|
||||||
| BRZ First-Gen (2012+) General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2023
Drives: toyota 86 gts 2016
Location: australia wa
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
2016 Auto won't start w Start/Stop button
Hey guys I have an automatic 2016 facelift that wont start. Last night I was driving back home and when I reversed into my driveway, I noticed my reverse camera wasn't working so I thought 'I should just turn the car off and turn it back on, hopefully it'll fix it'. But to my surprise after I turned it off it did not start, no crank at all. Tried starting it a few times but didn't work, checked the battery but the battery life is good lights are working fine, jumpstarted it just in case but didn't work. Gave up on it for the night then the next morning I tried starting it again but this time it started but it had a check-engine light on. So I turned it off and tried turning it on but then again, it refuses to start. Please help me guys, what is causing this to happen? I did leave the car for two weeks because I flew out for work but I don't think thats the problem because it ran fine last night until i got home. Please help, thanks in advance!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2026
Drives:
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find out what was causing the no-start/no-crank issue?
I have a 2016 Toyota 86 automatic with a very similar problem. It starts normally, but sometimes after driving, turning it off, and trying to restart shortly afterward, it wont crank at all. After about an hour, it starts normally again. Id really appreciate it if you could tell me what fixed yours. Thanks! أرسلت بواسطة iPhone بإستخدام Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2018 FA24 SWAP BRZ "ANNIE"
Location: S. FL
Posts: 98
Thanks: 8
Thanked 56 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
|
No direct knowledge of the issue, but the original post sounds like an issue with the reverse or neutral switch. The car did not trigger the back-up camera so it may not have known it was in reverse. Once trying to restart, the ECU may not have known it was in Park and will not trigger the starter.
If you have a good scanner, you can check for neutral position and starter trigger.
__________________
DJ
2008 MX-5 PRHT "Violet" 2018 FA24 Swap BRZ "Annie" |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Stall/No Re-start with push button start | couver | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 11 | 06-26-2020 10:32 PM |
| LED Changed Dual Climate A/C Start Stop Button 2017 LCD Cluster Traction Controls! | JNuman85 | Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting) | 0 | 04-03-2020 04:01 PM |
| Battery dies, push start car in gear.... push start button | rhythmM | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 7 | 02-27-2014 06:06 PM |
| Pop-Start with Push-Button Start | cmspooner | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) General Topics | 5 | 03-22-2013 02:45 PM |