follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #141
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioton32 View Post
I can do that... It still has some kinks I'm working out
Thats fine, I'm not worried about the bugs, more interested in seeing what it looks like on the phone and on the head unit.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #142
Chri5

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scion says no updates for 1st generation BeSpoke Radio

Hey all,

I just thought I would post this most recent reply I got from Scion regarding the 1st generation BeSpoke radio (first portion is the response I got and bottom portion is what I had written):

FR-S BeSpoke Stereo Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Lisa Prak)06/13/2013 02:52 PMHello XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Scion.

Scion does not have any plans to offer any system update for the BeSpoke Premium Audio System (PT546-18130) nor make it compatible with the iPhone 5.

If you have any further questions or comments, call us toll free at 1-866-70-SCION, Monday-Friday 5am-6pm PST and Saturdays 7am-4pm PST.

Thank you for your interest in Scion.

Lisa Prak
Scion Customer Experience

Customer By Web Form (XXXXXXXXXXX)06/11/2013 09:50 PMHello,

I am writing to ask for assistance with the FR-S BeSpoke car stereo (Toyota Part # PT546-18130). Is the BeSpoke stereo no longer being supported in terms of firmware or app updates? I have written previously about this same matter close to 8 months ago and would appreciate any assistance. Specifically, iPhone 5 support and improvements with navigation and Bluetooth music streaming would be very much appreciated.
Chri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #143
Chri5

Drives: FR-S
Pioneer Electronics Response to 1st Gen BeSpoke Assistance

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
With the OEM products, we have to refer you back to the dealer for assistance.
Please contact Scion or their corporate headquarters for assistance.

Sincerely,

Rocky
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 06/11/13
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Feature and Specification

Inquiry Type:Feature and Specification
lstPublishers:0002
lstTitles:A00002-Car Products-Visual Audio
Inquiry:Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me. Among the Scion FR-S community much unhappiness has come from the BeSpoke (1st gen) car head unit. Being that Pioneer is the manufacturer of this unit I am now turning to your company since Scion has been extremely slow in providing any firmware or functional updates to this unit. The model number of the BeSpoke car stereo is ADCP-W13U T10002. Is there any way at all that Pioneer can help out the owners of the FR-S BeSpoke car stereo? I realize it's a long shot but would appreciate any help you can provide.
Chri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #144
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
I've voiced my dissatisfaction a couple of times, but here are a couple more issues that are completely unacceptable... correct me if I am wrong.

- when you are using the Bespoke app for navigation, you can only listen to Scion internet radio stations

- The 3.5mm AUX input no longer functions for audio, rendering anything except a bluetooth connection impossible to use

- control buttons don't work well as they have to be hit dead center to function -- nearly impossible when you are driving
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #145
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdragonxb0i View Post
yeah i guess, The AUX and USB have to be plugged to be used.

I cant use straight AUX on any mp3 device
I was told AFTER upgrading, that with the BeSpoke upgrade the 3.5mm AUX input jack is converted to only a video circuit and audio will no longer work with it. So now that I have upgraded to an iPhone 5 with no analog video output, that little 3.5mm jack does absolutely nothing. It was really frustrating on my last road trip when I only had an iPod with me and couldn't listen to any music!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #146
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
Great thread for angry BeSpoke owners!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #147
Xdragonxb0i

Drives: ex500r
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven View Post
I was told AFTER upgrading, that with the BeSpoke upgrade the 3.5mm AUX input jack is converted to only a video circuit and audio will no longer work with it. So now that I have upgraded to an iPhone 5 with no analog video output, that little 3.5mm jack does absolutely nothing. It was really frustrating on my last road trip when I only had an iPod with me and couldn't listen to any music!!!
Darren i dont own an apple product and i find it was a just a PITA to keep an IPod charge and etc. I found it easier just to put all my music on a 8gb USB and just play it off from their. Its easy and quick to navigate through the Folders or through songs. also we dont have to reach around to grab an ipod its just less cluttered.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #148
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
My iPhone broke and all I had with me was an old MP3 player (it wasn't an iPod actually). It didn't have bluetooth and since my AUX input jack was no longer any good for audio, and since I had no CDs and there were no radio stations, I had to drive in silence.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #149
tech4pdx
Make love

Drives: H8R.. Not really
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I like the BeSpoke head unit, but not the BeSpoke feature. I did some research and found out that the Canadian FR-S has the exact head unit *without* BeSpoke. I bought it from a forum member and upgraded my base stereo. My AUX and USB inputs function as they should!

Maybe that helps somebody?
tech4pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #150
Jonoraven93

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
on the iphone 5 question, i use my iphone 5 hooked up to the aux port to listen to music all the time.

antenna is the same as far as i know. just a direct HU swap. honestly, it shouldnt take more than 20 mins to change out the radio if that.
Ok so I have an iPhone 5 as well, but I can't use the aux port? It doesn't let me. Or does that mean I have to use iTunes to use the aux port? Help I can use pandora but it seems so dumb sometimes like if I open YouTube and watch or listen to somethin and simply turn the volume knob the slightest bit YouTube shuts off and pandora turns back on... All because I can't use the aux port.
Jonoraven93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #151
jybrd

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Garage
My biggest complaint about BeSpoke is that my on screen nav doesnt work because I have Iphone5. I complained to the dealer over and over but they say there is nothing they can do. Maybe if I call this number they will just upgrade me to the new unit with Nav built in.
jybrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #152
Demiurge

Drives: Scion FR-S
I'm sorry to dig up the thread, but does anyone know if it's possible to hack the BeSpoke HU to display a Google Maps video feed or something? I understand the hardware is from Pioneer. Does anyone know any technical details on how the HU communicated with the BeSpoke app, what kind of a protocol it is? What kind of a processor is in the HU, is it possible to flash it with a different, Pioneer based firmware, or something like that? Anything????
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demiurge For This Useful Post:
FRS_KOTO (02-27-2014), ill86 (08-10-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #153
ralpho

Drives: scion frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Could you add siriusxm to this headunit???
ralpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #154
Garstang

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Can someone tell me where is would get a more in-depth manual for the touch screen stereo.
Garstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bespoke