follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #155
Kevstra

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Sport-tech 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hey Shiv!

Is there any plans for OFT to support a turbo system in the future! I love Openflash and the philosophy behind it, but generally prefer turbo systems (not trying to hijack this thread).

I'm half considering going Openflash + Vortech, but would be 100% into getting a, let's say, OFT w/ an AVO system!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #156
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shif7i7down View Post
Sorry if I wasnt clear. What I want to know is, will you be offering free ots tunes and or support for different size pulleys
IIRC he said the maps wont be locked as these engines on FI are not as forgiving to user error so you would need to build your own map for higher boost levels. And from what I understand shiv did not test the higher pulleys (although I could be wrong). He was simply building a product for drop in use not a full upgrade path, if you wanting a custom setup you may need to contact him for a custom tune to match.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #157
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
shiv@vishnu

Any chance of having an OTS map for stock header or equal length header with the Vortech SC kit in the near future?

Thanks!
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #158
TiTAN

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Any updates on this or how we should handle OFT with FI? I will soon have an OFH and Innovate installed and would love to stay with OFT.

Last edited by TiTAN; 12-25-2014 at 03:11 AM.
TiTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:34 AM   #159
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTAN View Post
Any updates on this or how we should handle OFT with FI? I will so have an OFH and Innovate installed and would love to stay with OFT.
You'll need to find a tuner willing to work with the OFT.

Vishnu has free FI tunes out for Vortech v3 with standard pulley and carless header, Phantom ESC, and SBD Turbo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #160
TiTAN

The only tune I have seen is the one on the site for the Phantom. Any idea where I can find the others? The Vortech tune would make for a decent start.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #161
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
The only tune I have seen is the one on the site for the Phantom. Any idea where I can find the others? The Vortech tune would make for a decent start.
You'll have to email him requesting the tune, much like all the other "special" tunes. One can probably assume they are not on the site because there are not many people out there requesting these tunes and going through the hassle of building them for every single CalID would be a gigantic waste of time when he could just handle it on a case by case basis.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #162
TiTAN

Thanks Malt, I have sent the email about a week ago so hopefully I will have a response in the new year.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #163
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks Malt, I have sent the email about a week ago so hopefully I will have a response in the new year.
Which email did you send your request to? Typically speaking for general inquiries you often get faster results by sending your request to sales@openflashperformance.com because Shiv's inbox is most certainly flooded 99.9% of them time. Sending it there will get one of his several employees attention probably faster as Shiv spends a good portion of his day on the dyno or tuning cars. I'm sure you can imagine if he had to respond to every single email he got, he wouldn't have much time to do the tuning that we all love.

If you absolutely need to send your email to Shiv, make sure you include your forum name in the email so he knows what its in reference to. You can also tag him in your forum reply as a second means of notification like this @Shiv@Openflash

That being said, the vortech tune that currently exists may seem like a good starting place for an innovate tune but with my limited knowledge on tuning I can safely say that they would most certainly be VERY different tunes given the nature of the innovate kit and probably wouldn't be as good of a starting point as you may like to think. Also, I'm almost certain that the vortech tune that shiv has been giving out are in a .dev format instead of the .bin format, at least that was the case that I last heard. Be careful what you ask of him, we don't want another CJSporl fiasco here.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #164
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I definitely don't have any off the shelf tune for the innovate supercharger kit yet. In fact, I haven't even seen the kit in person at any of our local car meets. I would definitely put together a tune for one if I had a local car available to me.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #165
TiTAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
I definitely don't have any off the shelf tune for the innovate supercharger kit yet. In fact, I haven't even seen the kit in person at any of our local car meets. I would definitely put together a tune for one if I had a local car available to me.
Would it be possible to start with http://www.openflashtablet.com/Tunin...ing/index.html or is it best to find a local tuner? Would I be able to get my hands on the Vortech tune for starters? ZA1JA01D
Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 AM   #166
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Would it be possible to start with http://www.openflashtablet.com/Tunin...ing/index.html or is it best to find a local tuner? Would I be able to get my hands on the Vortech tune for starters? ZA1JA01D
The Vortech tune is not an appropriate baseline for the innovate kit. Listen to what people are telling you. If you want to use OFT with the innovate, find a tuner who is willing to use the OFT, but don't hold your breath as most FI tuners want to lock their tunes and not allow it to be read and copied by something like the OFT.

Otherwise, wait for someone local to Shiv with an innovate kit to show up and let him provide an open tune for everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #167
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgi View Post
@TiTANThe rest (Vortex and SBD turbo) they seem to be privy about and don't have available.
Several of us have requested and received the Vortech tune from Shiv. I didn't even purchase my kit from him and he still provided it since the only requirement is you own the OFT. It's even in open .bin format, as opposed to locked .dev
Old 12-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #168
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgi View Post
Thank you, so semi-privy (as on request for OFT users only).
Technically, that requirement is for all their tunes, they just happen to make the non-FI ones public on their website for anyone to download. I suspect they would email you the FI tune without actually confirming OFT ownership, since there have been many OFT's sold used and the subsequent owners are given the same privileges.