follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #183
Hook

Drives: Orange GTS86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAN94A View Post
haha so many tools on here.

Bawwwww i want a factory spare, its not fairrrrrr... why'd you take my lolly off me.

Get over it.. if you dont want to rely on a repair kit then as many others have said.. either:

1. Buy a subie space saver off ebay for under $100
2. Buy aftermarket rims and use a factory as a spare.
3. Buy someone elses rim(s)/tyre(s) because realistically there's going to be a tonne of them on ebay as soon as people start going for aftermarket rims.
4. Buy a basic steel rim from any wreckers/tyre shop for dirt cheap and put a tyre on it... hell it wont look pretty but its a SPARE.
5. CANCEL YOUR ORDER - BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST DO IT AND FK OFF THE FORUM AND STOP TELLING US ABOUT IT
Yeah people have over reacted but the deletion of the spare wheel is the title of this particular thread, so I would say this is a good place to have a whinge about it. If you don't want to read about it then dont click on the thread, easy.
No need to insult people because they obviously feel passionately about the subject, JUST DONT READ THIS THREAD and you wont have to hear about it anymore.
If people get insulted or made fun of for expressing an opinion (and lets face it a lot of people like a good whinge) then they probably wont return to the forum.
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hook For This Useful Post:
Righty (07-25-2012), Sutty (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #184
GTS86

Drives: Black GTS86 Aero
My car is on the boat on it's way. To be honest I don't how you guys are willing to wait months. Still look at it this way, if you ordered today you probably wouldn't see your car until late 2013 or 2014!!
GTS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #185
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
If people get insulted or made fun of for expressing an opinion (and lets face it a lot of people like a good whinge) then they probably wont return to the forum.
Here's hoping they dont return...

whingers generally wont be contained within A forum and tend to then spread throughout all the other posts... i'd rather we weed them out early.

so its like when Emo's were the craze and they'd all talk about offing themselves... Less chatter more splatter..
if they feel so strongly about missing out on a wheel on a bargain basement sports car that is priced well below all our expectations then cancel they should their contract and shut up about it.

RAN94A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RAN94A For This Useful Post:
Skorov (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #186
Skorov

Drives: 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

whingers generally wont be contained within A forum and tend to then spread throughout all the other posts... i'd rather we weed them out early.

so its like when Emo's were the craze and they'd all talk about offing themselves... Less chatter more splatter..
if they feel so strongly about missing out on a wheel on a bargain basement sports car that is priced well below all our expectations then cancel they should their contract and shut up about it.

I am going to repost that line simple because it's the best thing I've read all day! Hahahahah! Here it is:

Less chatter more splatter..
Skorov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skorov For This Useful Post:
RAN94A (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #187
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

Issue that doesn't affect you, and you are now the arbiter of who should and should be on the forum?

Seriously - if it doesn't affect you and you are so against people voicing their opinions, why are you so keen to share yours? Is your opinion that much more valuable than anyone elses?
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #188
Sutty

Drives: Sonic Blue 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Opinions are like are arse holes - everyone's got one and they stink worse than yours!
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #189
Panman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutty View Post
Opinions are like are arse holes - everyone's got one and they stink worse than yours!
QFT - I usually say They are arseholes - mine's very useful, but I have less than no interest in anyone else's.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #190
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panman View Post
QFT - I usually say They are arseholes - mine's very useful, but I have less than no interest in anyone else's.
Any response I could make to that would be NSFW.

The problem arises when someone wants empathy from those who don't care about their opinions, the two get driven further apart until they are ready to launch a nukular attack.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #191
Panman

Well said - the problem is that those not affected are saying that everyone who is (and is having a sook about it) is a ****. I'm not affected, but I am empathetic.

As far as this thread goes:

If you are affected, and you don't care for a spare then that's fine - you are entitled to your opinion, just as those who are affected and do care about the spare are.

It's the carpet bombing approach by people who aren't affected which seems over the top.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #192
DanVIIIVI

Drives: 86GTS 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
anyone who cancels their order because a lack of full sized spare is a fool
I would tend to agree.

It affects me, and i'm a little peeved/disappointed, but there are plenty of work arounds, and it's certainly not a deal breaker for me; nor should it be for anyone as far as i'm concerned.

I am starting to get a little excited now about the possibility of being able to boost the less than impressive sound system without compromising any boot space now
DanVIIIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #193
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,376 Times in 4,136 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
There's a bear in there
And a chair as well
There are people with games
And stories to tell
Open wide
Come inside
It's Playschool

Just my 2 cents
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #194
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's official. As of today!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/182695/t...86-spare-tyre/

Toyota Australia’s Mike Breen told CarAdvice the decision to swap the full-size spare for a tyre repair kit was motivated by improving practicality for owners and not about cost cutting.

“It was all about the usability of the boot space,” Breen said. “When we saw the intrusion into the boot space caused by the full-size spare wheel we decided that from a customer point of view it was not ideal.”

Have this ass h@le tot about the 86 owner to be that wanted the full size spare? if i want more space, i will leave the spare at home. i don't need him to make decision for me, just give me what i signed for, nothing more, nothing less!!!! M*ther F*cker!!!
click_lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to click_lenny For This Useful Post:
TheDemons (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #195
Righty

If they made this decision based on the "customer point of view", why did they not simply offer a flat boot as an option to getting the full sized spare tyre? .... This is clearly cost cutting.
Righty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #196
450hp/tonne

Drives: 2011 Corolla Ascent Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by click_lenny View Post
Have this ass h@le tot about the 86 owner to be that wanted the full size spare? if i want more space, i will leave the spare at home. i don't need him to make decision for me, just give me what i signed for, nothing more, nothing less!!!! M*ther F*cker!!!
I'm not happy either, but I'm going to be an adult about the situation ...
450hp/tonne is offline   Reply With Quote