follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Ironsquid
King of Kiwi Palace

Drives: Faster than you
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AVO Breather Tank, caution

I've been raised to never complain about an issue without providing a solution. So here's my review of the AVO Breather Tank.

Reason for purchase:
I have the FBM Stage 2 turbo and wanted a stealth/stock looking breather tank, nothing blingy. I also like that this kit supposedly re-routes oil back into the crankcase for those long track days.

Quality: 4.5/5
I really like the look of the "black box" style tank, fitment and mounting was great. I had to mark down a little due to using plastic npt fittings on the tank itself.

Install: 3/5
Firstly, the install guide itself leaves alot to be desired and geared toward AVO turbo owners. Breather tanks aren't that complicated but terminology and supplied items make it harder than it needs to be. Let alone I had to reverse engineer a product, that was built for my car, because of the next issue.

Packaging: 2/5
Ok. This is where I can't understand why, why, why would you put items in your packaging that you know doesn't fit? The supplied PCV replacement nozzle that goes into the head, doesn't fit, and they've known about it for a while. Not only that but they are slow to send out the part that does fit. Quality assurance failure. I shouldn't have to go to my local car parts store and buy items to "fix" your kit. Never mind that this kit isn't supposed to work with other turbo kits. Notes for this in the solution.

Solution:
Fix your quality assurance. Make sure you never send out the incorrect parts in your packaging, ever. In your product description, please add "Caution, the instructions and parts for this kit is tailored for the AVO Turbo kit, you will need to retrofit this for other turbo kits". Had I known that I would have to go buy a breather filter and heater hose npt adapter to fix your "mistake" I probably wouldn't have bought this. Please fix your instructions to make it more clear. I can tell it was a direct translation from another language.

Note for AVO should you read this. Breather tanks are simple, if you can't get it right then I probably won't buy any more AVO products or condone them to my friends. :sadface:
Old 02-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Draco_PR23
Fiebru

Drives: Scion FR-S and Integra Type R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I got the AVO Breather Tank along with the turbo kit, the block fitting doesn't fit .. I spoke with Paul and I'm just waiting to ship replacement.
2012 Spruce Mica Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
2000 Phoenix Yellow Acura Integra Type R
Draco_PR23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_PR23 For This Useful Post:
Ironsquid (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Ironsquid
King of Kiwi Palace

Drives: Faster than you
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
go to a parts store and grab yourself a 5/8 NTP heater hose adapter, screws right in. Youll need to get a section of 5/8 hose to go with it. Itll smoosh onto the t adapter for the pcv lines like less than 10 bucks
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
Draco_PR23
Fiebru

Drives: Scion FR-S and Integra Type R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironsquid View Post
go to a parts store and grab yourself a 5/8 NTP heater hose adapter, screws right in. Youll need to get a section of 5/8 hose to go with it. Itll smoosh onto the t adapter for the pcv lines like less than 10 bucks
Nice, will do that .. thanks!
2012 Spruce Mica Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
2000 Phoenix Yellow Acura Integra Type R
Draco_PR23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draco_PR23 For This Useful Post:
Ironsquid (02-17-2014)