follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #85
cupcake917

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I updated my previous post to include a pic of the blues and here's another:

Didn't know there was a significant difference in insurance cost... thought it might be more for FR-S since it would have more claims associated with it (by the sheer number of them out there). But if BRZs generally cost more to buy then I could see it costing more to insure unless you go for a Monogram or Release Series FR-S.

I'm not a huge audio person and not sure if 12s make a difference other than being able to claim you have 12s but the OEM Audio subs are 8" and sized right for the trunk, maybe even for acoustics. My buddy's 12 looked out of place in his FR-S making trunk space useless.
Oh 8's sadly are not enough for me...I have 2 15's now...I've never had a useful trunk in my life ever so that's no biggie to me I really do love how clean it looks...but as long as I can get two 12's to fit, I'll be ok...I love loud music...when ever I get upset or feel down, driving with the radio all the way up is my favorite thing to do...I'll go drive for hours I do it in my house too, I have turn tables and really loud speakers...I'll sing like crazy when I'm alone too...my poor neighbors oh forgot to add...I LOVE the dark blue much more...it's so sexy...I can wait to get this car
cupcake917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #86
cupcake917

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Ultramarine ALL... DAY... LONG!
Yes yes and double yes!
cupcake917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #87
abraxis

Drives: many
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok, Chen calls it an overweight-what?

Tell me again how FWD doesn't enter into this discussion?
I was talking to Chen directly about weight or did not even see my lengthy reply to them? I never mentioned or quoted you or focused on FWD until you brought me into it. So why you quoted me I have no idea. You are having a conversation with yourself. Please stop. There are many other FWD threads to humor you.

Even if you want to go there, the Celica and Integra still are miles ahead of the TC in performance when compared to the FRS. So what's your point? You want to talk about Fiestas, Golfs, and FWD Cadillacs too? How about a Saab Sonett?? Is that like a TC too?
abraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #88
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
I used to watch this over and over, probably my favorite vid as a Celica owner. Out of all the cars in the end including FR and MR cars, Tsutchiya recommended the C-One tuned Celica.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8HGbIbcuFo"]Touge Showdown 3 - Hot Version International - YouTube[/ame]

Also influenced me on eventually getting an MR-S and G35 (the end teaser). :3

Nowadays they put out a ton of vids praising the GT86. Then again, the type of cars they prefer for the driving they do makes them biased.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #89
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
@abraxis, you've conveniently left out the main point and I suspect you know that. FWD cars exist solely because they're cheaper to build - period. I'm an old fart who never drank the kool-aid. Tcoat, you're older than me so I know you remember the early 80s when the big 3 started shoving all that marketing bullshit down our throats.

The Celica and the tC are perfectly nice cars but don't waste your energy arguing the merits of any FWD vehicle. Give it up.
Yep older at any rate and totally do remember the crap that the American companies were pushing in the FWD field (K car anybody?).
BUT ... I did "drink the coolaid" and went back for seconds when I drove a Japanese FWD the first time! It was an old Mazada and in my advanced years my memory fails me (joke not slamming you or being sarcastic) as to exactly what year and model but I do remember it was a HOOT (old person term). I was sold on the merits (there are actually many) of FWD for many years and have no regrets at all on having owned several FWD cars since then. The other factor that made me decide on several of my FWD purchases was to total lack of an affordable RWD car on the new car market (that wasn't a Mustang or equivalent). When I went looking for something to replace my last car everything but the FRS on my short list was FWD and if they still made a Celica it would have been a contender as well. There is certainly a lot of FWD slamming on this forum which of course is expected due to the cars we own (or want to own) but head over to almost any other import site and you will see as much or more hatred for RWD.
All in all hating on any car just because it is driven by the front wheels, rear wheels or even all wheels makes no sense because they all move ( some better then others yes) and have their pluses and minuses!
If Cupcake (GOD I am glad to hear you are not a dude I was wondering at the choice of names) was happy with FWD and now wants to switch over GREAT but that did not make the Celica a bad car!

WOW that reads a lot sterner then I intended so I will now sing a little tune to light the mood! "IFFFFFFF you're happy and you know it clap your hand CLAP, CLAP"
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #90
Tcoat

Quote:
Ultramarine ALL... DAY... LONG!
Yep SECOND best colour!

GO TEAM LAVA!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #91
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake917 View Post
I'm a female...that's me in my pic...I hope no man would use the name cupcake for themselves...that would be pretty fruity....but I def don't think the celica resembles the tc at all in anyway...that thang is uglyyyy-Id rather drive a honda..so that's saying alot HA but I'm really picky when it comes to cars...If it was my choice Id have a sapphire blue supra with black interior...but due to age and condition I gave up that dream...tears...
Well now they know that is you in the avatar nobody will ever disagree with you again!

I was actually going into the Scion dealer to check out the TC when there on the showroom floor in all it's glowing orange glory sat the new love of my life!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #92
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,617 Times in 18,980 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Yep SECOND best colour!

GO TEAM LAVA!!!!!!!!!
Oh, we gonna do THIS again!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #93
Tcoat

Quote:
Oh, we gonna do THIS again!!!!!!!
Yepper! Every chance I get!!!!
My wife was so pissed when I went orange as all the families other cars are blue and have been for years and years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #94
ThisIsChrisKim
Hockey Playing Scientist

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT (WRB)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I loved the Celica when I was younger. The 7th gen really caught my eye. Particularly in GTS form, the Celica was a very competent handler and quick. Hitting the lift cam on the 2ZZ was a great experience.
ThisIsChrisKim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThisIsChrisKim For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #95
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
I was talking to Chen directly about weight or did not even see my lengthy reply to them? I never mentioned or quoted you or focused on FWD until you brought me into it. So why you quoted me I have no idea. You are having a conversation with yourself. Please stop. There are many other FWD threads to humor you.

Even if you want to go there, the Celica and Integra still are miles ahead of the TC in performance when compared to the FRS. So what's your point? You want to talk about Fiestas, Golfs, and FWD Cadillacs too? How about a Saab Sonett?? Is that like a TC too?

I mentioned FWD first. Chen brought it up second, along with the fat comment. You came in third without touching on what I consider to be the main point.

OP, you lost a nice Celica which, by the way, was an absolutely gorgeous color - MUCH nicer than those ORANGE ones. <blecch> Sorry for jacking your thread.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #96
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Yep older at any rate and totally do remember the crap that the American companies were pushing in the FWD field (K car anybody?).
BUT ... I did "drink the coolaid" and went back for seconds when I drove a Japanese FWD the first time! It was an old Mazada and in my advanced years my memory fails me (joke not slamming you or being sarcastic) as to exactly what year and model but I do remember it was a HOOT (old person term). I was sold on the merits (there are actually many) of FWD for many years and have no regrets at all on having owned several FWD cars since then. The other factor that made me decide on several of my FWD purchases was to total lack of an affordable RWD car on the new car market (that wasn't a Mustang or equivalent). When I went looking for something to replace my last car everything but the FRS on my short list was FWD and if they still made a Celica it would have been a contender as well. There is certainly a lot of FWD slamming on this forum which of course is expected due to the cars we own (or want to own) but head over to almost any other import site and you will see as much or more hatred for RWD.
All in all hating on any car just because it is driven by the front wheels, rear wheels or even all wheels makes no sense because they all move ( some better then others yes) and have their pluses and minuses!
If Cupcake (GOD I am glad to hear you are not a dude I was wondering at the choice of names) was happy with FWD and now wants to switch over GREAT but that did not make the Celica a bad car!

WOW that reads a lot sterner then I intended so I will now sing a little tune to light the mood! "IFFFFFFF you're happy and you know it clap your hand CLAP, CLAP"
RWD is preferred by driving enthusiasts, plain and simple. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of racing and features RWD for a reason. FWD cars have too many compromises. AWD can be great, but adds complexity and heavyness. AWD is getting better and better now though and will continue to do so.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sideways&Smiling For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #97
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
RWD is preferred by driving enthusiasts, plain and simple. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of racing and features RWD for a reason. FWD cars have too many compromises. AWD can be great, but adds complexity and heavyness. AWD is getting better and better now though and will continue to do so.
Yep. Don't disagree with that for a second but it is truly a bitch when you try to use your F1 car as a DD. Hauling all those guys around to fuel it and change the tires, the mileage just plain sucks and of course there is rain and snow (OH GOD NOT SNOW)!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #98
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
Yep. Don't disagree with that for a second but it is truly a bitch when you try to use your F1 car as a DD. Hauling all those guys around to fuel it and change the tires, the mileage just plain sucks and of course there is rain and snow (OH GOD NOT SNOW)!
I put a fifth-wheel on my F1 for my crew - those whiny bitches.