follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #603
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelocuas View Post
All 2013 FRS and BRZ has ECU issues. Car idle rough and stall and VSC and CHECK ENGINE light up. More than 200 cases repoted and Toyota DO NOT want to address this issue. Computer (ECU) must be replaced with the latest version. Everytime I have VSC and check engine I need to desconnect battery for 5 minutes and connected back again to get rid of the lights. Also keed the engine at 1000 RPM minimun otherwise will stall and check engine will light up again. Be carefull what dealers tells you, they want to replace OCVs, Camshaft Sensors, etc etc and want the owner to PAY!!!. No, the problem is the ECU. We need to force Toyota to issue a recall. Or collect signature from all the 200 cases and issue a Class Action Lawsuit.
The major problem created by a CHECK ENGINE LIGHT in this car, is that the computer will cut the power by 50%, otherwise I will keep driving the car will all LIGHTS ON.
Dude! Don't mean to be rude but I am sure you will find me so anyway so oh well.
I get you are new and these threads are new to you but why the heck do you feel the need to go through and resurrect dead threads just to say what has already been said a dozen times?
This is what 5, 6 so far? They died a month ago and your jumping in to give advice to resolved items is meaningless.
If you have a question on the subject great resurrect away but otherwise it is just annoying as hell. There are loads of active or at least recent threads to participate in.
Sorry had to get that off my chest!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:46 AM   #604
pepelocuas

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not to worry. Is not anoying and I am glad you have it off your cheast, could be bad for your health. Yes, I am new to this forum, but if this subject was treated before I couldn't find an intelligent solution. To the other answer about reading CEL codes. Yes I did and for what I read in the forum are always same ones. Dealer tells that OCV and Camshaft sensors need to be replaced. But the reason I wrote here is: ECU is the problem and How Can I Get Toyota to approve the change since there is no recall for it and probably never will. Is not fun to drive the car and all of the sudden idle rough, stall and VSC + Check engine light up. Then I need to desconnect the battery wait 5 minutes, put it back in and vuala, got the power again.
pepelocuas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #605
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelocuas View Post
Not to worry. Is not anoying and I am glad you have it off your cheast, could be bad for your health. Yes, I am new to this forum, but if this subject was treated before I couldn't find an intelligent solution. To the other answer about reading CEL codes. Yes I did and for what I read in the forum are always same ones. Dealer tells that OCV and Camshaft sensors need to be replaced. But the reason I wrote here is: ECU is the problem and How Can I Get Toyota to approve the change since there is no recall for it and probably never will. Is not fun to drive the car and all of the sudden idle rough, stall and VSC + Check engine light up. Then I need to desconnect the battery wait 5 minutes, put it back in and vuala, got the power again.
Each time this happens, call the dealer and tell them to send a towtruck.
Once you have done this a couple of times, they will either get the message (replace the ECU), or you can threaten to Lemon Law the car.
It takes three of the same (unresolved) maint. issues to declare the car a lemon.
If you had followed this practice up till now, you would have a case already.
Quit "fixing" the problem yourself.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote