose that connect between the bov and the intake pipe. We did not connect them because the intake pipe we used is an FDM rapid prototype which is fragile compared to the actual production rotomolded material.
So it's actually a diverter valve, not a blowoff valve.

Last edited by ATL BRZ; 10-06-2013 at 09:44 AM.