follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #57
ryude

Drives: Volkswagen GTI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I'll give you guys a hint when buying a car....

1. Become a member of AAA or the NRA
2. Becoming a member of either one gives you access to vehicle price below MSRP.
3. Select the car you want and put your info
4. Sit back and wait for the dealers that work with the AAA or NRA to call you.
5. Keep in mind that they have to give you the car at whatever price is listed on the AAA and NRA website.

Scion doesn't offer any special pricing through either one. But to give you guys a few examples here are a couple of cars I've been looking at.
All of the cars listed below are manual 2012 models.

Genesis Coupe V6 R-Spec = $27,600(MSRP), $25,192(AAA price)
Mustang GT = $30,505(MSRP), $25,763(AAA price)
Mazdaspeed3 Touring = $24,795(MSRP), $22,827(AAA price)
WRX 5dr = $26,345(MSRP), $25,724(AAA Price)
The dealer doesn't have to give you that price, only participating dealers that AAA/USAA/NRA/etc have listed. For instance when I used usaa none of the VW dealerships near me would give me the price usaa quoted me.
ryude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #58
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll give you guys a hint when buying a car....

1. Become a member of AAA or the NRA
2. Becoming a member of either one gives you access to vehicle price below MSRP.
3. Select the car you want and put your info
4. Sit back and wait for the dealers that work with the AAA or NRA to call you.
5. Keep in mind that they have to give you the car at whatever price is listed on the AAA and NRA website.

Scion doesn't offer any special pricing through either one. But to give you guys a few examples here are a couple of cars I've been looking at.
All of the cars listed below are manual 2012 models.

Genesis Coupe V6 R-Spec = $27,600(MSRP), $25,192(AAA price)
Mustang GT = $30,505(MSRP), $25,763(AAA price)
Mazdaspeed3 Touring = $24,795(MSRP), $22,827(AAA price)
WRX 5dr = $26,345(MSRP), $25,724(AAA Price)
Some of those numbers are so far below invoice it even subtracts the dealer holdback. I doubt you'll get any for that price(particularly the Mustang and Genesis). Those prices leave literally nothing for the dealer to make profit on and defeats the purpose of even being in business. Why any dealer would honor those two is beyond me.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #59
Swancoat

Drives: E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryude View Post
The dealer doesn't have to give you that price, only participating dealers that AAA/USAA/NRA/etc have listed. For instance when I used usaa none of the VW dealerships near me would give me the price usaa quoted me.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he covered that in step 4.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #60
Mouse

Drives: Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
Some of those numbers are so far below invoice it even subtracts the dealer holdback. I doubt you'll get any for that price(particularly the Mustang and Genesis). Those prices leave literally nothing for the dealer to make profit on and defeats the purpose of even being in business. Why any dealer would honor those two is beyond me.
If the dealer calls you they are willing to sell the car at the advertised price you see on AAA and NRA websites. My sister just bought a Kia Soul using this. The salesman was pissed because the dealer had to honor the price and the guy made no money on it. What's funny is that the salesman was saying that there was no way she could get the Soul for that price. The salesman went to the manager and came back with a shit face cause he was wrong. Damn schmuck.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #61
TheMachine
Scion Sales Manager

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikostC View Post
Buying online charges you a 750 dollar destination fee, so its a bit more expensive than picking one up from the dealer
Also, interest can still be haggled.
For Scion: Interest can not be haggled... Destination is included in the msrp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkptd447 View Post
the destination fee is included in the sticker price at the dealer. you wont see a tc on the lot for $19,305
$19,305 is the MSRP of a manual transmission 2012 Scion tC with destination included. Model number 6223 incase anyone is interested...

Quote:
If the dealer calls you they are willing to sell the car at the advertised price you see on AAA and NRA websites. My sister just bought a Kia Soul using this. The salesman was pissed because the dealer had to honor the price and the guy made no money on it. What's funny is that the salesman was saying that there was no way she could get the Soul for that price. The salesman went to the manager and came back with a shit face cause he was wrong. Damn schmuck.
You call him a schmuck cause he was upset that he had to sit there and deal with you acting high and mighty with him and then only getting paid minimum wage on the deal... every person on this forum, INCLUDING YOU, would be pissed off... how would you feel if someone walked into your job and while you had to do the same amount of work as the next guy, you only got paid half as much to deal with him...
Old 12-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #62
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMachine View Post
You call him a schmuck cause he was upset that he had to sit there and deal with you acting high and mighty with him and then only getting paid minimum wage on the deal... every person on this forum, INCLUDING YOU, would be pissed off... how would you feel if someone walked into your job and while you had to do the same amount of work as the next guy, you only got paid half as much to deal with him...

You're asking for sympathy for a car salesman? Really?
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #63
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMachine View Post
If the customer had a valid price/sale/discount that I verified with my boss, then yes I would be ok with that. Cause that is good customer service, something that most car salesmen/women seem to lack these days. It isn't like the salesperson has every customer come in with this sort of deal.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #64
Swancoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
You're asking for sympathy for a car salesman? Really?
Dude, they're just trying to earn a living... It's not like they kill puppies or something.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #65
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swancoat View Post
Dude, they're just trying to earn a living... It's not like they kill puppies or something.

but don't they earn a living by trying to get customer to pay at much as possible

its not like a hard working "honest" job where you go in and they tell you that it cost them X amount but they mark it up this much and sell it to you.

For car sales man I don't really feel too bad for them, they don't really have to find customers since buying a car is something you do or don't
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #66
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
You're right. WE( not they) are just trying to earn the hard earned cash. I don't know why low brand saleman act like an a** in front of customers ( even Toyota dealer). Business is all about about customer service, even the customer didn't get the car from you, you can being like an a-hole in front of him/her.

I have good experience with Honda and Subie dealers. Very nice people there.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #67
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
You're right. WE( not they) are just trying to earn the hard earned cash. I don't know why low brand saleman act like an a** in front of customers ( even Toyota dealer). Business is all about about customer service, even the customer didn't get the car from you, you can being like an a-hole in front of him/her.

I have good experience with Honda and Subie dealers. Very nice people there.

So far I have found that Subie dealerships in Canada are full of assholes

Went in to see if I can get a test drive of a 2011 STi after booking a test drive online and was told they don't do test drives and if I want the car I have to buy it before I could drive it.

Good way to lose a customer for life
Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #68
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

You're probably right.

BTW, have you ever worked at a car dealership?

I thought not.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #69
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
So far I have found that Subie dealerships in Canada are full of assholes

Went in to see if I can get a test drive of a 2011 STi after booking a test drive online and was told they don't do test drives and if I want the car I have to buy it before I could drive it.

Good way to lose a customer for life
Of course. I mean general manager should control customer service better. we all know Lexus is number one in customer satisfaction, but there are still some Lexus dealer with full of a-holes too.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #70
Swancoat

Man, a lot of people here are pretty upset about a dealer trying to get you to pay more (no kidding, he works on commission). No one calls customers A-holes for trying to pay less and taking money out of THEIR pockets. Oh nooooo. that's ok.

When I buy something, I try to pay as little as possible. But I don't expect charity, and when someone sells something to me, I expect they're looking out for themselves too. Somewhere in between, a deal gets made.

Grow up you bunch of babies. If the mean old salesman is asking for too much money, go somewhere else. If he loses enough sales, he'll adjust his strategy.