follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2023, 02:56 AM   #29
grippgoat
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Location: WA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Installed the TRD “aero stabilizer” today.
TIL that even exists. Now I want one.
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:56 AM   #30
grippgoat
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Location: WA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
What are your wheel center to fender heights?
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:46 PM   #31
Will_
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: '23 GR86 Neptune PMT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OMP ARS-R seat installed today. Need to make some minor adjustments but baseline setup feels nice. Used PCI seat/slider mount and a 2.2 ohm resistor from BradsHacks.com for seatbelt. All bolted up very nicely.

Also got some 255 V730s mounted on the 17x9.5 Apex VS5-RS wheels. Next track day is Buttonwillow this Saturday April 1st. Hoping to beat 86Drive Challenge street class record (I am one tenth off currently) in the morning then go sub 2 in the afternoon.
Attached Images
  
Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:46 PM   #32
Will_
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: '23 GR86 Neptune PMT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Track day at Buttonwillow yesterday. Day went pretty much exactly as I'd hope for minus the fact I lost my transponder (and apparently $500 if they can't find it) in the first session.

My plan was to do 1-2 sessions with my Champiro SX2s on to try and beat the Street class lap record in the 86Drive Challenge. I successfully completed that with a 2:01.66 and 2:01.67 in my first session. Below is the 2:01.67 lap which I liked more.



Having beat the record, I threw on the V730s for the second session to try and sub 2. On my second to last lap I finally achieved it, running 1:59.05. I was actually expecting to be able to go a bit faster, thought high 1:57 was doable, but the grip wasn't as strong as I expected. The conditions were a bit worse however as it had heated up significantly in the two hours between sessions.

My afternoon sessions were pretty relaxed, had a few 2:01s and took a friend out for a ride along. Car ran fantastic all day, although oil temps did reach 250+ a few times. I should probably throw on an oil cooler, but I am planning to take a bit of a break for the summer anyway so may hold off.
Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:29 PM   #33
Will_
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: '23 GR86 Neptune PMT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Here is the sub 2 lap. Car felt great with the V730s. The grip actually was a bit lower than I was expecting, but the sidewalls felt slightly softer and the car much less oversteer biased than with SX2s. I felt like I can drive this tire harder and it was easy to hold it at the limit through long sweepers.



I also love how these VS5-RS wheels look versus the ARC-8s. Great concavity with the width and +40 offset.
Attached Images
  
Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #34
Will_
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: '23 GR86 Neptune PMT
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Track day at Sonoma this weekend. Have a very good day, set what I believe is the current chassis record with a 1:51.796. Car ran fantastic. Overall a very good day.

Attached Images
 
Will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greg's Neptune 86 Greg_2086 Member's Car Journals 15 07-25-2024 06:50 PM
Neptune Blue GR86 Thread PrayForRain GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) 164 12-03-2022 05:52 PM
GR86 In R7 of the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup + GR86 coming to Grand Turismo Sport Blighty GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) 28 07-18-2021 03:38 PM
Angel's Dual Duty FR-S Build AngelGT86Racer Member's Car Journals 0 02-14-2019 03:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.