|
||||||
| Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for! |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
STX Build
Hey, so I am new to the forums and figured the best way to start is to give an introduction of myself and show you all what I am working with. I'll start with my history. I am 24 and everything I know about cars is self taught from forums and youtube. I love working on cars and learning anything new but there is only so much you can learn without going out and actually doing it. I went to my first autocross event last year and fell in love. I decided to go with STX because it wont break the bank to much and allow me to have a bit more freedom than street. I know that the biggest thing I need to do is just practice but living in NY I can not do much until about May when all the events start so I am doing what I can to the car in the meantime. My car is still pretty humble and I am still learning so I would any feed back and constructive criticism.
This is what I have done to the car so far, all my info is mostly from my uncle who has raced his whole life and mostly in Subarus and as well as the 86 track page on facebook. 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited Wheels: Enkei RPF1s 17x9 with RE-71R Brakes: Centric Rotors, StopTech Pads, StopTech S/S brake lines Exhaust: Skunk2 Alpha EL Header, Nameless Muffler Delete Engine: UniChip (saving up for EcuTek right now, I just got the UniChip for a steal and its better than nothing), Zeta Drop in Filter/Inlet Tube Drivetrain: Whiteline Positive Shift Kit, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch(I know this is not allowed, I threw it in before I did my first autox, sitting on an OEM clutch just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit more), Kartboy STS Suspension: Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings, SRP Front Camber Bolts Interior: Raceseng Ashiko Shift Nob Miscellaneous: Amsoil Fluid through out the car, Motor Oil, Brake Fluid, Transmission and Diff. Thats it for now. Next on my list is the EcuTek tune and then I am not sure if I should save up for KW v3s or knock out all the little things for the suspension such as sway bars and what not. Its slowly coming along and I am doing what I can. Right now I also have a RB v2 front bumper that I know will not be allowed in nationals but for the events that I go to no one cares. Just waiting to pick up a stock bumper cheap that I can throw on for events. Last edited by kandiflippin; 03-24-2016 at 12:24 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
-
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 10,386
Thanks: 13,791
Thanked 9,502 Times in 5,013 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
|
If you buy sway bars before coilovers be prepared to change them, they're generally used to fine tune balance after you get all the other stuff in the ballpark like spring rates, damping, alignment, tire pressures. Jumping into one early isn't a terrible idea, just don't consider it 'bought that so that's crossed off the list' and be willing to sell and buy another one or two. They seem to hold their value pretty well, imo keep an eye out and buy used, virtually no sway bars for this car will be older than ~3 years and they're not things that typically wear out over time, at least not until after heavy use.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: BRZ
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,052
Thanks: 1,773
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
AutoX-10/10ths every run
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Location: San Marcos, CA, USA
Posts: 2,610
Thanks: 4,882
Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,027 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
|
STX is a good class for the car. You may want to check the rules http://www.scca.com/downloads/10064-...nline/download as I don't think that front bumper and the quick latches are technically legal for STX.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
The Stig's German cousin
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 140
Thanked 519 Times in 345 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
|
Quote:
If you're going to compete at a national level it won't fly if you're getting trophies. Welcome to the boards! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Beginner STX Build Whiteout FRS Build Thread | Hachi86Roku | Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting | 21 | 03-31-2020 07:52 PM |
| [B is for Build] BRZ resurrection build | im_topher | Member's Car Journals | 49 | 03-05-2018 09:41 AM |
| Superpenguin's "Not Another Build Thread!" Build Thread | superpenguin | Member's Car Journals | 7 | 06-17-2015 04:00 PM |
| No build date on passenger side sticker, how to determine build date? | BBYZILA | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 5 | 01-20-2015 10:14 PM |
| Any 1jz or 2jz build FRS/BRZ out there? | Sitha@ft86club | Member's Car Journals | 11 | 02-26-2014 10:23 PM |