follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
BC-Boy

Drives: 2013 Brz sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
JDL Uel + Drift-Office tune + exhaust

Today Got in my JDL Uel as well as a E-Tune from Drift-Office, included in my package was a AVO inlet tube and dry filter
Header is good quality very nice welds, can't see any other header coming in close to the quality/price , possibly the HKS Boxer spec is higher quality but also 2400$
AVO Inlet tube is O.K , its what you would exspect from a 130 dollar silicone tube
AVO dry filter has more surface area by aprox 3/8in length-wise on top and bottom of filter element as compared to my K&N but i had to trim the lower right corner of the filter so it would fit as i couldnt get it too seat properly and close the lid, the filter element is much lighter than the K&N and light can be seen tru it easily
Drift-Office tune is amazing, Bob did a very good job at making this combo feel very "OEM" , the car before had -K&N dropin,invidia resonated fp , unichip, and greddy sp elite- the difference i saw from stock to those mods was light, the difference with the tune and headers is night and day, theres tons of low-end tq and the power feels strong from 2500rpm , feels like it used to from 4500rpm now from 2500rpm and take note this is my FIRST map for the E-Tune its only going to get better , Im hitting the dyno this week and running logs on there as well so i will be posting up dyno sheets and results shortly

Install was very easy for the header , i took the OEM off with both o2 sensors very easily without snagging put the jdl on with both sensors as well , i covered my oilpan and rad hose housing with 1700f thermal barrier which has a thin metal sheet backed with fiberglass and adhesive tape, the only issue is my headers lowest runner from the right bank ever so slightly touches the factory skid-plate, but i was planing on putting about 1/3 h inch worth of washers between my skidplate and body in the rear just to get some airflow and 1/4-1/8th in the front so this will solve this minimal issue.the silicone hose was a pain to install its very stiff(good thing) but that made it difficult(still love it , and the filter did need a slight trim in the lower right corner (minimal) for it to seat in smoothly. Flashing was easy .

Love this combo (jdl uel,invidia resonated frontpipe, greddy sp elite) exhaust is 0 drone 0 rasp very quiet at part throttle and idle but when WOT comes along shes loud not too loud but you can definetly hear it from inside , very pleased with the exhaust note the intake hose does make more induction noise as well sound clips to come as well as dyno sheets
BC-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BC-Boy For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
BC-Boy

Garage
PICS
Attached Images

umpadupa (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
umpadupa

Drives: 94 civic hatch, Whiteout frs
Looks sexy! Got mine tuned at Bobs too! awesome guy!

Quick question, where did you get ur thermal barrier i need something like that with the adhesive! but i cant find it anywhere!
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Looks great! Congrats !
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
you didn't need to trim the panel filter. one corner is different to locate properly in the airbox.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
IAmNotTheDriftKing

Drives: I own an FR-S. . . whatelse!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is the heat shielding really necessary? I know it is somewhat close to the radiator hoses, but I didn't think anything of it.
IAmNotTheDriftKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
BC-Boy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
Looks sexy! Got mine tuned at Bobs too! awesome guy!

Quick question, where did you get ur thermal barrier i need something like that with the adhesive! but i cant find it anywhere!
Its made from DEI auto products i get it from lordco here in BC, look for the floor and tunnel sheild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZerk View Post
you didn't need to trim the panel filter. one corner is different to locate properly in the airbox.
its the lower driverside corner that wouldnt fit, there was just a 1/8 cut missing for it to be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNotTheDriftKing View Post
Is the heat shielding really necessary? I know it is somewhat close to the radiator hoses, but I didn't think anything of it.
I dont know if its nessisary but im kinda OCD on stuff like that, im putting the same stuff inside of the tunnel longside of the frontpipe and i put some to block the heat from getting to cam position sensors on the passangerside head
BatStig (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
BC-Boy

Garage
3/4in gap between rad hose and bout 2 inchs from oil pan
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
BC-Boy

Garage
DYNO Time

Keep in mind this is the very first update i have gotten to my etune, the gas quality in my tank was very poor , i just switched to vpower 91 for the first time since chevron 94 which here in winter sits too long and becomes bad quality.Judging on logs the gas is equivilant to some good 90-91oct USA pumps.
i will post on youtube so you guys can hear the sound!
Attached Images

Tags
avo, drift-office, ecutek, jdl