follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #15
ducks

Drives: car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalon320 View Post
I'm in Internet Sales at Newburgh Toyota-Scion.. we are selling the FR-S at the Scion Pure Price.. not gouging or anything.. Please contact me directly if you are interested in ordering.. we delivered our first one just the other day.. so we want to order more.. Just an FYI.. there are issues with production allocation.. so it may take a little longer to get them in after awhile.. but if we can do it.. we will .. Let me know

Oh.. Also.. check us out on Dealerrater.com.. you will see we have pretty great reviews..
that's me! the buying experience was nice and smoother than expected. i paid msrp, doc fee, and taxes - nothing extra. even though i live 50 miles away in nj, the service and lack of markup made the trip well worth it. buy your car here! especially if you live south, you'll have a fun drive home.
ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
stalon320

Drives: Scion FR-S coming 2013!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
that's me! the buying experience was nice and smoother than expected. i paid msrp, doc fee, and taxes - nothing extra. even though i live 50 miles away in nj, the service and lack of markup made the trip well worth it. buy your car here! especially if you live south, you'll have a fun drive home.

Hey! That was you?? Great! How you enjoying it??
stalon320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
stalon320

Drives: Scion FR-S coming 2013!
[QUOTE=stalon320;238207]that's me! the buying experience was nice and smoother than expected. i paid msrp, doc fee, and taxes - nothing extra. even though i live 50 miles away in nj, the service and lack of markup made the trip well worth it. buy your car here! especially if you live south, you'll have a fun drive home.

How is your car? It was really awesome to be a small part of your experience. I love cars! and when i see someone get a car they want , or dream about.. well it makes me really happy. I've been in your shoes many time myself over the years.. and I have never forgotten that feeling. Good luck w/her!
stalon320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalon320 View Post
I have a question.. we are thinking of doing a Scion Car show in August.. wanted to know if anyone would be interested and would come to the New Windsor/Newburgh Area..
Would BRZs be allowed?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpboss View Post
Hi guys: I want to know if any of you guys got your BRz for MSRP price around the tri state area.

Koeppel Subaru (Queens) did not honor the purchase order for MSRP. Least they can do was to give me advance notice instead of me waiting for 2 months and then giving me the bad news.

This is ridiculous.
Yea they're jokers. The "performance car expert" was a pompous ars. I work down the block from them but decided to drive 2+ hours away for an honest dealer in PA. Does that tell you something? Lol.

Congrats on the new car!!
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilGH View Post
NEVER pay above MSRP for any car they make more than 25 of.

Ever.

(Unless you hate money.)
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
threefour

Drives: Subaru Forrester
Just putting in a good word for Wayne Subaru in NJ. I bought my Forrester there even though it's 30 minutes away and I have another Subaru dealership I dislike about 5 minutes away. Wayne is family-owned and has been around for like 30 years and it shows. They even have an "Internet salesperson" that is comfortable communicating and making more of the sale via email.
threefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Both Mid-Hudson Subaru and Ruge's Subaru in Dutchess County NY are excellent dealers. I recommend both!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #87 View Post
I believe Milea Subaru in the Bronx has a BRZ on their lot for MSRP. Silver Premium Manual.
I sat in it today. Mind blown Never even seen one in person before.

It's silver though... not my favorite color.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
chadz

Drives: 2013 brz limited
For people in Morris County, check out Paul Miller Subaru in Parsippany. Dealt with Charles and had a great buying experience. I got lucky really. I called around and wanted to just see the car. They had one that just arrived for their showroom. Came over and checked out the car. Put a down payment and got it the next day. Traded in my Evo 9 and financed thru my bank. No extras no markup and got it for msrp.
chadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
I sat in it today. Mind blown Never even seen one in person before.

It's silver though... not my favorite color.
I got silver because I don't want to deal with scratches with my planned long ownership. If I could get black that wouldn't scratch I would be on it in a heartbeat

They are charging MSRP still over there?
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #26
engee

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Got mine from Liberty Subaru. They were great during the whole preorder process and kept me in the loop when they got info. They still have 3 on the lot: 2 WRB and 1 silver. I paid MSRP.
engee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #87 View Post
I got silver because I don't want to deal with scratches with my planned long ownership. If I could get black that wouldn't scratch I would be on it in a heartbeat

They are charging MSRP still over there?
Yep, $26500; we asked about monthly payments and he told us with 5K deposit ~$450 a month for 63 months.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #28
hyper4mance

Drives: 13 BRZ, 97 e36 M3 Rides: '07 600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I got mine from Subaru of Morristown $800 over invoice, so basically adding the homelink mirror and other things very small it came to the same as MSRP. Keep in mind my friend Mike went with me and he referred a friend or two who purchased from there, so more than likely they will only offer MSRP without any ties. Either way, the sales Rep Alex Hurtado was friendly. No real issues during the process, just a lot of waiting as many of you already know. Before the car shipped he asked what options I wanted and were installed before I picked it up (assuming from the factory for the mirror). I don't know what rates they were offering since I did not finance.
I did go into the dealer 2/29 (day before pre-orders started) to put my deposit down and negotiated the price. I think it was so early and a referral customer that they gave that price. Overall no gripes of the process and dealer - but I do have that stupid airbag light as most other people do.
hyper4mance is offline   Reply With Quote