follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2026, 08:19 PM   #1
grippgoat
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Location: WA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Feedback on P2M subframe collars?

I couldn't find any real feedback on these:

https://www.phase2motortrend.com/pro...brzgt86-tp.htm

I'm looking for alternatives to Spoon. I haven't found any US dealers that have the Spoon ones. I had previously ordered them from Blackhawk Japan, but Trump tariffs made a shit show out of that, and they ended up back in Japan.

I contacted P2M to get the install instructions to see where they go / how they fit. They only go under the bolt heads to close the gap between the bolt and the subframe. There's nothing at the interface between the subframe and the chassis. But since the bolt head is like 3-4" away from the chassis both front and rear, I'm not really sure how effect they'd be. My main goal is to keep the subframe(s) from shifting due to curb strikes and bumpy agricultural excursions, as well as getting them centered back up again after messing with them.

Thanks,
-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 04:40 PM   #2
Racecomp Engineering
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 5,522
Thanks: 3,542
Thanked 7,419 Times in 3,035 Posts
Mentioned: 311 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
I've been thinking about making some but haven't had the time with all other projects this year.

Is that kit for front and rear?

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2026, 02:28 AM   #3
grippgoat
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Location: WA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes. But it only goes on the bolt heads. Nothing at the subframe to chassis interface.

Spoon USA said they can special order Spoon for $195 per axle + shipping. I might just do that.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2026, 09:52 AM   #4
2.2Lude
Member
 
2.2Lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Drives: BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 75
Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I ran the spoon collars on my TSX front and rear. It was a notable difference when going over rough surfaces - I lack the technical knowledge to fully explain the feeling but can say the suspension was more compliant and working more efficiently. The collars also showed up on the alignment rack. Caster was more even.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2026, 07:11 AM   #5
grippgoat
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Location: WA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2Lude View Post
I ran the spoon collars on my TSX front and rear. It was a notable difference when going over rough surfaces - I lack the technical knowledge to fully explain the feeling but can say the suspension was more compliant and working more efficiently. The collars also showed up on the alignment rack. Caster was more even.
I have Tyrol sport collars on my Golf R, and I agree it's difficult to describe, but noticeable. I believe in the Spoon ones. This thread is whether the p2m ones actually accomplish similar, or not.
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Cusco Subframe Collars, Cusco Rear Differential Collars (Front and Rear). FRSH86 Transmission and Driveline 0 04-19-2020 12:36 AM
Fs: brand new pbm subframe collars Guildjs Brakes, Suspension, Chassis 3 10-16-2014 08:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.