follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Xbox One vs PS4
Xbox One 138 30.13%
PS4 283 61.79%
Undecided 56 12.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #953
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Already been confirmed that PS4 graphics = High PC settings, and I don't think I could support Ultra settings right now anyway.
I think this idea is lost on a lot of others. Just because "it looks better on PC" doesn't mean it will look better on MY PC.

This is what I got for watch dogs. Just barely over the minimum, nowhere near the Recommended, and not remotely close to the high end.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #954
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
I think this idea is lost on a lot of others. Just because "it looks better on PC" doesn't mean it will look better on MY PC.

This is what I got for watch dogs. Just barely over the minimum, nowhere near the Recommended, and not remotely close to the high end.
I believe you're correct, just PC doesn't instantly mean better. It actually introduces a metric fuckton of variables that could mean a bad experience.

The console's most powerful asset IMO is twofold: 1- identical hardware for everyone, and 2- they're plug and play. It just works, and it provides the exact experience to everyone that's intended by the devs. I went through an anti PC gaming phase about 6 years ago because of frequent hardware and system stability issues and everything I played was console.

However with my present PC, it does make a difference, hands down. But then again I'm an enthusiast whose been building and overclocking my own machines for over two decades. I have every appreciation for consoles, but sometimes I just want eye candy and customizability.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #955
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Funny thing about this. I got the exact same score, so I think it just loads a predetermined GIF depending on what it figures out you have. For the record, my build actually passes their recommended specs, but it doesn't detect an overclock on the CPU or GPU or unlocked shaders.

Still, it's a good baseline to give an idea of how something will run.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #956
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Funny thing about this. I got the exact same score, so I think it just loads a predetermined GIF depending on what it figures out you have. For the record, my build actually passes their recommended specs, but it doesn't detect an overclock on the CPU or GPU or unlocked shaders.

Still, it's a good baseline to give an idea of how something will run.
I'm rocking a 6 year old Core2Quad, but a few years ago added 4GB ram to make 8 total and got a mid range video card after my factory one was fried (nvidia GTX 550Ti). I'm sure I can't run it on much above absolute minimum settings.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #957
inertia

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
PS4 FTW
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #958
Ronin Sascha

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS, 97 Firebird Formula
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've had xbone since the release and I love it. Probably one of my favorite consoles to date. The added features are awesome. I'd like to get a ps4 but there aren't enough exclusives for me to drop that kind of cash yet. Unless you really like the ps4 games, xbox is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ronin Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #959
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Sascha View Post
I've had xbone since the release and I love it. Probably one of my favorite consoles to date. The added features are awesome. I'd like to get a ps4 but there aren't enough exclusives for me to drop that kind of cash yet. Unless you really like the ps4 games, xbox is the way to go.

To be honest, MLB 14 The Show almost got me to buy a PS4. Luckily, my roommate has it (and the game) so I can play it whenever they're not using it.

Otherwise, nothing exclusive to PS4 interests me whatsoever. My X1 still gets lots of love.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #960
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
To be honest, MLB 14 The Show almost got me to buy a PS4. Luckily, my roommate has it (and the game) so I can play it whenever they're not using it.

Otherwise, nothing exclusive to PS4 interests me whatsoever. My X1 still gets lots of love.
Ughhh.. I want The Show. The problem is I'm not a huge sports guy, and I'm always terrible at sports games. Even though I actually enjoy baseball video games, I'm just absolutely awful at them. But I've seen so many people in my situation say "BUY IT ANYWAY IT'S AWESOME!" and I haven't made myself do it.... yet.
I'm addicted to Trials Fusion at the moment though. I hadn't played past a demo of a Trials game in the past, and I finally got to the Extreme tracks and they are just maddeningly challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Sascha View Post

Wait, why would you say "unless you really like PS4 games," since the cross-platform games run better on the PS4? No hate for the Xbox One, it's just the facts. There aren't exactly a ton of Xbox exclusives out quite yet either.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #961
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
Ughhh.. I want The Show. The problem is I'm not a huge sports guy, and I'm always terrible at sports games. Even though I actually enjoy baseball video games, I'm just absolutely awful at them. But I've seen so many people in my situation say "BUY IT ANYWAY IT'S AWESOME!" and I haven't made myself do it.... yet.
I'm addicted to Trials Fusion at the moment though. I hadn't played past a demo of a Trials game in the past, and I finally got to the Extreme tracks and they are just maddeningly challenging.
I was never a baseball fan and generally hated sports games despite being a HUGE football fan myself. But the girlfriend is a life-long die-hard baseball and specifically Yankees fan, and over the months and years it's creeped into me as well. I've been to several games live, I know the lineups, I know player nuances, I know stadiums, and The Show is like a wet dream for all those things. Plus, on beginner mode it's super easy to pick up and play. Then with the more complex modes, fielding choices come into play and it's super satisfying to pull of a quick shot double play to 2nd and 1st.

So basically the only reason I'm exited about it is my new-found love of baseball. Otherwise, it's just another sports game.

Last edited by cfusionpm; 05-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #962
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Plus, on beginner mode it's super easy to pick up and play. Then with the more complex modes, fielding choices come into play and it's super satisfying to pull of a quick shot double play to 2nd and 1st.

So basically the only reason I'm exited about it is my new-found love of baseball. Otherwise, it's just another sports game.
So what you're saying is there's a "fucking noobs" option tailored specific to me and as I get better it gets deeper.. Hmmm.. Might be worth it then.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #963
cfusionpm

Garage
Quote:
So what you're saying is there's a "fucking noobs" option tailored specific to me and as I get better it gets deeper.. Hmmm.. Might be worth it then.
Noob option is simple timing tap batting, location choosing pitching, and auto-fielding. Later you can do things like influence direction of push/pull and estimated contact location for batting, and there's a pulse timer for accuracy on pitching. In full fielding mode, you have to run to the ball and make all appropriate throws, including to intermediary people (IE far left isn't going to make a throw to 1st, need to hit L1 to pass to nearest player, then O to throw to 1st). I still play on the second-to-easiest mode. :P

Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #964
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone else excited for E3?

Watching a livestream of the MS conference right now.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #965
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Anyone else excited for E3?

Watching a livestream of the MS conference right now.
I'm watching it a bit. Monday, so busy IT day for me.

Forza Horizon 2, anyone else catch that wide body FRS?

Can't believe this thread is still going a year later. Looking forward to tons of awesome stuff.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #966
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
So far not too impressed with the MS conference, nothing here I didn't already know about...
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote