follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #6133
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
John, you aren't going to burn my car to the ground. Going to a real vender who knows how to talk to people. Your attitude sucks and your ability to tune lean rocks. Figured I'd end it on a good note. Thank you for absolutely nothing.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #6134
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hmmm, so a Visconti FI tune "loses" 30-50whp vs other tuners? That's a little hard to believe.

My Visconti stage 2 pump gas tune took under 2 hours at Pure Automotive Performance, cost $575 (license & tune) and netted +17whp / +10lbs. I did have to wait 15 minutes for him to review the data logs and send a revised tune though. Maybe I should jump on the lynch mob bandwagon with you guys?
Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 AM   #6135
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
Hmmm, so a Visconti FI tune "loses" 30-50whp vs other tuners? That's a little hard to believe.

My Visconti stage 2 pump gas tune took under 2 hours at Pure Automotive Performance, cost $575 (license & tune) and netted +17whp / +10lbs. I did have to wait 15 minutes for him to review the data logs and send a revised tune though. Maybe I should jump on the lynch mob bandwagon with you guys?

Nobody I'd telling you to do nothing, just like there are lots of people with bad experiences with him, there are other people with good experiences with him. Good for you, I'm happy it worked out for you.

Now about the FI power loss again, some people have had a great experience with him, others have not. In my FI experience thread I have the dyno sheets showing the WHP difference between tunes. It's exactly as it has been described. Low end looks similar between tunes, but the top end screams out of the dyno sheet from the other tuner, thus netting the +33 whp.

Again, no one is trying to tell you what to do. People are just posting their experiences.

Sorry if this posts has mistakes, I'm on the phone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Nightbringer (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #6136
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Why should you jump on a lynch mob bandwagon if you're happy with the service you received?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #6137
JDKane527

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Why should you jump on a lynch mob bandwagon if you're happy with the service you received?
Because the Internet.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #6138
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

There are plenty of back to back same-condition dyno graphs to prove the validity of the above poster's statements. Many of us didn't jump on the 'bandwagon' because it's the new cool thing. I despise this negativity. Most of us spent months attempting to communicate with and work out satisfactory solutions to our issues but were unsuccessful. Only after exhausting all options to rectify the situation have we decided to begin posting our experiences in an effort to save others from the same frustrations.

I'm glad you had a positive experience, but it's becoming apparent that many did not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightbringer For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #6139
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I agree that John is an asshole and all, but this is a textbook example of the cult mentality of Internet forums. A couple months ago he was the gold standard, everyone proudly rocking his tune, good reviews coming from most everyone. Now that it's cool to hate him, th truth comes out (or is it?). Where were all these guys a couple months or even weeks ago? Telling us all to buy johns tune because its awesome, probably lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
Fast_Freddy (08-31-2013), peachch (08-31-2013), SkAsphalt (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #6140
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Despite what everyone thinks about John, this is his thread and I think we should respect that. I share my experiences regarding vendors often but I try to keep it in vendor review threads or start a thread of my own.

Just my .02
Old 08-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #6141
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
I agree that John is an asshole and all, but this is a textbook example of the cult mentality of Internet forums. A couple months ago he was the gold standard, everyone proudly rocking his tune, good reviews coming from most everyone. Now that it's cool to hate him, th truth comes out (or is it?). Where were all these guys a couple months or even weeks ago? Telling us all to buy johns tune because its awesome, probably lol.
Look around in the forum the gripes started back in April, then more and more people have been coming forward... It's just it was mostly posted in the vendors review forum which no one reads so it's worthless to post in there, if you want to warn people ahead of time you got to do it where people are actively seeking his services, not where you go to bitch after the fact.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
Carwhisperer (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #6142
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Oh by the way please make sure to leave your experiences with visconti on his feedback thread located here:
Visconti feedback
Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #6143
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Look around in the forum the gripes started back in April, then more and more people have been coming forward...
To be fair, complaints about Visconti's method of communicating with customers have been aired since he started his very first group buy on here.

I've always been clear about my experiences with him - from day 1 of his group buy when he kept giving me conflicting information, yet he was always right in his mind. I put up with his attitude (as did many others) because he was the first on the scene and we were already invested in his product, and frankly for NA or E85 tunes, his work was pretty solid, but now that I've gone FI, I've also moved on to a different tuner.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (09-01-2013), Opposed (08-31-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #6144
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Despite what everyone thinks about John, this is his thread and I think we should respect that.
100% agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
My opinion on this: I think the sudden on-rush of people "Joining the bandwagon" isn't so much because it's trendy and cool, though I'm sure there are some. I believe the reality is most people were trepidatious to be the first speaking up publically with their frustrations or criticisms, as John is their only tuner. I know MANY are fearful that posting their problems would lead to reprisal or detriment them in some way. This fear may be unfounded, as they at least verbally state they're still willing to assist me as a customer, and I've been a pretty notable asshat lately.

Many who initially posted loving the product have switched their tune (sorry for the pun) due to issues that have arisen after the initial install. This doesn't make them liars or invalidate their points, it's just an evolution of their impression of the product. It's definitely a notable improvement over stock, but I believe the primary facet of frustration for people is the lack of customization/fine-tuning after the fact, as well as the customer service/support.

I and others have said it a handful of times now: This is his thread and it needs to stop being cluttered with bashing. If it's legitimate data you're posting that could aid Visconti in improving upon his tune, I think he'd be open to that kind of critique as it's on-point. But there are plenty of other threads to vent frustration without cluttering this one up further.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nightbringer For This Useful Post:
Adeets (08-31-2013), chadstyle (08-31-2013), cuddefred (09-01-2013), Fast_Freddy (08-31-2013), Hawaiian (09-01-2013), jamesm (08-31-2013), pmccut (09-01-2013), Sportsguy83 (08-31-2013), tonystewart (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #6145
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
To be fair, complaints about Visconti's method of communicating with customers have been aired since he started his very first group buy on here.

I've always been clear about my experiences with him - from day 1 of his group buy when he kept giving me conflicting information, yet he was always right in his mind. I put up with his attitude (as did many others) because he was the first on the scene and we were already invested in his product, and frankly for NA or E85 tunes, his work was pretty solid, but now that I've gone FI, I've also moved on to a different tuner.

I was blinded by the NVH since February when I got his tune. What you said about him being right in his mind always is dead on. Complete moron.

I remembering him asking me over the phone (bricked my ecu because of a bad cable that never got resolved to date) if I was the kid who colored out of the lines in elementary school. I did actually and I know for a fact I am far more successful than his knucklehead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carwhisperer For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-31-2013), tonystewart (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #6146
Thongpocket
Master Troll

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
"Huhuhuhuhh. Fire! Fire!" - Beavis Visconti

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Closed Thread