follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #589
Smoke Destructer

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've been having issues with really low advance multipliers since I went to the 93 octane 2.0 maps. For the first week or two it was fine, but lately I've been having values around 0.8. I just filled up today (always with 93 octane fuel) and I'm reading 0.63. At this point I'm starting to think something is seriously wrong. In the mean time I'm going to switch over to the 91 tunes I think. Anyone else having issues like this?
Smoke Destructer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #590
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Destructer View Post
I've been having issues with really low advance multipliers since I went to the 93 octane 2.0 maps. For the first week or two it was fine, but lately I've been having values around 0.8. I just filled up today (always with 93 octane fuel) and I'm reading 0.63. At this point I'm starting to think something is seriously wrong. In the mean time I'm going to switch over to the 91 tunes I think. Anyone else having issues like this?
It's normal for IAM to float around like that. Especially in the summer months in North Carolina But give the 91oct map a try. I really wanted to rename the maps to something other than "91oct" and "93oct" since it's perfectly fine for either to be used on either fuel depending on conditions. Best is to think of them at "standard" and "aggressive" instead.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #591
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinen View Post
This is very simple instruction to get the changes between ROMs.

1. Get the XML definitions

2. Compare the images

Now you can check which table has been changed.

3. Compare the tables

Open the changed tables of new ROM.
Compare the table against old ROM, then you'll get the cell differences.

4. Paste the tables
Open your ROM file and copy and paste changes.

You may need to get the A01X v1.5 already has the tables of A01C v1.5 to make comparison process simple. You can compare A01X v1.5 against A01C v2.0 if you know the difference between A01X v1.5 and A01C v1.5.

It is not very much difficult to make A01X images from A01C changes.
So what do you do with the missing tables?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #592
Smoke Destructer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
It's normal for IAM to float around like that. Especially in the summer months in North Carolina But give the 91oct map a try. I really wanted to rename the maps to something other than "91oct" and "93oct" since it's perfectly fine for either to be used on either fuel depending on conditions. Best is to think of them at "standard" and "aggressive" instead.
I guess I'll just keep an eye on it then. It just never seemed to bounce around so drastically like this on the 1.59 maps. It pretty much just stayed at 1 all the time. I'll give it a day or two to level out and then try the 91 maps if there's no improvement I guess.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #593
makinen

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
So what do you do with the missing tables?
Missing tables mean that there is no logic to utilize them in that specific cal ID. So leave them.
makinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to makinen For This Useful Post:
elBarto (08-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #594
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,522 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I've been getting about the same mileage as before, and the car feels great. Still has lame e-throttle lag, but that's certainly not the tune's fault. Throttle response once you're off the dead-zone is great! I don't have the issues that were mentioned before with bogging below 2K at WOT.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #595
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
I guess I'll just keep an eye on it then. It just never seemed to bounce around so drastically like this on the 1.59 maps. It pretty much just stayed at 1 all the time. I'll give it a day or two to level out and then try the 91 maps if there's no improvement I guess.
I had some minor issues with FLKC when I first flashed to the 2.0x maps when it was fairly hot 2-3 weeks ago. When it cooled off trims were almost perfect and no knock at all. Then it started to warm up again and I decided to try a different gas station. I had been filling up at the Shell at 55 and US1 but I went to costco in Raleigh and its been running perfectly ever since. Personally I think Motiva might of had a bad batch of gas shipped out and we all suffered. I can honestly say that my car has never ran better than it has over the past week. All trims are +- 2% and everything just feels smoother. Try a new gas station
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
Smoke Destructer (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #596
Smoke Destructer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
I had some minor issues with FLKC when I first flashed to the 2.0x maps when it was fairly hot 2-3 weeks ago. When it cooled off trims were almost perfect and no knock at all. Then it started to warm up again and I decided to try a different gas station. I had been filling up at the Shell at 55 and US1 but I went to costco in Raleigh and its been running perfectly ever since. Personally I think Motiva might of had a bad batch of gas shipped out and we all suffered. I can honestly say that my car has never ran better than it has over the past week. All trims are +- 2% and everything just feels smoother. Try a new gas station
I had been filling up at Costco, but that's become pretty inconvenient since I moved a couple weeks ago. Today I filled up at a Shell station on Western just before the 440 onramp. Was hoping for some improvement but no such luck as of yet. I'm probably just being overly paranoid and just need to give it some time/another fill up to settle out. In the meantime I'll just have the 91 maps loaded up on my OFT if I feel a pressing need to make the switch.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #597
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Stop at a Sunoco that sells 260GT and add two gallons to a tankful. Problem solved
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonystewart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #598
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,988 Times in 2,982 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
I had been filling up at Costco, but that's become pretty inconvenient since I moved a couple weeks ago. Today I filled up at a Shell station on Western just before the 440 onramp. Was hoping for some improvement but no such luck as of yet. I'm probably just being overly paranoid and just need to give it some time/another fill up to settle out. In the meantime I'll just have the 91 maps loaded up on my OFT if I feel a pressing need to make the switch.

Mate I would try some different brands of fuel, its amazing the difference in knock resistance of different brands even with supposedly the same octane rating. Another guy in canada found a different brand same rating , he went from -2 to -3 degrees of knock to none.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #599
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Mate I would try some different brands of fuel, its amazing the difference in knock resistance of different brands even with supposedly the same octane rating. Another guy in canada found a different brand same rating , he went from -2 to -3 degrees of knock to none.
That is true. I once fueled up with ARCO 91 gas out of necessity from my usual Shell 91. Huge difference. I think Costco gas is very similar if not the same gas. It's nice to save a few bux on gas, but this is not the car or engine you want to do that with.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solidONE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #600
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,988 Times in 2,982 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:

If your knock is temp related @Malt @Smoke Destructer have a look at making the Advance compensation tables for Intake Air Temperature a bit more aggressive. @Malt could be already onto this i think
Attached Images

steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Smoke Destructer (08-20-2014), solidONE (08-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #601
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I am trying to decide if I should spend a day making the v2 maps as Shiv hasn't released them for my rom yet. Do people generally feel there is enough improvement in the E85 and 91oct maps to warrant me spending the time?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #602
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
so you're saying you're running good on costco fuel? What octane? What kind of IAT are you seeing since fueling up at costco?
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote