follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2026, 06:27 PM   #1
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
I'm back....

Hey guys, I've still been lurking here since I sold my '13 BRZ track car back in December of 2024. Boy I miss that car....I thought getting rid of it was the right thing to do, didn't get to drive it as often as I wanted....the company I work for provides a track car for me to drive....

I was wrong....but what this time of not owning a twin gave me the time to do was save some money and work towards a dream, a dream I've had since early 2022. After 3 attempted purchases of this dream vehicle, I think I'll actually be finalizing and picking one up in the next 3-10 days, I'm like a kid before Christmas....what is it?

Well there are a lot of hints in this short post, including a small portion of a picture render, those who know me personally may already know, as soon as the money has been exchanged and it is officially mine I'll be posting here....

Glad to be back!

__________________
2023 GR Cup Car

Last edited by Opie; 08-17-2026 at 01:16 PM.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2026, 10:18 AM   #2
Teseo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: frs
Location: Gunsai
Posts: 4,960
Thanks: 7,502
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Same car but with premium interior compared with previous version and a little more torque,.maybe?
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2026, 04:32 PM   #3
new2subaru
Weight Weenie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,677
Thanks: 5,293
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
And...not quite as good looking?
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2026, 04:35 PM   #4
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Secret is out.....check out my new Member's Car Journal!
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2026, 02:00 AM   #5
Dirty Harry
Senior Member
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Drives: 2013 BRZ Satin White Pearl
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 649
Thanks: 599
Thanked 681 Times in 337 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Did you get the performance pack?
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2026, 03:56 PM   #6
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Did you get the performance pack?
Sorta...
Got a GR86Cup car
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2026, 08:47 PM   #7
Dirty Harry
Senior Member
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Drives: 2013 BRZ Satin White Pearl
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 649
Thanks: 599
Thanked 681 Times in 337 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Sorta...
Got a GR86Cup car
Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.

Unrelated topic, but has anyone noticed the “Thanks” button doesn’t seem to work anymore? I use Safari on the iPad and you hit the button and nothing seems to happen. Can’t view who’s thanked who etc. either.
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2026, 01:31 PM   #8
LancePower
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Drives: 2020 BRZ tS
Location: NJ
Posts: 514
Thanks: 99
Thanked 193 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.

Unrelated topic, but has anyone noticed the “Thanks” button doesn’t seem to work anymore? I use Safari on the iPad and you hit the button and nothing seems to happen. Can’t view who’s thanked who etc. either.

I noticed after you hit it, that it disappears.

So maybe only the person you "thanked" gets to see it now.
LancePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2026, 06:42 PM   #9
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.
Dedicated track toy that is also WRL / SCCA / NASA / Champcar and GR86 Cup eligible.....no street driving.
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 12:57 AM   #10
monkeybike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: 86
Location: Australia
Posts: 260
Thanks: 233
Thanked 237 Times in 124 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Might be back to an early girl too after getting rid of the GR86.
monkeybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 10:42 AM   #11
Opie
Senior Member
 
Opie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2023 Toyota GR 86 Cup
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,046 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybike View Post
Might be back to an early girl too after getting rid of the GR86.
While I love the look of the first gen...and absolutely miss mine, the cup is so much more fun!
__________________
2023 GR Cup Car
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
#thanks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I figure some here might enjoy my AE86 build (A lot of pics) Jeff Lange Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 104 09-06-2019 07:51 AM
WTB: Corsa Cat back, Borla Cat back, Borla Axel back Conlin Want-To-Buy Requests 0 01-10-2018 02:06 PM
I got my baby back baby back baby back!! Rachey's FR-S Northern California 7 06-25-2013 02:25 PM
I'm afraid the FT86 might be too inexpensive. BRZrkr Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 30 02-24-2010 02:45 PM
I might have a dilemma... NESW20 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 6 12-08-2009 09:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.