|
|
#43 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 20,177
Thanks: 39,818
Thanked 25,547 Times in 11,650 Posts
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
|
Add me to the list...
__________________
Olivia 05/03/2012 - 01/06/2024. 231,146 glorious miles.
Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark. What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk". |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2017
Drives: BRZ Yellow, Ranger, Evora, WCM S2K
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,712
Thanks: 354
Thanked 1,500 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
|
Red Trail 50 is the first motorocycle I ever had. Had a blast on it even when I upgraded to a Yamahas gt80, and then the YZ250. Wish I still had it! |
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
hey you, yeah you <3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Location: Monterey County, CA
Posts: 2,717
Thanks: 909
Thanked 1,262 Times in 810 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
|
Passing on my FRS to lil sister in 2 years. Looking to buy the Supra as soon as they release a 6spd manual. If not wrx.
I love Supra. Ugly face though.
__________________
Got my TRD wheels and TRD louvers. Thanks!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 1,302
Thanked 343 Times in 265 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
I had a '91 civic h/b for 17 years then a scion xa for 9 years then bought the FRS.
I will run the FRS to the ground before I buy another new car. Told myself this is the last car I'd buy. But if I ever have to buy another car it'll be 2nd hand Lexus sedan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
You will enjoy the WRX.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
The Gunshine State
Join Date: Aug 2016
Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,463
Thanks: 631
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
|
I doubt they'll produce it in a 6-sp, that's the only reason my mom didn't buy the new Z4, they dropped the manual trans model and bigger engine.
__________________
![]() Current DD: M235i |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
The Dictater
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
|
If a second generation came out, I'd go test drive it at the very least, and consider upgrading (if it we're actually an upgrade) Keeping mine as long as possible otherwise. I have other cars for functional purposes so no need to get rid of the toy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2016 Oceanic, "base" model
Location: Gardena, CA
Posts: 398
Thanks: 129
Thanked 179 Times in 128 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
Quote:
But then again, if Toyota comes out with a true second generation, after seeing the folly of their BMW co-production ways, with a newer, better chassis on top of a new Toyota drivetrain (with 3-pedal 6M/T, of course), then sign me up! Last edited by MrDinkleman; 02-28-2019 at 11:41 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Rust bucket enthusiast
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
|
I think just like the e36, I'll end up buying the highest mileage early production models I can find every time one of my cars rusts out. I wish a Scion trim came with heated seats...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 30,436
Thanks: 29,833
Thanked 32,866 Times in 16,849 Posts
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
|
Quote:
![]() It's not really vintage, it's just old. It happens to be more of a motorbike. 1970 Honda CT90 (Trail 90). Bullet proof bike. It survived me, my two sons and my daughter. - ![]() I paid $325 for it brand new in 1970. One like it - the real one, is buried behind Lord knows what in the basement. humfrz |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Nobody has any idea if the BMW venture was a "folly" yet. The things may fly off the shelf. They will not be making their own low run sports cars ever again. Those days are gone I am afraid.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: USA
Posts: 4,046
Thanks: 1,100
Thanked 5,620 Times in 2,267 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 | |
|
Feeling like thinking....
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: CNY
Posts: 1,664
Thanks: 1,664
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
|
Quote:
PM me if you're serious. I live just east of SYR. I love my FR-S and hadn't really thought of selling it, but I have too many cars and could be persuaded.
__________________
Drive like everyone's life around you depends on it...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
ProCrastinationConsultant
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Location: chicago-ish
Posts: 11,327
Thanks: 35,240
Thanked 13,677 Times in 6,782 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
|
i'm not interested in a new model. i'm not even interested in the '17 refresh. the mandatory reverse camera's in all newer cars means they all need screens, and screens suck. i also don't like the steering wheel controls.
my brz was totaled once, and i bought another while the ink was still wet on the insurance check. and i'd do it again if i had to. this car is the newest-oldest car i've had an interest in. except for certain things, it's a very analog car in the way it handles, something that is becoming increasingly difficult to find in newer vehicles. i've got $10 and a kitkat bar...
__________________
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Acura Precision Concept Previews A New Design Future For The Brand | gymratter | Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions | 14 | 11-16-2016 11:24 PM |
| Raise or stay? | Bongertz | Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing | 18 | 07-16-2014 04:12 AM |
| the needles stay lit up? | pr086 | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 11 | 11-29-2012 02:16 PM |
| Stay away from **** | Gixxersixxerman | User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments | 13 | 10-16-2012 06:08 PM |
| Should I stay or should I go? | mkiisupra | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 18 | 08-29-2012 02:41 PM |