follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #29
gt-jerome
Member
 
gt-jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: Honda Civic FK2 (1.8L ivtec 2007)
Location: France
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
Not that you can't, the question is if you want to spend so much for this car.
how much? 30.000 € maxi, i brought my civic 21.500 €, 4 years ago. Now i'd like to change for RWD at first! Then a recent car (because of i came from the civic and the inside is really futurist so i can't buy older)

Some japan carz or BMW 1 only are RWD so i don't have many choice...
gt-jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #30
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?
 
iff2mastamatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Drives: it like I stole it
Location: DC
Posts: 1,041
Thanks: 31
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think it will be around $26 for the Scion.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente
 
PAImportTuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: U Mad?
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt-jerome View Post
how much? 30.000 € maxi, i brought my civic 21.500 €, 4 years ago. Now i'd like to change for RWD at first! Then a recent car (because of i came from the civic and the inside is really futurist so i can't buy older)

Some japan carz or BMW 1 only are RWD so i don't have many choice...

We don't know how much it will be but from our guess and estimates of our current auto market in the US, ~$23,000 USD seems about the average depending what the car comes with. Since the Euro is more valuable It would only cost you around ~17.000 € but that's based on our USD estimated price, you might have to pay more upwards of ~21.000 € due to tax and importation which is still less than your Civic.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #32
NikostC
JDM Enthusiast
 
NikostC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: Scion tC
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The European version will likely cost 27,000 - 28,000 euro not 21,000 .... You guys forget that USA gets stuff for 40% cheaper! a base civic in europe is 19,000 euro. thats like 27,000 US dollars.
NikostC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #33
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente
 
PAImportTuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: U Mad?
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
I think it will be around $26 for the Scion.
I was saying originally around $23,749, but now that I'm thinking about it more and more, doing comparisons on the current offerings on the market. I just don't see how this car would fetch over $20,450 starting manual transmission.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
lancie
Senior Member
 
lancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: brz wrb
Location: italy
Posts: 1,161
Thanks: 23
Thanked 87 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
in Italy they say cost about 30000 euro....

Last edited by lancie; 05-24-2011 at 07:49 AM.
lancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #35
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?
 
iff2mastamatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Drives: it like I stole it
Location: DC
Posts: 1,041
Thanks: 31
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
I was saying originally around $23,749, but now that I'm thinking about it more and more, doing comparisons on the current offerings on the market. I just don't see how this car would fetch over $20,450 starting manual transmission.
I'm thinking more pessimistically so I can hopefully be surprised with a lower price. I think the FR-S will be at least a few thousand more than the tC to differentiate the two, but it will come down to specs and final looks in the end.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #36
lancie
Senior Member
 
lancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: brz wrb
Location: italy
Posts: 1,161
Thanks: 23
Thanked 87 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikostC View Post
The European version will likely cost 27,000 - 28,000 euro not 21,000 .... You guys forget that USA gets stuff for 40% cheaper! a base civic in europe is 19,000 euro. thats like 27,000 US dollars.
yeah....is correct... in italy hyundai genesis cost 29000 euro (2.0 turbo)


and...


now in italy gasoline prices is 1,55 euro/litre

Last edited by lancie; 05-24-2011 at 07:20 AM.
lancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #37
gt-jerome
Member
 
gt-jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: Honda Civic FK2 (1.8L ivtec 2007)
Location: France
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikostC View Post
The European version will likely cost 27,000 - 28,000 euro not 21,000 .... You guys forget that USA gets stuff for 40% cheaper! a base civic in europe is 19,000 euro. thats like 27,000 US dollars.

i think so

in europe, the price are often more expensive... because of somes taxes but especially because they don't want us to buy sport's cars Sport's cars means danger...

When i see how much cost a skyline in japan, or a shelby GT in USA, i'm disgusted... In France, we have nothing compared to

but the base price under 30.000 € seems possible... i hope
gt-jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #38
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente
 
PAImportTuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: U Mad?
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
I'm thinking more pessimistically so I can hopefully be surprised with a lower price. I think the FR-S will be at least a few thousand more than the tC to differentiate the two, but it will come down to specs and final looks in the end.
I was thinking the same thing, but the tC offers more feature standard. Panoramic roof, led side mirrors, 18s, more cargo space, seats 5. It has 180hp and 6spd, So really I can't think of the car being priced above $2k more than the tC. And now just the thought of it possibly being slower or barely edging a tC in the 1/4mile sickens me, let alone the price.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
lancie
Senior Member
 
lancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Drives: brz wrb
Location: italy
Posts: 1,161
Thanks: 23
Thanked 87 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt-jerome View Post
i think so

in europe, the price are often more expensive... because of somes taxes but especially because they don't want us to buy sport's cars Sport's cars means danger...

When i see how much cost a skyline in japan, or a shelby GT in USA, i'm disgusted... In France, we have nothing compared to

but the base price under 30.000 € seems possible... i hope
in usa with 10000euro there's a old corvette......in europe with 10000 euro there's a fiat panda...
lancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #40
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 21,084
Thanks: 7,758
Thanked 19,315 Times in 8,410 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Hm... price tag is something I don't have any info on (I wish, I do).

For US, I'm hoping starts from $21k~$22.5k & adding fun features and total around $24k~$26k... so I pray. LOL
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #41
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?
 
iff2mastamatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Drives: it like I stole it
Location: DC
Posts: 1,041
Thanks: 31
Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but the tC offers more feature standard. Panoramic roof, led side mirrors, 18s, more cargo space, seats 5. It has 180hp and 6spd, So really I can't think of the car being priced above $2k more than the tC. And now just the thought of it possibly being slower or barely edging a tC in the 1/4mile sickens me, let alone the price.
it doesn't make sense to pay more for less, but it's the same way for the accord/altima coupe compared to the sedan versions. It's about $1500 more for the coupes than the base model sedans of each.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #42
gt-jerome
Member
 
gt-jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: Honda Civic FK2 (1.8L ivtec 2007)
Location: France
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post

For US, I'm hoping starts from $21k~$22.5k & adding fun features and total around $24k~$26k... so I pray. LOL
thanks for your prayers
gt-jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota FT-86 Price Poll +1 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 173 02-11-2014 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.