follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
Simon99

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Input needed from those with Valenti rear fog/reverse light

Hey y'all. Got my reverse fog this week and wired it up. Looks sick and everything, but there's one thing I don't get with it so i'm asking for feedback. During daytime, when you have DRLS on (or nothing at all) NOT INCLUDING PARKING LIGHTS and you tap the brakes, does the triangle section lights up ? I believe it should do so since, well, power is sent to the taillight to light up the brakes and since i tapped that wire for the brake well power should be transferred to my Valenti but it doesn't (my rear fog) do anything. Any clues ?
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Simon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Mine only flashes and is on when fogs are on or low beam/high beam.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
tiz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven) MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
1. DRLs on (nothing else) + push brake = triangle + light bar lights up (no flashing)
2. Low/high beams on (stalk on) = triangle + light bar lights up (triangle flashes)

At no point can you make it so that the valenti reverse light doesn't light up at all when you brake...If yours is doing that something is wrong
tiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
raytrix

Drives: Series 10 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB_Xy7swTc"]Valenti 4th Brake Light + Buddy Club Tail Lights FRS - YouTube[/ame]
raytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
Simon99

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz22 View Post
1. DRLs on (nothing else) + push brake = triangle + light bar lights up (no flashing)
2. Low/high beams on (stalk on) = triangle + light bar lights up (triangle flashes)

At no point can you make it so that the valenti reverse light doesn't light up at all when you brake...If yours is doing that something is wrong
After reading over the AU, I might think you could be wrong ... it seems that one wire-tap is for position lights (that's lights up the V and triangle) and the other tap is simply to induce a flash when power goes to the brakes. Knowing that, they technically shouldn't light up/flash if it's on daylight since there's nothing to power the V/triangle. .. just my guess though
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Simon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
raytrix

Drives: Series 10 FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have mine wired up where:

1. Nothing is on while DRL is on. The Triangle will flash and then remain solid when I step on the brakes.

2. When Driving lights/low beams is on, he "V" stays on with the driving lights/low beams. The Triangle will only flash and then remain solid when I step on the brakes, but will shut off as soon as I am off the brakes.
raytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Figo

Drives: Vortech Supercharged FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytrix View Post
I have mine wired up where:

1. Nothing is on while DRL is on. The Triangle will flash and then remain solid when I step on the brakes.

2. When Driving lights/low beams is on, he "V" stays on with the driving lights/low beams. The Triangle will only flash and then remain solid when I step on the brakes, but will shut off as soon as I am off the brakes.
Can you tell me how did you wire yours?

I would like my triangle light flash at brake at any time, which means no matter the headlight/taillight or indicator light are on or off.

I just order mine and read some other posts. It seems like during day time the triangle light just light up without flashing at brake.

( White Tiger ) - FiGo's 車誌.
Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
Sgtfluffy16

Drives: White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
any idea how this reverse light needs to be wired to use it as just a reverse light, and make the " V " light up with running lights but no triangle light (no fog or brake)? I already installed it and i think i will have to remove the lamp and take it apart. Its a real PITA to remove though since i have to take off my rear diffuser and pull muffler hangers just to get it out.
Sgtfluffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote