follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
dooms101

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Budget Friendly Build

I've been pouring over this forum for the past two weeks since I picked up a 2016 FRS AT. I'm really stoked to have bought a car with such a great aftermarket scene. I bought the car for the weekends and the occasional HPDE. I'm planning on doing my first event in the next month or two.

So far I think the car as stock is really fantastic but I love to tinker with things so I already have a wishlist of upgrades a mile long. I'm going to start with some mild aero, catback, CAI, and other little bits. I don't plan on doing anything too flashy and I can't get carried away since the car is a lease. Everything will be bolt on and reversible for when the lease ends unless I decide to buy it after.

Obligatory here's where I'm starting picture:

So far here's whats on order:
  • Ikon carbon fiber front lip
  • TRD style carbon fiber rear spoiler
  • Carbon fiber rear bumper extensions
  • CS style carbon fiber side skirts
  • JDM clear side markers
  • ABS rear diffuser panel
  • Hawk Performance ceramic front and rear brake pads
  • Invidia N1 catback exhaust with TI tips
  • K&N cold air intake with sound pipe delete

That's probably all the aero parts I'll put on the car since I think it looks good already. I'm planning on keeping all the carbon pieces raw, I'm guessing that I'll need to put on a couples coats of clear to keep them looking good for a while. I'll probably have a local shop take car of that since I want a good finish.

All said and done the total cost is less than $2000. I'm planning on installing everything myself (should be pretty easy). Parts come in next week so I'll update then.
dooms101 is offline   Reply With Quote