follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #477
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep View Post
If you turn up the radio to a moderate level, you don't really here the whine anymore. Otherwise, it's pretty prominent when you only have a stock exhaust. Oh FYI, I got my car dyno tuned.

The XLR8 BR-Z has been dyno tuned! We just want to say thank you to John Visconti from Visconti Tuning for taking time out of his busy schedule to tune the vehicle. It was also a pleasure to finally meet you in person. We'd also like to thank MR Performance on Long Island for letting us make your shop noisy and smelly for a few hours.

Review:
The tune could not have come out better! I have already put about 150 miles on the car since the tune in a bunch of different driving situations, such as rush hour traffic, back road driving, open highway acceleration, late night straight aways and cold start driving this morning. The difference between the Vtune and the base map are night and day. The car drives better now than it did when it was stock. Power delivery is excellent. Torque is steady across the board and acceleration is silky smooth. The base map had torque spikes and lulls which made driving a little annoying and really took away from the experience of driving the car. I'm more than happy to say that drive-ability is 110% better than it ever was. Flooring the car is so much more satisfying and smoother than it was before. Although the base map did make more torque in certain areas, it wasn't as smooth, having a lot of ups and downs throughout the torque curve.

Now for the numbers and the stuff you guys really want to see! My BR-Z is stock and the best run we had was 261whp and 220wtq. Because he was building a tune and we weren't just doing dyno pulls the car got really heat soaked. The dyno graph I have shows 245 whp and about 210 wtq which was the lowest reading we received. Most of the runs were around 255whp and 218wtq. The tuning was done on a Mustang dynamometer which does read lower than most dyno's but I was more than happy with the power the car made. That's an average of about a 100whp over stock!

All in all, this is definitely the tune that I would recommend for this kit and I will continue to go back to, and recommend, John Visconti for all of my tuning needs. He knows exactly what he is doing and it truly does show in his efficiency and in the finished product.

Well, here's the graph and the link to the video!:

happen to show up in the middle of this car being tuned.. i only got to see 1 dyno pull but that car sounded like a beast on the dyno. Glad to see the car up and running strong. Good luck with the SC and your trip!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #478
ExcelerateRep

Drives: 2013 Crystal Black BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Spoilsport View Post
Glad you like your car, but that dyno has to be a mistake. This plot is pure twin screw. (Figures, video *sounds* like twin screw).
It's not a mistake. Kraftwerks kit and that's the dyno graph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
happen to show up in the middle of this car being tuned.. i only got to see 1 dyno pull but that car sounded like a beast on the dyno. Glad to see the car up and running strong. Good luck with the SC and your trip!
Thanks bud! It was nice meeting you! Good luck with the E85 kit!
ExcelerateRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #479
Ralph Spoilsport

Drives: 2013 BRZ, WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep View Post
It's not a mistake. Kraftwerks kit and that's the dyno graph.
Love to see a boost plot if you have one...

That's an amazing, flat WTQ plot. First time I've seen that done on a centrifugal SC.

Enjoy!!
Ralph Spoilsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #480
Zach3794

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Raven, Manual
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
How about a graph overlaid with a baseline pull? And also what octane was this on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.delicioustuning.com/node/209
Kraftwerks Supercharged
Zach3794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #481
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Spoilsport View Post
@mit_peid

It would be very helpful if someone (such as yourself, for instance) could drop a ruler on the flange of the oil filter mount and show us (i.e. with photo) how high above that flange the end of the pulley support bolt is.
Believe it or not, it was actually kind of difficult to get a decent shot with the tape measure. From the top of the stock oil filter pan to the top of the idler nut, it is about 1-10/16" (estimated).
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #482
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit_peid View Post
Believe it or not, it was actually kind of difficult to get a decent shot with the tape measure. From the top of the stock oil filter pan to the top of the idler nut, it is about 1-10/16" (estimated).
Can you get a picture from the exact top of the oil filter? So top down like a birds eye view?
post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #483
Ralph Spoilsport

Drives: 2013 BRZ, WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit_peid View Post
Excellent. I think the Forester XT oil cooler will work.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=194

Edit: Now I'm not so sure. I marked my oil filter 1-5/8 off the top of the rim of the filter mount, then marked a spare filter in the same place. What I discover is that the bolt is ~ 2.32" higher than the filter sealing gasket. That's 5.9 cm. These dimensions suggest it's pretty likely that the bolt is at the same height as the very widest part of the XT oil cooler (flange at the top) and interference is possible. Mit's photo does suggest that if one were to grind the bolt back to the nut that it's probable that it can be made to fit anyway. It's not a slam dunk.

Last edited by Ralph Spoilsport; 03-08-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Ralph Spoilsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #484
Zach3794

A couple points here. We can all agree that the base map is very rough, and isn't hard to beat from anyone's point of view. The updated Delicious map is getting at least 15whp and equivalent torque increase over the base map, as well as huge improvement in smoothness and drive-ability. Not only that, this was on 91. It looks to me like this was at least on 93 octane being it is in CT.

What concerns me is the lack of a baseline run. What do we have to compare to here?

In other news, as a bit of an update to you guys, I'm expecting to get back on the dyno next weekend, and iron out the E85 tune for all of you guys waiting for it, as well as a 93 tune of our own. Very excited to see the final numbers, as we hit 330whp (dynojet) last time with room to spare before we ran out of time.

Will keep you all updated!

Kraftwerks Supercharged
Old 03-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #485
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
A bit disappointed Delicious didn't get a better base map out to the people who bought the factory tuned kit. I can maybe understand leaving some HP on the table but not smoothing out drive-ability for a factory tune rushing it to market is not cool.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #486
Zach3794

Unfortunately, Bill wasn't the one rushing it, and I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraftwerks Supercharged
The Following User Says Thank You to Zach3794 For This Useful Post:
PRORICAN (03-07-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #487
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Kraftwerks Supercharger Owners Thread

I would think a tuner wouldn't let their name be stamped on something they weren't comfortable selling. Seems to me that he should clean up the tune for KW instead of trying to compete with the manufacturer that paid him to develop their tune. Maybe something happened behind the scenes but it seems odd how KW sells a Delicious tune and Bill is pedaling his own improved version
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digital_assassin For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #488
digital_assassin

It surprises me that if Bill isn't giving KW any support that they haven't just dumped his program and brought another tuner into the fold. I don't know how these things work in terms of money for the tunes but if there are any type of $ paid to Bill per canned tune sold with the kit then it's time to sever the cash flow.

I know Bill has a good reputation as a tuner but if a manufacturer hires you to mass produce for them you should deliver at the same level as you would for your own company. I make concessions all the time in my business just to keep the client (company paying me) happy and to make sure the next time they need something my company is the go to for expertise and quality.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #489
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I'm pretty sure the tuner kit tune wasn't only developed/fiddled with by William. The way KW made it sound when I spoke with them about it made it seem like they had extra hands in it. And obviously there's some sort of contract/obvious marketing in play that's likely set in stone. I'll leave it at that.

And also think you guys should ease up on putting the blame on delicious(William) or either party. Making assumptions without knowing either side of the story is pretty wreck less, gossiping like a bunch of women.

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OmarGC For This Useful Post:
Freeman (03-08-2014), PRORICAN (03-08-2014), protpibe (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #490
digital_assassin

I bought a kit without a tune so it doesn't affect me at all. It seems odd that people are buying a tune from KW by Delicious and then buying a tune from Delicious when they aren't happy. I haven't seen KW or DT elaborate on the dynamic but I just would have never thought there would be direct competition when a venture like this is formed. Something seems off, that's all I'm saying. I have zero experience with Bill. My experience with KW is that they always make it right.