Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I'm back.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155887)

Opie 07-14-2026 06:27 PM

I'm back....
 
Hey guys, I've still been lurking here since I sold my '13 BRZ track car back in December of 2024. Boy I miss that car....I thought getting rid of it was the right thing to do, didn't get to drive it as often as I wanted....the company I work for provides a track car for me to drive....

I was wrong....but what this time of not owning a twin gave me the time to do was save some money and work towards a dream, a dream I've had since early 2022. After 3 attempted purchases of this dream vehicle, I think I'll actually be finalizing and picking one up in the next 3-10 days, I'm like a kid before Christmas....what is it?

Well there are a lot of hints in this short post, including a small portion of a picture render, those who know me personally may already know, as soon as the money has been exchanged and it is officially mine I'll be posting here....

Glad to be back!

https://chintrackdays.com/mark/will/peek.jpg

Teseo 07-16-2026 10:18 AM

Same car but with premium interior compared with previous version and a little more torque,.maybe?

new2subaru 07-16-2026 04:32 PM

And...not quite as good looking? :popcorn:

Opie 07-16-2026 04:35 PM

Secret is out.....check out my new Member's Car Journal!

Dirty Harry 07-17-2026 02:00 AM

Did you get the performance pack?

Opie 07-17-2026 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry (Post 3619425)
Did you get the performance pack?

Sorta...
Got a GR86Cup car

Dirty Harry 07-17-2026 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opie (Post 3619429)
Sorta...
Got a GR86Cup car

Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.

Unrelated topic, but has anyone noticed the “Thanks” button doesn’t seem to work anymore? I use Safari on the iPad and you hit the button and nothing seems to happen. Can’t view who’s thanked who etc. either.

LancePower 07-18-2026 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry (Post 3619430)
Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.

Unrelated topic, but has anyone noticed the “Thanks” button doesn’t seem to work anymore? I use Safari on the iPad and you hit the button and nothing seems to happen. Can’t view who’s thanked who etc. either.


I noticed after you hit it, that it disappears.

So maybe only the person you "thanked" gets to see it now.

Opie 07-19-2026 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry (Post 3619430)
Wow! OK, so I guess you’re not too concerned with street driving. Or do you just drive on the street anyway lol.

Dedicated track toy that is also WRL / SCCA / NASA / Champcar and GR86 Cup eligible.....no street driving.

monkeybike 08-03-2026 12:57 AM

Might be back to an early girl too after getting rid of the GR86.

Opie 08-03-2026 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybike (Post 3619501)
Might be back to an early girl too after getting rid of the GR86.

While I love the look of the first gen...and absolutely miss mine, the cup is so much more fun!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.