follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Revworks UEL header + Nameless OP/DP combo

Does anyone have this setup, and if so, was there any fitment issues? I've heard rumors that it hits the frame on WOT. Does it rattle when it hits the frame?

My current set up is stock header, stock OP, catless frontpipe and Invidia N1. I am going to put the revworks header soon, but was concerned with rasp without a resonator/cat in the front pipe. I've seen videos with the Invidia N1 with Revworks UEL with the stock front pipe (Cat/Resonator) and 0 rasp.

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
MAPerformance

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZPDX View Post
Does anyone have this setup, and if so, was there any fitment issues? I've heard rumors that it hits the frame on WOT. Does it rattle when it hits the frame?

My current set up is stock header, stock OP, catless frontpipe and Invidia N1. I am going to put the revworks header soon, but was concerned with rasp without a resonator/cat in the front pipe. I've seen videos with the Invidia N1 with Revworks UEL with the stock front pipe (Cat/Resonator) and 0 rasp.
Im afraid you will get some rasp with that set up. I have the RevWorks UEL with a high flow catted Tsudo front pipe, and it sounds almost perfect. A little rasp when cold, but it goes away. Most catless setups are going to get some rasp. Here is a video of mine...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbndvIrWGys"]FRS Revworks UEL header, Tsudo header back exhaust - YouTube[/ame]
MAPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
dear god in heaven.
I have the nameless OP/downpipe into full exhaust coming soon. any day it should be here. I want to get headers to maximize performance but I am so scared of it being as loud as you just showed me!!
I have the catted downpipe, resonator and 5" mufflers.. I hope I can find a set of headers to get the power I want and keep it sounding reasonable.

the rev works UEL look so awesome but that 1 yr warranty is utter shit.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
@umpadupa

I believe he has this exact setup!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPerformance View Post
Im afraid you will get some rasp with that set up. I have the RevWorks UEL with a high flow catted Tsudo front pipe, and it sounds almost perfect. A little rasp when cold, but it goes away. Most catless setups are going to get some rasp. Here is a video of mine...

Sounds bad ass!

I've seen videos of Borla UEL headers with unresonated catless front pipes with the Invidia N1 and it doesn't sound raspy. I'm assuming the Borla/Revworks will have similar sounds.

The Invidia mid-pipe has a big resonator, and this muffler seems to have one of the lowest pitch exhaust notes in the market. I'm hoping this is enough to keep the rasp down, but I'll post some vids with various set ups once I install them. possible set-ups are:

Revworks UEL to ->

Invidia catless/unresonated front pipe
Stock front pipe
Nameless OP/DP catted

to ->
Invidia N1 2.5" exhaust.

I don't think the overpipe will make any difference regarding exhaust notes.

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
umpadupa

Drives: 94 civic hatch, Whiteout frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
@umpadupa

I believe he has this exact setup!
LOL thanks!

I do have that set up. I'm running rev headers, nameless with cat (no herz) and Perrin resonated cat back.
The N1 will prob make it rasp a little. I got one of the first revworks headers so they more have revised it. But my pipes are very very tight. Fully loosened and adjusted it's still rite by the sub frame. U need to unbolt the motor mount to get the nameless pipe in. After that u gotta try to get a good fitting gasket and adjust the pipes. My only clinks when I go over big bumps or when the engine moves.

MY set up isn't raspy because of the Perrin, however like I said; N1 will possibly give u a little rasp. Maybe go for the nameless with the hertz. I'll get a vid up soon. Been really busy with midterms
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote