follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
bslate3

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
There is a proposal to move the BRZ/ non TRD FRS to DS. The times that I have seen locally between these cars and the DS cars is pretty close. Except at Pro Solo events where the 2016+ WRX's absolutely crush everyone.

I'll probably just move up to STX next year. At least there I can get my ass kicked less lol.
bslate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #16
simpleisbest
Senior Citizen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMETR View Post
The bone stock FRS/BRZ can not compete with the so called PORT installed TRD springs and sway bar cars in autocross. I have sent in my letter to SEB to change the rules like many have done already. If you support this rule then send in your request for rule change at https://www.crbscca.com/index.php?page=submitLetter
A BRZ just won the DC Pro, dude....
simpleisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #17
TEAMETR

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleisbest View Post
A BRZ just won the DC Pro, dude....

Dude..big deal 9 cars entered not near the competition of drivers how often has a stock BRZ won? You're telling me a stock twin is as good as one that has the port installed TRD parts? These cars need to be split up.
TEAMETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #18
simpleisbest
Senior Citizen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Dude..big deal 9 cars entered not near the competition of drivers how often has a stock BRZ won? You're telling me a stock twin is as good as one that has the port installed TRD parts? These cars need to be split up.
If ProSolo results are not good enough for you, do you have any real back to back testing of cars with nationally competitive set-ups tested by the same driver or comparable drivers that back up your claim? If so, lets hear it!!

Other than the very simplistic reasoning of "MOAR IS BETTER", do you have any real data? How much stiffer are their springs vs the BRZ spring?

According to a local shop, which tossed them on a spring tester they seemed not much stiffer than stock. Which kinda makes sense considering Toyota still pairs them with the stock shocks with no change in standard warranty.

Go put the springs on a tester and tell us what you think? What hard data on the parts do you have other than whats in the brochure?

By your logic, though shouldn't the non-TRD FR-S then also be separated from the BRZ, as the BRZ has slightly stiffer springs?

You are apparently very opinionated about the subject.
Bring some hard data and lets see what you got!

I personally think that a BRZ with a decent shock/FSB package can be still be competitive with a good driver.
In the end, its the driver mod that wins out.

If you are looking for class balance, get out of Street Class. If you want just an overdog, get a Porsche GT3. If you want balanced competition with a spec car get a Honda CRX and go STS.
simpleisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simpleisbest For This Useful Post:
DaWorstPlaya (06-14-2016), Locust (06-13-2016), scirocco78 (06-13-2016), TMF (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #19
scirocco78

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleisbest View Post
If ProSolo results are not good enough for you, do you have any real back to back testing of cars with nationally competitive set-ups tested by the same driver or comparable drivers that back up your claim? If so, lets hear it!!

Other than the very simplistic reasoning of "MOAR IS BETTER", do you have any real data? How much stiffer are their springs vs the BRZ spring?

According to a local shop, which tossed them on a spring tester they seemed not much stiffer than stock. Which kinda makes sense considering Toyota still pairs them with the stock shocks with no change in standard warranty.

Go put the springs on a tester and tell us what you think? What hard data on the parts do you have other than whats in the brochure?

By your logic, though shouldn't the non-TRD FR-S then also be separated from the BRZ, as the BRZ has slightly stiffer springs?

You are apparently very opinionated about the subject.
Bring some hard data and lets see what you got!

I personally think that a BRZ with a decent shock/FSB package can be still be competitive with a good driver.
In the end, its the driver mod that wins out.

If you are looking for class balance, get out of Street Class. If you want just an overdog, get a Porsche GT3. If you want balanced competition with a spec car get a Honda CRX and go STS.
Scirocco78 likes this post
scirocco78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 PM   #20
CCJ

Drives: 2013 FR-S
What was the topic and intent of this thread again?
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #21
Biggins

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
...to make a second C-Street thread with bad and less information than the original? :dunno:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35855
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biggins For This Useful Post:
DaWorstPlaya (06-14-2016), renfield90 (06-14-2016), TrqlessWonder (06-14-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 04:56 PM   #22
Prmspen
Student Driver

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
I think the point is to consolidate the best information from the original thread, which is now over 300 pages long. Speaking from experience searching that thread for wheel/tire recommendations, I'd like to see a more concise thread.
Prmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #23
Twinz

Drives: 2016 FR-S MT, 2015 Scion FR-S AT,
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I used that thread to help me make an informed decision on my next autocross car. It's a rather large hay stack that can make finding a specific needle a bit tedious.

However, I think a sticky that gets updated/ edited well is a better solution than a new thread that could end up just being its own stack of hay.
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #24
Prmspen
Student Driver

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
I used that thread to help me make an informed decision on my next autocross car. It's a rather large hay stack that can make finding a specific needle a bit tedious.

However, I think a sticky that gets updated/ edited well is a better solution than a new thread that could end up just being its own stack of hay.
Agreed in principle. I'm not sure the update/edit is happening on the existing thread.
Prmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #25
solort

Drives: Series 10 FRS
Quote:
I have not seen any published spring rates for the TRD springs, but they do not feel any stiffer than stock, just lower. And I have found no need to run the rear TRD sway bar with my larger front bar. So I feel there would be a minimal "loss" of prep by switching back to stock springs and running DS. And my car has won (or trophyed 3rd) at 3 of 3 National Tours this year (just need to improve the driver some)...
solort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #26
TrqlessWonder

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post

Heh. Everyone just wants the answer in the back of the book. Perhaps a mod should make a sticky out of the other thread. But, given the other thread picked up roughly 100 pages a year, what makes you think a second thread doesn't pick up 10-15 pages a month of opinions and info across the whole spectrum of wisdom just like the other one?

TL;DR Breaking Bad isn't gonna make much sense if you just jump in on season 5. Sometimes you gotta binge watch to catch up.
#24 CS/CSR
TrqlessWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #27
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Don't start a new thread until you've combed the entire other thread and compiled all the information from it into one concise, sticky-worthy post. Otherwise what's the point? You're going to ask all the same questions a second time, get all the same answers (plus a little lip service) a second time, and by the end of it all you'll have another monster thread that you have to comb just to get info out of.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locust For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (07-05-2016)