|
||||||
| Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Thanks: 99
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
Motec -GT86 Interface
Hi all,
Some of you will have read my thread regarding the removal of the ABS and installing a bias pedal box. I have decided to go down this road, and would also like to remove all keyless entry crap fro my car. Has anyone done this? Will the M150 work without any CAN signals?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: 2013
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 186
Thanks: 3
Thanked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
|
Yes, I run my car like this however I do run a completely custom firmware that I have written. I can't confirm that you would be able to do it without a development license. Can you link your other thread I think I have a few things that could help you out on the braking side as well. I'm also selling my M150 PnP loom as I am building a custom harness currently and won't need it anymore if you're interested.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | ||
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '15 FRS
Location: Oregon
Posts: 221
Thanks: 8
Thanked 280 Times in 127 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Quote:
You would need a development license to run any of Carolina's custom firmware (or at the very least, an M150 with a matching license for Carolina's firmware). |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Thanks: 99
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
[QUOTE=VitViper;2369533]I'm running an M150 in our car as well, and you can certainly disable all the CAN information and it'll run the car just fine without any of the CAN information -- even the MoTeC provided package should be able to do it (you can disable all the CAN channels altogether if you want to).
QUOTE] I find this very interesting?? My dealer has shown me a mail from Motec that says it would be a problem? have you completely rewired your car then?? Do you still have DI, Cam timing and power steering?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | ||
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '15 FRS
Location: Oregon
Posts: 221
Thanks: 8
Thanked 280 Times in 127 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Quote:
I have a question for you, do they share the FT86 package when you pick up the developer license? I asked them and got no clear response. They have that package done well for the most part, I would love to add flex fuel support to it though... |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '15 FRS
Location: Oregon
Posts: 221
Thanks: 8
Thanked 280 Times in 127 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
|
That's good to know -- I wonder if they'll give me both the GPR and the FT86 projects, I have a few things going on that would be nice to have both as starting points.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '15 FRS
Location: Oregon
Posts: 221
Thanks: 8
Thanked 280 Times in 127 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: '14 GT86 project, '13 GT86 DD
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Thanks: 99
Thanked 263 Times in 100 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
So, has anyone actually removed the ABS system from the car and rewired the sensors and ripped out all the keyless entry crap with a Motec? Does the engine still operate as new and all other functions work OK?
If so, how did you do it please? You can take the module off the ABS unit and leave it connected to the loom, but you get an ABS and Engine light on the dash.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| MoTeC FT86 | Titanmotorsports | Software Tuning | 7 | 02-25-2021 02:11 PM |
| I'm thinking about going Motec for my turbo install... | diss7 | Forced Induction | 29 | 07-16-2014 03:21 AM |
| Motec M1 Plug N Play | FullBlown | Forced Induction | 89 | 05-09-2014 12:45 PM |
| Motec M150 Reviews | diss7 | Software Tuning | 2 | 03-04-2014 07:05 PM |
| MOTEC | coyote | Software Tuning | 16 | 02-09-2014 10:41 AM |