follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #29
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Does anyone here have an impression on how The Division (I wonder if the sequel will be called "The Multiplication") plays as single player?
From what I can gather, playing solo is going to be super tough. I solo'd the hospital on hard mode and it was incredibly difficult because there was no one else to draw fire while you moved between cover (especially the boss LMG fire). Also, I ran solo in the DZ and got my ass kicked from here to next wednesday.

Long story short: It's doable, but puts you at a sever disadvantage.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (02-04-2016), cdrazic93 (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #30
Vladimir Tutin

Drives: '13 Hot-Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
From what I can gather, playing solo is going to be super tough. I solo'd the hospital on hard mode and it was incredibly difficult because there was no one else to draw fire while you moved between cover (especially the boss LMG fire). Also, I ran solo in the DZ and got my ass kicked from here to next wednesday.

Long story short: It's doable, but puts you at a sever disadvantage.
DZ is hard but doable solo. You have to play it real smart and knowing you're surroundings is a must. I like to use the AI when I'm solo and being chased to my benefit.

Going rogue solo however, that's almost guaranteed suicide.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
Vladimir Tutin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vladimir Tutin For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (02-04-2016), Special_K (02-04-2016), Tectoniic (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #31
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Tutin View Post
DZ is hard but doable solo. You have to play it real smart and knowing you're surroundings is a must. I like to use the AI when I'm solo and being chased to my benefit.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
With both going rogue, or extracting in a hot zone with rogues around... You might as well just curl up in the fetal position, cry, and accept that soon you will be brutally executed.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #32
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
No the sequel will be called called The Long Division.
cdrazic93 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #33
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I honestly found the solo missions harder than solo DZ.

On the last day of the beta (don't ask me why i remember these exact numbers, my brain is weird like that) i was at 5,327 DPS, 6,198 Health, 1279 tech and my armor had me at 21.76 % firearm damage reduction. I had no problems 1v2 and in some cases 1v3. This was when practically everyone had the orange assault rifle as well. I was also running the scan and health abilities and always had 3 med kits on me at any given time. With the proper build I am looking forward to solo DZ as (brutally honest here) most of my friends were just not very good at the game and not well geared.

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #34
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
No the sequel will be called called The Long Division.
Maybe it will be bigger and more complex and be called "The Calculus"?
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #35
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
DZ is hard but doable solo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
With both going rogue, or extracting in a hot zone with rogues around... You might as well just curl up in the fetal position, cry, and accept that soon you will be brutally executed.
me and my buddy were playing around with trying solo rogue and dual rogue status'. there are ways to cheese it, definitely. atleast in the beta zones we were given.

There were a few spots where you could repel up to a back corner behind extraction zone 3 i think, in DZ2, where it was a coner no one could shoot you in, and it was too high for greneades. You could live out your rogue days in there lol.

I saw a few people actually got the super rare weapons that the DZ safehouse was selling, almost got there but ended with a few blues w/purple attachmentd & some purple chest/knee pads.

its definitely do able, as long as youve either pre scoped out your hiding spot, or are in a large group of 4-5+.
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #36
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
me and my buddy were playing around with trying solo rogue and dual rogue status'. there are ways to cheese it, definitely. atleast in the beta zones we were given.

There were a few spots where you could repel up to a back corner behind extraction zone 3 i think, in DZ2, where it was a coner no one could shoot you in, and it was too high for greneades. You could live out your rogue days in there lol.

I saw a few people actually got the super rare weapons that the DZ safehouse was selling, almost got there but ended with a few blues w/purple attachmentd & some purple chest/knee pads.

its definitely do able, as long as youve either pre scoped out your hiding spot, or are in a large group of 4-5+.
I know the spot you're talking about and in the full game people will be able to flank from the rear. Best bet when solo rogue is to move like a cheetah (run with you nade out it's faster lol)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #37
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
I know the spot you're talking about and in the full game people will be able to flank from the rear. Best bet when solo rogue is to move like a cheetah (run with you nade out it's faster lol)
That was one way to do it, the other way was to just run out of bounds. Then it would just teleport you back to the safehouse where you could wait out your timer. Neither option will be viable in the full release thank god.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (02-05-2016), fumanchu1 (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #38
Dawan
Le Ingenieur

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Aozora
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I heard from reviews the beta sucked, whats ft86's take on the beta and the game I have it preordered but the reviews are giving me every reason to return it.
Dawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #39
Vladimir Tutin

Drives: '13 Hot-Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawan View Post
I heard from reviews the beta sucked, whats ft86's take on the beta and the game I have it preordered but the reviews are giving me every reason to return it.
I liked it a lot, game has huge potential. A lot of content was not included in the beta so as to not spoiler / focus on certain elements. There are rumors(?) of an open beta later this month. This will be a day 1 buy for me for sure.
Vladimir Tutin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vladimir Tutin For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (02-05-2016), Special_K (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #40
cdrazic93
Junior

those who said the beta sucked probably didnt like games like Gears of War or they got killed every time they went into the DZ.
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdrazic93 For This Useful Post:
Special_K (02-05-2016), Tectoniic (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #41
cdrazic93
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
Maybe it will be bigger and more complex and be called "The Calculus"?
oh jesus god please no lmao
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #42
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
those who said the beta sucked probably didnt like games like Gears of War or they got killed every time they went into the DZ.
Gears is love, Gears is life

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tectoniic For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (03-15-2016)