Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Feedback on P2M subframe collars? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155894)

grippgoat 07-31-2026 08:19 PM

Feedback on P2M subframe collars?
 
I couldn't find any real feedback on these:

https://www.phase2motortrend.com/pro...brzgt86-tp.htm

I'm looking for alternatives to Spoon. I haven't found any US dealers that have the Spoon ones. I had previously ordered them from Blackhawk Japan, but Trump tariffs made a shit show out of that, and they ended up back in Japan.

I contacted P2M to get the install instructions to see where they go / how they fit. They only go under the bolt heads to close the gap between the bolt and the subframe. There's nothing at the interface between the subframe and the chassis. But since the bolt head is like 3-4" away from the chassis both front and rear, I'm not really sure how effect they'd be. My main goal is to keep the subframe(s) from shifting due to curb strikes and bumpy agricultural excursions, as well as getting them centered back up again after messing with them.

Thanks,
-Mike

Racecomp Engineering 08-03-2026 04:40 PM

I've been thinking about making some but haven't had the time with all other projects this year.

Is that kit for front and rear?

- Andrew

grippgoat 08-31-2026 02:28 AM

Yes. But it only goes on the bolt heads. Nothing at the subframe to chassis interface.

Spoon USA said they can special order Spoon for $195 per axle + shipping. I might just do that.

-Mike

2.2Lude 08-31-2026 09:52 AM

I ran the spoon collars on my TSX front and rear. It was a notable difference when going over rough surfaces - I lack the technical knowledge to fully explain the feeling but can say the suspension was more compliant and working more efficiently. The collars also showed up on the alignment rack. Caster was more even.

grippgoat 09-14-2026 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2.2Lude (Post 3619703)
I ran the spoon collars on my TSX front and rear. It was a notable difference when going over rough surfaces - I lack the technical knowledge to fully explain the feeling but can say the suspension was more compliant and working more efficiently. The collars also showed up on the alignment rack. Caster was more even.

I have Tyrol sport collars on my Golf R, and I agree it's difficult to describe, but noticeable. I believe in the Spoon ones. This thread is whether the p2m ones actually accomplish similar, or not.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.