follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #29
imag

Drives: 1965 Datsun Roadster
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
No changes to exterior please. This car looks fucking great.
I agree with that. I hope they don't muck it up with a massive grill or something
imag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #30
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
I agree with that. I hope they don't muck it up with a massive grill or something
Yeah some ugly ass lexus style chrome grill.....I am worried about this as well. I cant really imagine it looking much better. Hell I think almost all the body kits make it look worse.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (03-15-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #31
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you so much for demanding that I just go spend $30K. Jesus. I'm sure you would so appreciate me yelling at you about what you should do with your car purchase decisions.

Consider, if you can, that this may not be about people trying to feel "special". I don't give a crap if I have one that is better than you. And if you feel inferior about it, that's your problem.

Like many people, I drove the car and felt it was missing things I want, and there is nothing on the market yet that fits my needs, so I am not buying yet. That's simple. I was living in another country for the first year it was sold, and we have two other cars, so I don't need to rush. When the revision comes out, I will look at it, and if it still doesn't work for me, I will buy something else. Also very simple.

So how about *you* go enjoy your car instead of berating me about what I should do?
Why are there so many people on this forum that get so offended over the smallest things?! Good grief! Stop being so sensitive and realize that you are on a FORUM and people will have different opinions than you do. I don't think one time in my post that I wrote @imag to specifically point you out. Just like you, I don't give a rats ass about what you think about the car I purchase, but I don't cry when someone gives their opinion on it.

The people I was talking about are the people who are sitting on a loan or the cash to buy the car and aren't doing it in case the next version is so much better. It may be or it may be the exact same with a face lift. We don't know. You are waiting on a car that may or may not happen. There are a plethora up upgrades for this car to fix nearly all the things most people have issues with. And the next car might not have all the things you want either. You just going to wait until it finally does?

It's the 200 threads of "what if the next one has a turbo?" or "should I buy my FRS now, or wait until the monogram comes out" (yes, I know it's out), or "should I buy the 10 series or the monogram or should I wait for the 2015" Hopefully you get my point, @imag (yes, this time I'm talking specifically to you). There is so little information on the changes coming in 2015 and what we have is SUPER vague. Also, there are a TON of threads on "do I buy [enter trim or year here] or wait for [other selected trim or year here]." It's clutter.

As far as me demanding how you spend $30k…..I don't really care (although from your original post, you could probably have most of what you want on the current FRS for $38k). Do what you want with it, but use the search feature first. You might just find the answer you are looking for has been posted many, many times. If that doesn't work, there is always google (which I have better success with anyway for this site)….and see what you come up with.
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suaveflooder For This Useful Post:
AznKirby (03-09-2014), OICU812 (03-09-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #32
imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Realize that you are on a FORUM and people will have different opinions than you do.
That was exactly my point. That's why I don't go on a thread and say everyone else's opinion is pointless and tell people what they should do.

You seem to think I was asking if I should buy or wait, but I wasn't, and I don't think any of the other posters were either. That's a decision each of us will make on our own when the new car comes out. FWIW, I have used search and have read the prior comments. All sorts of things had been speculated about, but the refresh had not been confirmed until Tada's post. That makes a discussion relevant to those who have been waiting (for our own good reasons) to buy the car. If you see no value to it, then you can move on. Enjoy your beer.

In general, people seem to take offense at the wishing in the thread without understanding that it was structured that way in order to separate what people think will *actually* happen from what they *want* to happen. The thread was also intended to isolate speculation on refresh possibilities from the conversation about Tada-san's post. Thank you to those who have made compelling contributions.

Last edited by imag; 03-09-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #33
suaveflooder

Quote:
That was exactly my point. That's why I don't go on a thread and say everyone else's opinion is pointless and tell people what they should do.

FWIW, I have used search, and have read prior comments about this. This particular thread was based a confirmed refresh for 2015. All sorts of things had been speculated about, but the refresh had not been confirmed until Tada's post. That makes it relevant to those who have been waiting (for our own good reasons) to buy the car.

People seem to take offense at the wishing in the thread without understanding that it was structured that way for a reason. I thought it was worth separating what people think will *actually* happen from what they *want* to happen. Separating out the wishlist items was a way at getting people to talk about what was actually likely for the refresh. The thread was also intended to separate the legitimate speculation from the conversation about Tada-san's post. If you see no value to it, then you can move on. Enjoy your beer.

So are we done here then?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #34
raven1231

Please stop the drama.
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
zerodark (03-09-2014)
Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #35
raven1231

I am sure there will be some cosmetic changes and some sort of power increase. It may even be as minimal as a tune or something just giving it a pump of 20-30hp would be my guess. But again who knows, everything is speculation at this point.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #36
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Your 15-20hp bump isn't going to come thru tuning alone, the only reason the aftermarket is managing it is because they don't have to go thru regorous gvt. emissions testing. Toyota/Subaru has this engine tuned on the edge of the brink the way is.

My best guess is $30k option with a eaton type supercharger used in the Elise Toyota motor. Not happy with that 'cause they could go turbo with no price increase.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #37
SCharged

Drives: asphalt fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!

lighter and replace sound tube with TRD exhaust minus bass mouth tips.

and fix the damn crickets once and for all, and the idle dip (Don't get me wrong, I love dip, but mostly with chips or veggies, not with my idle... )
SCharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #38
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I mentioned it in another thread, but the my15 FRS will not have any mechanical changes/updates. This is a fact, not a guess. I can't say for my16, but my15 definitely has no mechanical changes from the current model.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #39
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC Por Siempre View Post
300BHP and around 200FT-LB should be fine for this car. I'm really starting to build a picture of what I want to do to this car beyond the OFT, OFH, LSD, bushings, Modify 1st and 2nd gears, adjustable struts and a few others. Its that or a two door Genesis Hyundai.
What's with the bipolar car choices? You own a Prius and a 911 Turbo? Also, if I had a 911 Turbo, I don't think I would care about the FR-S. Not disrespecting, just curious and jealous at the same time (not so much about the Prius lol).
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #40
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
People "wishing for" on all these threads. I have never seen a car forum with so many of these types of threads starting from before you could even buy the car. Personally I'm fine with the power, but you have to admit all these threads says something and that's most people want 50+ more HP and lessened torque dip.

I think it says move Tada to a project as far away from the GT-86 as possible, give the refresh to Subaru.

This car will never be a Toyota so forget Toyota reliability, way to many major parts are manufactured by Subaru, so, I hope they let Subaru take a stab at perfecting the refresh. They have the FA20T on the shelf to play with, and are genius at selling value packed cars at a low price (of course don't let them make much if any styling changes.).

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib

Last edited by regal; 03-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #41
imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post
I mentioned it in another thread, but the my15 FRS will not have any mechanical changes/updates. This is a fact, not a guess. I can't say for my16, but my15 definitely has no mechanical changes from the current model.
I would love to know how you know this. It's not that I would be surprised in some sense - models are typically refreshed at the halfway point, around three years. But with Tada's announcement, I have trouble believing they would wait a whole other year to actually implement the refresh.

Then again, they did do a ridiculously long hype cycle for the car introduction. If this refresh doesn't come until 16 MY, with slow leaks leading up to it, that will be seriously annoying.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #42
suaveflooder

Quote:
I would love to know how you know this. It's not that I would be surprised in some sense - models are typically refreshed at the halfway point, around three years. But with Tada's announcement, I have trouble believing they would wait a whole other year to actually implement the refresh.

Then again, they did do a ridiculously long hype cycle for the car introduction. If this refresh doesn't come until 16 MY, with slow leaks leading up to it, that will be seriously annoying.

I think a lot of the information we are getting are from multiple threads. There is no one thread that will cover it all, but from the ones I've read, seems like a face lift, and minor power increase. Considering that Tada Tetsuya won't go FI on these cars, we are kind of stuck. Unless he decides to change up motors, we seem to be pretty limited as to the power increase we will see with the current motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
turbodieselwithlaserbeams