follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #43
totopo

Drives: 370z
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Ahhh the usual pull numbers from random tests done with different drivers and different conditions gambit.

Carry on. I love watching bench races.
ahh, the ol' the data doesn't support me so it must be wrong gambit.

Both randy pobst, both best posted lap times. Try again.

what's next? qq'ing about tires when they are on comparable tires?

Why is it hard to believe the mustang is good at cornering?
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to totopo For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #44
spicyricecake

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Performance Package
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by totopo View Post

why are car enthusiasts so tribal? It's pathetic. Why can't you appreciate both cars? or all cars for that matter. Why does everyone these days want to feel like a special-snowflake of some in-group and to pretend they are special and better than everyone else.

I actually love the platform. I'd love to own a gt350 one day and v8 is amazing. But I think we are discussing the owners attitude here... I'm sure the same stuff is discussed over there about how "FRS/BRZ owners are so elitist even though their cars can't pass a camry LMAO"

it's a forum... you'll get those that just hate, those that criticize, and those that appreciate.

I think I'm on the appreciate but dislike the owners attitude section.
and I'm not sure about the sports car category... do you think the Mustang is a sports car? I've always thought sports cars had to be light and nimble with focus on HANDLING instead of POWER, but that line is blurred now that all modern cars come 3000lbs + with turbos/v8s/v6 supercharged making 300+ hp no problem.
spicyricecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:22 PM   #45
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
ahh, the ol' the data doesn't support me so it must be wrong gambit.
AHHHHH Please point out where I said any opinion on the Mustang. I do retract the driver part but it is still not the same conditions unless done within a reasonable close period. A track can be much faster or slower at different points in the same day much less totally different days.
My objection was to the use of results taken at different times and even if the same person under different conditions (maybe he had the sniffles one time). It is searching up random data that supports the claim and has no scientific validity to it at all. Bench racing from numbers taken at different times does not prove a thing.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #46
Tcoat

Quote:
why are car enthusiasts so tribal? It's pathetic. Why can't you appreciate both cars? or all cars for that matter. Why does everyone these days want to feel like a special-snowflake of some in-group and to pretend they are special and better than everyone else.
These days? This has been the way of the car world since there were more than two brands.
Why should I have to like something I don't just because it is a car? I do not like Mustangs and never have, also not a fan of Miatas and can not stand to even look at a BMW of any type. These could be the best cars in the world and it would not change my point of view. How is that somehow wrong?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #47
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not like the drivers of our cars are much better lol. Why is everyone on their high horses this eve.
raven1231 (04-06-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #48
totopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicyricecake View Post
I actually love the platform. I'd love to own a gt350 one day and v8 is amazing. But I think we are discussing the owners attitude here... I'm sure the same stuff is discussed over there about how "FRS/BRZ owners are so elitist even though their cars can't pass a camry LMAO"

it's a forum... you'll get those that just hate, those that criticize, and those that appreciate.

I think I'm on the appreciate but dislike the owners attitude section.
and I'm not sure about the sports car category... do you think the Mustang is a sports car? I've always thought sports cars had to be light and nimble with focus on HANDLING instead of POWER, but that line is blurred now that all modern cars come 3000lbs + with turbos/v8s/v6 supercharged making 300+ hp no problem.
I honestly couldn't give a shit what people want to call sports cars. What does it matter? is the m6 a sports car? I don't know, I don't care. To me, it's an m6.

It's all along a continum. from a minivan to a radical RXC. Who cares where people want to draw a line. Someone drives a mazdaspeed6 wants to say they drive a sports car? why should I care.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #49
totopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
AHHHHH Please point out where I said any opinion on the Mustang. I do retract the driver part but it is still not the same conditions unless done within a reasonable close period. A track can be much faster or slower at different points in the same day much less totally different days.
My objection was to the use of results taken at different times and even if the same person under different conditions (maybe he had the sniffles one time). It is searching up random data that supports the claim and has no scientific validity to it at all. Bench racing from numbers taken at different times does not prove a thing.
so we can never compare any cars?

So then can I say that:

"There exists stronger evidence that the mustang corners faster on road courses than the twins than the opposite"

So can I say that laughing at the idea of the mustang cornering well, as the previous posters were doing, is uninformed?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #50
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
Not like the drivers of our cars are much better lol.
That was sort of my point with the FRS/BRZ crash compilation on post#10!

I would have every bit as much contempt for a Twin owner pulling that crap in the vids on public roads as I would a Mustang owner.
olsonpg (04-05-2016), raven1231 (04-06-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #51
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
BRZ ~ Seiko

Mustang ~ Rolex

The stereotypical view of the owners and the discussion of merits are amazingly similar in these two worlds of product.

Last edited by krayzie; 04-05-2016 at 10:19 PM.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-06-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 10:27 PM   #52
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
An article came up on Jalopnik today and made me chuckle thinking about this thread. It's titled "Mustang Crashes Peeling Out Of Cars And Coffee For The Billionth Time":

http://jalopnik.com/mustang-crashes-...the-1769096289

I don't have an opinion on Mustang drivers (never really had any bad experiences with them and have probably seen more immature Twin drivers on the road personally). The timing and title of the Jalopnik article was funny though.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 PM   #53
Wired86

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ, Limited, MT, CBS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My thread has been hijacked. Lol. Carry on. I don't care. I honestly don't much care for mustangs or camaros either. I've always been a nimble/agile on its feet type of car guy for the most part. The BRZ fit that dream perfectly and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

That said, if I were to go muscle it would without a doubt be a 69' Chevelle SS. That car is a beauty.
@Tcoat haha. Same. I always hated BMW's they just bore me.
Wired86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wired86 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 12:21 AM   #54
rosol16
Not A Member

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I will take a challenger over either regardless if its weighs 1000 pounds more because GM has 27 million recalls but can't recall making 707 hp and I always wanted a car worth 1/5 of its value 4 years later. Not really relevant to this thread but to each there own. Just buy one car for each thing. You can never have too many cars
rosol16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:17 AM   #55
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
For me, it's disgust with posers who buy something they think is cool and then try to pretend it's something it isn't.
You mean all the FRS/BRZ owners who want 400HP and be unique and want to have everything covered under the factory warranty?

Yeah, I know those people.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
ajaxthebetter (04-06-2016), extrashaky (04-06-2016), NyC Zn6 (04-06-2016), raven1231 (04-06-2016), Tcoat (04-06-2016), totopo (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 04:25 AM   #56
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
If they liked driving, they would buy a driver's car. Even for those who track them, buying a noisy straight line car and spending tens of thousands to keep it from rolling over on a turn (or buying one already set up that way) doesn't give them a driver's car.
What exactly is a "drivers car" - I've always thought this was a stupid comment...

If you watch any real "driver" (Ken Block, the Stig, any WRC/Dakar competitor, Tanner Faust... racing drivers, etc) - they find a way to do awesome things with normal street cars.

I love driving and I used to thrash my little 1.4 Opel (Holden/GM) Astra to an inch of it's life. It has no power, hardly any handling, and didn't look good - yet I drifted, did 180/360 handbrake turns and generally heel-toed every time I need to down shift (cue massive increase in fuel consumption)! That was a drivers car... cos I loved driving it

It's just different strokes...

Sure - I personally like a car that can perform in corners and not just a straight line, but then people also buy tons of Harley's every year - so clearly there is a need to people to only go in a straight line (wait... maybe that's why they crash so often )
raven1231 (04-06-2016)