follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
BRZ/FRS LAAS In-person Experience

I know everyone has their own opinions of what this car looks like in Hachi's photos.
(And because the General Forums now has one for each car.. but I'll post this on BRZ because... damn the car looked awesome in person)

If any of you get the opportunity to see the BRZ or even FRS in person at a convention center near by.. I say GO!

There is absolutely no words to describe how amazing it feels to be standing there looking at what you may or may not be driving in the upcoming year(s). You get to also hear the information from the spokesperson who might be giving out wrong information and have an urge to yell at them for saying anything above 25k.

Just thought I should share this with anyone who is still either.. undecided among the two or.. say whichever the two may 'suck'. Hell or even say something along the lines of.. "but Hachi already has photos up online."

Those who did go to the LAAS--what did you guys think? Did the BRZ molest your eyes? Or did it throw acid into them? FRS MKII concept did the same too?

(Waits for the forum to crash again when the TAS comes along.)

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My dumb butt went on the 17th when it wasn't open to the public :/... I am extremely discouraged to go now. I wish I could go to Detroit though in January. Honestly these threads don't help. This wait til TMS is killing me. I will have to fill the emptiness in my heart with Thanksgiving gravy and stuffing until the 30th to keep me happy. It seems like the concept would have been pretty neat in person! ^_^
nrclptcnsmniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
dalli

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes I have to agree.

I did not go to LA since im from NYC but I did go and see the red FRS mkII and I must say it was very beautiful... probably the best looking car i saw there and I am serious.

Hopefully the production version rapes my eyes as well.
dalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
I don't have any real desire to see a concept in person. However, I do want to see the production version, hence flying to the land of the snow in Jan :P
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Teaser Teaser.

;p

Was still awesome. Its like sex. For the eyes.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Teaser Teaser.

;p

Was still awesome. Its like sex. For the eyes.
Be sure to use protection.
Attached Images

Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I might wait and see it here in DC or go to Detroit in jan sad I did not make California,too expensive

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
BMWDAD

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i coupe
Last year I went to Detroit, and NYC for the shows. Detroit was great! No lines, lots of space, and very pleasant experience. Lots of adults who knew their cars.

NYC was crowded, lines to get into cars, lots of kids playing with the radio settings.
BMWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
dalli

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDAD View Post
Last year I went to Detroit, and NYC for the shows. Detroit was great! No lines, lots of space, and very pleasant experience. Lots of adults who knew their cars.

NYC was crowded, lines to get into cars, lots of kids playing with the radio settings.
I agree, I was so pissed off because the effin parents leave their kids in the FCCCCCCCCKING convertibles so they can go around and look at other cars. WTF...

I didnt even have a single chance to sit in any of the convertibles. I got in couple of BMW coupes and sedan because I ASKED. No body was hogging it because they thought you couldnt get in. Haha

They had a rally simulator with the chair that moves around but fail ass wheel with little to no forcefeedback so i didnt know when the car oversteer/understeer. ( you had to sign a waiver so if u get injured its not their fault)

They had a couple of games hooked up to the g27 wheel but the game was never i seen or heard of and sucked.

Ny auto show to me felt as if there werent many exotics and most of the cars were bland. This is why the FRS stood out to me. I loved the LFA btw.
dalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
Syldrin
Troll Feeder

Drives: boosted scion tc.
it was great i went with my wife and we spent a good amount of time drooling over the BRZ. she said i can have an FR-S if she can have a BRZ which i'm down with. the photos of the BRZ STi don't really do it justive imo i just can't wait until tuesday to see the beast we've been waiting so long to see.
Syldrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Seeing both the FRS and BRZ concepts, I thought the BRZ was very nice and closer to production and a lot more up to scale compared to the FRS. I thought the BRZ looked very big, very similar to a G35/G37.

Even though the Subaru spokeswoman didn't "appreciate" us helping her out with some of the facts, she wasn't too bad on the eyes!

Since it is a concept I didn't seem to get to excited but the pictures don't do justice; you have to see it in person if you in the SoCal area.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
It does look great in person. the headlights that i didn't like at first actually meld so great with the rest of the body. i was actually surprised at how big it seems in person, but i'm sure if we were able to get closer to it and see it at ground level it would be easier to tell how low and compact it is. it was definitely a lot more production ready and i was surprised at how much i liked it better than the concept frs. the frs was just so wild and obviously not production ready, it looked like something out of halo reach.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
Both concept looked good i try to imagine my AE86 side by side with each car which is more lower i think the concepts are lower the BRZ looks so good in person I need to tell my wife repeatedly that this are only concepts the BRZ/FRS but I told her the BRZ i think is 75% production look, she likes how radical the design on the FRS, when I was at the subaru booth the cusco people was on the platform getting up close and personal i asked the representative who are they "I was hoping STI engineers" he told me its cusco inc USA & Japan. I asked why they here he told me cusco and subaru have a long tuning relationship on their race cars in Japan. they look happy with the look I tried to listen what they are saying but its Japanese.
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
Fortunate Few
will photoshop for ft86

Drives: 07 Mazda RX8
Send a message via AIM to Fortunate Few
i'll be there today
Fortunate Few is offline   Reply With Quote