follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #197
CryptiK

Drives: NONE ATM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAN94A View Post
haha so many tools on here. Yeah I can tell

Bawwwww i want a factory spare, its not fairrrrrr... why'd you take my lolly off me. Yeah wow you confirmed it here

Get over it.. if you dont want to rely on a repair kit then as many others have said.. either:

1. Buy a subie space saver off ebay for under $100. So spend money on something that was meant to be free?

2. Buy aftermarket rims and use a factory as a spare. Not everyone will be doing this straight away
3. Buy someone elses rim(s)/tyre(s) because realistically there's going to be a tonne of them on ebay as soon as people start going for aftermarket rims. Again paying for something that was advertised as included free isnt such a great thing
4. Buy a basic steel rim from any wreckers/tyre shop for dirt cheap and put a tyre on it... hell it wont look pretty but its a SPARE. Wouldnt have to do this if they just did what they advertised
5. CANCEL YOUR ORDER - BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST DO IT AND FK OFF THE FORUM AND STOP TELLING US ABOUT IT Again confirmation of the tools on the forum
The way I see it is cost saving that only benefits them. If I wanted more room I would just remove the spare and keep it at home for a rainy day. Puncture repair kits arent a great idea for Australian roads either because we have fucking terrible roads here and if something more than a puncture were to happen you'd be boned in that situation. Your opinion is your opinion if you are going to be a prick about it keep it to yourself. I wont be cancelling my order but I will be seeking some sort of compensation I am going to pay good money for this car and all I want is what was advertised nothing taken away for their benefit alone.

And if you let them get away with this new you never know whats next you cant let this become a thing.
CryptiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #198
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450hp/tonne View Post
I'm not happy either, but I'm going to be an adult about the situation ...
I called into the dealer where mine is on order and asked for them to swap the spare, tools etc from their demo GTS. They agreed.
I went first thing on Monday in case someone else had the same thought.

I know the spare is a pain using up the boot and will probably take it out for local use but I hate the thought of being stranded far from home with a shredded tyre and having to wait for a tow somewhere. I also object to having to buy a new tyre when it's a simple puncture caused by a screw or similar which would be fine as the spare.

Give us the spare we paid for and leave the choice to us thanks.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sierra For This Useful Post:
click_lenny (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #199
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Drives: Evo X
Quote:
I'm calm & i'm an adult. Drafting email to Current Affairs and Today Tonight, try to get as many numbers as i can and perhaps 100 persons email in saying the same thing over and over again will get their attention to run the episodes.

Yes, it is not for public interest but more to 86 enthusiast, but hey, if TMCA can do it to 86, sooner later he can do it to other models as well, it is a ripped off and the whole Australia should be aware of this.

It remind me of Ikea episode that i watched from current affairs, as i know, lots and lots of people still go and shop at Ikea but i do knows quite a big number of people DON'T.

I will try every way that i could to get my full size spare & PIO cargo mat back and in the meant time, wait for my 86 GTS mt to be deliver before NOV 2012.
click_lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #200
os86

Drives: 2jz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by click_lenny View Post

Have this ass h@le tot about the 86 owner to be that wanted the full size spare? if i want more space, i will leave the spare at home. i don't need him to make decision for me, just give me what i signed for, nothing more, nothing less!!!! M*ther F*cker!!!
Quote:
I'm calm & i'm an adult. Drafting email to Current Affairs and Today Tonight, try to get as many numbers as i can and perhaps 100 persons email in saying the same thing over and over again will get their attention to run the episodes.

Yes, it is not for public interest but more to 86 enthusiast, but hey, if TMCA can do it to 86, sooner later he can do it to other models as well, it is a ripped off and the whole Australia should be aware of this.

It remind me of Ikea episode that i watched from current affairs, as i know, lots and lots of people still go and shop at Ikea but i do knows quite a big number of people DON'T.

I will try every way that i could to get my full size spare & PIO cargo mat back and in the meant time, wait for my 86 GTS mt to be deliver before NOV 2012.
Try and be a little more civilised about this situation, I have read most of your posts here and gt86 forums and to be very frank you just love the drama. Going to current affair and AAAC will not change a damn thing. Think about it

How about pick up the phone and make it crystal clear with you dealer of your expectations.

and btw I am in the same boat as you are with no spare wheel but I guess we all have a different nature as to how we react.
os86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to os86 For This Useful Post:
RAN94A (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #201
TheDemons

Drives: Sonic Blue GTS
Quote:
The website says there is a 12 month wait on the GTS. Anyone know anything about this?
TheDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #202
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by os86 View Post
Try and be a little more civilised about this situation, I have read most of your posts here and gt86 forums and to be very frank you just love the drama. Going to current affair and AAAC will not change a damn thing. Think about it

How about pick up the phone and make it crystal clear with you dealer of your expectations.

and btw I am in the same boat as you are with no spare wheel but I guess we all have a different nature as to how we react.
Already talk to my dealer as everyone is pushing the responsibilities around, dealer said it is TMCA decisions, and Mike Breen said it is between dealer and customers.

Civilized? how am i not civilized? i just don't like the idea of getting ripped off. may be you are fine with it, not me. and don't like the idea of increased the boot size by 6 litres?! haha.....what a joke, i could leave my full size spare at home if i need more space......r u kidding me?

mate, u r fine with it then it is fine for me, although we are on the same boat but i think i need to fight for what i deserved for.

If my post offended you, my bad. at least i am not rubbing salt over the wound like some others did.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #203
BRAWL

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have emailed my dealer and made it expressly clear that a full size spare must be included.

It is still advertised on their website under the specs so I expect it to come or a discount on purchase. It is ILLEGAL for them to advertise something then offer something else once purchased. The clauses in contracts only allow for variation to price, not to specification (at least in WA they do)

Last edited by BRAWL; 07-25-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: More info
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #204
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panman View Post
Issue that doesn't affect you, and you are now the arbiter of who should and should be on the forum?

Seriously - if it doesn't affect you and you are so against people voicing their opinions
Issue that MAY not affect me... until i have the keys in my hot little hands im not counting anything as definite, and aside from that even if i do get told my order has been pushed back into the batch that now does not get a full size spare.. i'll still be thrilled that ill be getting what is highly likely to be the car of the year... at such a great price.

It will in no way detract from the experience. Even if i were to get a flat and have the inconvenience of having to use the repair kit i would still be thankful that a car manufacturer has finally created an affordable fun sports car again.

I have no issue with people having an opinion, i do have an issue with people being petty and waving their hands in the air fuelling bull$h!t hysteria like Toyota want you to sign over your first born child in exchange for this car.. In a country where generally we end up paying a premium on everything, personally i for one am grateful that this car is so cheap.

But hey, maybe it was how i was brought up not to be a greedy SOB and appreciate what i do get rather than what i miss out on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVIIIVI View Post
it's certainly not a deal breaker for me; nor should it be for anyone as far as i'm concerned.
Thank god there's still some people out there with common sense..

Quote:
Have this ass h@le tot about the 86 owner to be that wanted the full size spare? if i want more space, i will leave the spare at home. i don't need him to make decision for me, just give me what i signed for, nothing more, nothing less!!!! M*ther F*cker!!!
^^ this kind of hysteria rubbish is exactly my point.. he's an asshole and a MF.. because prior to the production of your car they've cut some equipment. Even if it is cost cutting... they didnt take advantage of the fact that this car was always going to sell like hotcakes and jack the price up in australia.. despite the media reporting and everyone expecting the estimated drive away price to be several GRAND more than what was released they still brought it in as cheap as they could.

I hear the BRZ will be retaining their spares... if you feel so passionately maybe you should cancel your order and put in for a subie?

Quote:
Another one with some sense!!
RAN94A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAN94A For This Useful Post:
eleu2166 (07-25-2012), Psoo2010 (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #205
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptiK View Post
Your opinion is your opinion if you are going to be a prick about it keep it to yourself. I wont be cancelling my order but I will be seeking some sort of compensation I am going to pay good money for this car and all I want is what was advertised nothing taken away for their benefit alone.

And if you let them get away with this new you never know whats next you cant let this become a thing.
Just because you dont like it doesnt mean im not allowed to express it, public forum means difference in views and different opinions.

I find the logic (or lack of) behind many people's on here amusing, and i would actively encourage anyone who threatens to cancel their contract to do so and find another car so they dont need to come on here and vent about it. i dont intend to censor anyone.

So if that's how you feel all TMCA need to do is advise they have updated their advertising material and offer you a full refund if you no longer agree to those terms.. they dont have to sell you a vehicle.

Quote:

I'm confused... was that before or after you called Mike Breen an asshole and MF'er??

And lol... Today tonight and A Current Affair. The top brass of Australia's consumer media, out fighting the good fight for the "Aussie Battler."

like i've said previously... never mind that Toyota is giving this car to us considerably cheaper than initially expected/anticipated.. but how dare they take this wheel... it simply cannot stand.

Good on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZed View Post
I have emailed my dealer and made it expressly clear that a full size spare must be included.

It is still advertised on their website under the specs so I expect it to come or a discount on purchase. It is ILLEGAL for them to advertise something then offer something else once purchased. The clauses in contracts only allow for variation to price, not to specification (at least in WA they do)
As i said up ^^^ they will advise you that the specifications have changed, ask you whether you agree to the new changes and if you do not offer you a full refund.

They do not HAVE to sell you a car.
RAN94A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RAN94A For This Useful Post:
eleu2166 (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #206
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Some smart ass come in and rubbing salt all over the wound of those felt the pain of deletion of the full spare....... ( as this threat about ). yeah, small world, all kind of people and definitely not the 1st time seeing this type of people around and i'm damn sure he wouldn't be the last 1. Glad that he is not the one who created this forum or else, heaps of people will get kick out as it is his way or the highway.....haha......
Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #207
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Garage
Quote:
Some smart ass come in and rubbing salt all over the wound of those felt the pain of deletion of the full spare....... ( as this threat about ). yeah, small world, all kind of people and definitely not the 1st time seeing this type of people around and i'm damn sure he wouldn't be the last 1. Glad that he is not the one who created this forum or else, heaps of people will get kick out as it is his way or the highway.....haha......
What?
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #208
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Garage
In relation to the website, it will still show that until all cars with full size spares have been reported sold. Dealers were given the bulletin to inform customers of any orders built from September that they will not have the spare wheel. Its pretty obvious that they're not going to list the differences on their website.

Take them to court and you lose. Take a deep breath and realize you can't do anything about it, move on and enjoy your car when it gets here.

And in relation to Today Tonight, I'm pretty sure Seven won't run a story attacking one of their biggest advertising accounts. But all the best with your fight. All I can say is you're doing it wrong.
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #209
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I think everyone missed little important bit of legality.

"Toyota Australia reserves the right to change, without notice, at any time prices, colours, materials, equipment, specifications and discontinue colours/models. To the extent permitted by law, Toyota Australia will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense incurred as a result of reliance on this material in any way."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuddbutter For This Useful Post:
DanMac (07-25-2012), m0nty (07-25-2012), RAN94A (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #210
mclevin

Drives: Ae86, gts86 (coming)
I don't know about all you drama queens but I didn't buy the 86 for a full size spare and a rubber boot mat.
mclevin is offline   Reply With Quote